+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCTOBER 2020 OUTLAND Spousal Sponsorship

Suteja

Mar 24, 2021
Hello fellow applicants. I've sponsored my wife back home in India and I'm a PR living in Canada. We recently received our SA and are currently working on our Medicals. Does anyone know if there could be an impact to our application outcome if I travel to India to see her (since I cleared my SA)? If so, for how long is it acceptable?

I did my research on other blogs where this question was asked but it is not entirely clear if they were in the same status as we are currently. Some say it is risky as I will be considered a non-resident of Canada when I travel. Others say to limit it to 2-3 weeks. Any personal experiences or ones that you heard of would be helpful in evaluating my plans.

TIA.

Sandy2020

Star Member
Jun 14, 2020
Hello fellow applicants. I've sponsored my wife back home in India and I'm a PR living in Canada. We recently received our SA and are currently working on our Medicals. Does anyone know if there could be an impact to our application outcome if I travel to India to see her (since I cleared my SA)? If so, for how long is it acceptable?

I did my research on other blogs where this question was asked but it is not entirely clear if they were in the same status as we are currently. Some say it is risky as I will be considered a non-resident of Canada when I travel. Others say to limit it to 2-3 weeks. Any personal experiences or ones that you heard of would be helpful in evaluating my plans.

TIA.
So relieved to finally receive our AOR today! I linked the application to a CIC account, and the portal is estimating that our processing time will be 7 months. Anyone know how accurate that estimate is these days? I know it wouldn't usually take over 5 months to get AOR.... Seems unlikely!
[/QUO

I got my Aor but there is only application. And UCI no on it . But no UCI no of a principal applicant.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019

TIA.
It seems like less than a month will be fine, longer and they might question it.

Reactions: esam99

frange

May 25, 2018
AOR1 received March 27th 2021. My info will be updated on the spreadsheet. Hang in there, they are processing - just very slowly. Hopefully won’t be too long for you as well!
Did you receive it yesterday or earlier? I think they do not work weekends.
What is your timeline?

jclarke99

May 10, 2020
Received biometrics request today (via e-mail to applicant, that then had me go to my GCKey account to view the actual letter). In my case, this arrived 3 weeks after obtaining AOR1. So, this timing seems to vary wildly across applicants. Also, prior to today, my GCKey account stated "We do not need biometrics. We will send you a message if this changes". I guess it changed!

• Haha
Reactions: cjr

Sandy2020

Star Member
Jun 14, 2020
Received biometrics request today (via e-mail to applicant, that then had me go to my GCKey account to view the actual letter). In my case, this arrived 3 weeks after obtaining AOR1. So, this timing seems to vary wildly across applicants. Also, prior to today, my GCKey account stated "We do not need biometrics. We will send you a message if this changes". I guess it changed!
When did you get your AOR?