+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCTOBER 2020 OUTLAND Spousal Sponsorship

jclarke99

May 10, 2020
Thanks for the congrats (and time line is in my signature).
Just got PPR today (one day after DM).
Hmmm asks for passport info for myself and for each accompanying family member. My Canadian spouse/sponsor will be accompanying me. From what I've gathered from prior posts, I don't need to include my spouse's/sponsor's passport info.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks for the congrats (and time line is in my signature).
Just got PPR today (one day after DM).
Hmmm asks for passport info for myself and for each accompanying family member. My Canadian spouse/sponsor will be accompanying me. From what I've gathered from prior posts, I don't need to include my spouse's/sponsor's passport info.
Correct, your Canadian spouse doesn't need a visa or landing docs. And congrats.

jclarke99

May 10, 2020
Correct, your Canadian spouse doesn't need a visa or landing docs. And congrats.
Thanks. In Appendix A of the PPR, there's a row to possibly be filled in for Spouse or Partner. Again, should I ignore that line for my Canadian spouse/sponsor?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks. In Appendix A of the PPR, there's a row to possibly be filled in for Spouse or Partner. Again, should I ignore that line for my Canadian spouse/sponsor?
I just recalled that you got - I think - the request for more information on intent to return to Canada.

For others (topic that comes up a lot) - what had you provided initially and then what did you provide in addition? Was there any further followup or requests from IRCC?

jclarke99

May 10, 2020
I just recalled that you got - I think - the request for more information on intent to return to Canada.

For others (topic that comes up a lot) - what had you provided initially and then what did you provide in addition? Was there any further followup or requests from IRCC?
Good memory. The follow up request was for a certified copy of our marriage certificate and supporting evidence that the sponsor actually intends to move back to Canada. We wrote a 3 page letter for the latter that referenced about 12 supporting documents (letter from brother, real estate agent, investments moved to firms that allow Canadian address, etc.). In the process, we could upload the marriage certificate and letter, but not the supporting documents mentioned in our letter (only a single document was allowed for each of the marriage certificate and letter). Received Decision Made without ever having to send the additional supporting documents.

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Good memory. The follow up request was for a certified copy of our marriage certificate and supporting evidence that the sponsor actually intends to move back to Canada. We wrote a 3 page letter for the latter that referenced about 12 supporting documents (letter from brother, real estate agent, investments moved to firms that allow Canadian address, etc.). In the process, we could upload the marriage certificate and letter, but not the supporting documents mentioned in our letter (only a single document was allowed for each of the marriage certificate and letter). Received Decision Made without ever having to send the additional supporting documents.
Thank you. Interesting that they did not end up requesting the supporting docs. It's still a bit unclear whether this is some new level of strictness about the intent-to-return policy or possibly just a more general formal ask-everyone to update policy. I'm under the impression they are asking most without much analysis of the initial submission's evidence of intent-to-return - i.e. possibly not more strict but putting some work onto the applicants.

jclarke99

May 10, 2020
Thank you. Interesting that they did not end up requesting the supporting docs. It's still a bit unclear whether this is some new level of strictness about the intent-to-return policy or possibly just a more general formal ask-everyone to update policy. I'm under the impression they are asking most without much analysis of the initial submission's evidence of intent-to-return - i.e. possibly not more strict but putting some work onto the applicants.
Sponsor hasn't lived in Canada for 35 yrs. So, we're not too surprised by the request.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Sponsor hasn't lived in Canada for 35 yrs. So, we're not too surprised by the request.
Not saying it's unreasonable but they seem to be doing these for almost all now. (Mine did not get this request and was out for many years, although in Canada frequently.)

jclarke99

May 10, 2020
Wow, a week and no chatter?! Perhaps a combo of those who have successfully obtained PR and have moved on, and those who are resigned to the waiting game.

Reactions: Sharma13