+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCTOBER 2020 OUTLAND Spousal Sponsorship

HopefulLegend

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Good memory. The follow up request was for a certified copy of our marriage certificate and supporting evidence that the sponsor actually intends to move back to Canada. We wrote a 3 page letter for the latter that referenced about 12 supporting documents (letter from brother, real estate agent, investments moved to firms that allow Canadian address, etc.). In the process, we could upload the marriage certificate and letter, but not the supporting documents mentioned in our letter (only a single document was allowed for each of the marriage certificate and letter). Received Decision Made without ever having to send the additional supporting documents.
Had a question. When you applied, were you living outside of Canada and provided initial evidence of intent to return? Or were you living inside Canada at the time of the application and then moved outside the country while the application was processing?

jclarke99

May 10, 2020
Had a question. When you applied, were you living outside of Canada and provided initial evidence of intent to return? Or were you living inside Canada at the time of the application and then moved outside the country while the application was processing?
Living Outside Canada the entire time (and sponsor has lived outside Canada for the past 35 yrs).

valvlad

Feb 27, 2021
Ok got it thanks , I am still waiting for my AOR , not signs yet , applied in July 2021
write them asking for a status update!
we waited too long as well until our rep wrote ircc. turned out they needed additional document and god knows how much longer we'd wait if we didn't try asking... good luck !

Robbie003

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
write them asking for a status update!
we waited too long as well until our rep wrote ircc. turned out they needed additional document and god knows how much longer we'd wait if we didn't try asking... good luck !
Thanks a lot dear for such important tip , will try do that and please can , you tell me how can contact them without file no. Or any aor no.

valvlad

Feb 27, 2021
Thanks a lot dear for such important tip , will try do that and please can , you tell me how can contact them without file no. Or any aor no.
use the contact form on the website i guess... state the principal applicant's info. we didn't have the file number as well, so that's why we wrote :)

from CIC website:

"If you’ve never received a unique client identifier (UCI) and wish to ask a general question, type 00000000 in the Client ID number (UCI) field."

Last edited:

akunamachi

Jan 8, 2022
Hello group.

Apply for spousal sponsorship on 10/16/2020 outside of Canada. I already had my medical exams done and I passed them on 12/16/2021. Is there anyone in this group who is waiting as long as I am?

Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Babies0625

Babies0625

Feb 4, 2015
Calgary
Hello group.

Apply for spousal sponsorship on 10/16/2020 outside of Canada. I already had my medical exams done and I passed them on 12/16/2021. Is there anyone in this group who is waiting as long as I am?

Thanks a lot.
May I ask why it took so long to have the medicals passed? We are still waiting for DM/PPR until now and they also received our application on Oct. 16, 2020 detailed timeline in my signature.