+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

citizentest21

Nov 30, 2021
Yes, given the thread we are in, we understand that. What is the reason you were interviewed, as most applicants are not.
He wanted to check specific pages on my passport and had questions about my PR since I had got it through spousal category. Later, he had a specific question and said if I require any documents, I will send you an email. That’s it.

today when I logged in, all I saw was a ghost update. Nothing else was completed. So wondering what the ghost update is.

Reactions: Wacky1.nash

citizentest21

Nov 30, 2021
Did you do your citizenship test from outside Canada?
Nope, I was in Canada when I took that test. He had specific questions about my passport pages and also the fact that I had obtained PR through spousal category. At the end just said, if I need any documents from you, we will send you an email. That’s it. Today when I checked my status, it had a ghost update but nothing in my tracker was updated. So wondering what that ghost update is

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
He wanted to check specific pages on my passport and had questions about my PR since I had got it through spousal category. Later, he had a specific question and said if I require any documents, I will send you an email. That’s it.

today when I logged in, all I saw was a ghost update. Nothing else was completed. So wondering what the ghost update is.
Are you still with your spouse or divorced/ separated? If the latter, I can see a reason for the interview.

A ghost update basically means that your file has been touched by IRCC. It could simply mean the file was opened or it could mean a report was added regarding your interview or any one of many many things.

Normally a positive thing though, as it means something is happening and it is not just sitting there. But what exactly is happening, no one here can tell you.

Last edited:

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
Someone in Nov 2021 Online applicant received Oath schedule. I really don’t know how IRCC is working.

October applicants are still waiting…….

siju22

Jun 30, 2017
Someone in Nov 2021 Online applicant received Oath schedule. I really don’t know how IRCC is working.

December ones even got Oath Schedule. So it's completely unpredictable now.

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore

There are January 2020 applicants still waiting. Heck, there are 2019 applicants still waiting.

So it is clear they don't process files chronologically.

Personally, I am mentally prepared to wait until late 2023 for my oath...once it gets to 2024, that's when I would be worried...

Last edited:

vimal3134

Star Member
Aug 27, 2017
Nope, I was in Canada when I took that test. He had specific questions about my passport pages and also the fact that I had obtained PR through spousal category. At the end just said, if I need any documents from you, we will send you an email. That’s it. Today when I checked my status, it had a ghost update but nothing in my tracker was updated. So wondering what that ghost update is
It could be random check, sometime you called for interview, just to check you are physically present in Canada, same thing happens for PR renewal too.
No need to worry, if you have done noting wrong.

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
It could be random check, sometime you called for interview, just to check you are physically present in Canada, same thing happens for PR renewal too.
No need to worry, if you have done noting wrong.
If one obtains PR through their spouse, it is contingent on the marriage being genuine. Not sure if they interview all spousal applicants or just those where there is suspicion of fraud.

But yes agreed, so long as the marriage is real, and OP can demonstrate that, there is no reason for OP to be worried, even if they have since separated/ divorced.

Madeline01

Dec 18, 2017
Australia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
21-01-2018
AOR Received.
21-01-2018
Med's Done....
07-02-2018
Passport Req..
28-02-2018
Yes I’ve passed the citizenship test back in December 2021. They put me in for the interview yesterday. Today I just saw a ghost update but nothing was completed.
Is your background check completed?

citizentest21

Nov 30, 2021
Nope I d
Did you do your citizenship test from outside Canada?
Are you still with your spouse or divorced/ separated? If the latter, I can see a reason for the interview.

A ghost update basically means that your file has been touched by IRCC. It could simply mean the file was opened or it could mean a report was added regarding your interview or any one of many many things.

Normally a positive thing though, as it means something is happening and it is not just sitting there. But what exactly is happening, no one here can tell you.
thank you for your response!!!