+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCTOBER 2020 OUTLAND Spousal Sponsorship

MarkJ

Dec 2, 2020
Hello Everyone, I was hoping I could get some insight/help on the application process.

I'm a Canadian Citizen sponsoring living abroad my Panamanian girlfriend (Family Class Common-Law)
Sent Application to the Sydney office from Panama via courier which was received October 5th 2020. (Including fees)

Since then we have received zero notifications that our application was received or in process from the immigration office. Not even a temporary file number.
We are unable to link our application to our online accounts.
We've reached out to immigration many many times, but just receive the generic answer.

So we are lost and concerned that maybe something is wrong with our application, it's been lost, etc...

Is this the normal process? Do we just sit and wait now? Anyone else in the same boat? Any options for us to find out more info?
Anything to give us some piece of mind at least would be super super helpful.

Thank you in advance.

MarkJ

Dec 2, 2020
Many other couples have been waiting just as long if not longer to hear anything on their applications
Thanks for the response. That's great to know that this is just part of the process.
Definitely gives us some comfort and piece of mind.

AmyL

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
You are wrong, AOR DOES NOT mean you have SA.
That is not what was said! He or she said that if you have SA, you can consider it as AOR1. That's a big difference. If a sponsor was approved then obviously they've looked at the file for completeness and just didn't send the ARO1. It doesn't make sense for them to aprove the sponsor and then decide to look for completeness. Now, in the other direction if you got ARO1 that does not mean you got SA. But they were talking about getting the SA first.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
That is not what was said! He or she said that if you have SA, you can consider it as AOR1. That's a big difference. If a sponsor was approved then obviously they've looked at the file for completeness and just didn't send the ARO1. It doesn't make sense for them to aprove the sponsor and then decide to look for completeness. Now, in the other direction if you got ARO1 that does not mean you got SA. But they were talking about getting the SA first.
I am sorry, you are correct. I didn't see part of the origional post.

Reactions: his*marty

Kennykentipsy101

Feb 15, 2020
Anyone from October 28 received AOR yet??
My spouses application was received October 28 2020 still no reply I have called IRCC sevral times I was only provided with a temporary file number and was told my application is still in process.

I'm nervouss hoping my doc will not be returned as incomplete after this long time of waiting

elibyli1921

Feb 23, 2021
Anyone from October 28 received AOR yet??
My spouses application was received October 28 2020 still no reply I have called IRCC sevral times I was only provided with a temporary file number and was told my application is still in process.

I'm nervouss hoping my doc will not be returned as incomplete after this long time of waiting
I am October 16 and still nothing

Amalthea

May 27, 2014
Vancity
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
18-06-2015
Hello Everyone, I was hoping I could get some insight/help on the application process.

I'm a Canadian Citizen sponsoring living abroad my Panamanian girlfriend (Family Class Common-Law)
Sent Application to the Sydney office from Panama via courier which was received October 5th 2020. (Including fees)

Since then we have received zero notifications that our application was received or in process from the immigration office. Not even a temporary file number.
We are unable to link our application to our online accounts.
We've reached out to immigration many many times, but just receive the generic answer.

So we are lost and concerned that maybe something is wrong with our application, it's been lost, etc...

Is this the normal process? Do we just sit and wait now? Anyone else in the same boat? Any options for us to find out more info?
Anything to give us some piece of mind at least would be super super helpful.

Thank you in advance.
It sounds like the radio silence is still normal, unfortunately, it certainly was in previous years. If you want you can apply for your GCMS case notes, which in my case showed where the application was and that my medical and criminal had been approved (back then medicals were done ahead of time). It was better than nothing. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-to-order-gcms-notes-step-by-step-process.513893/

A woman in my cohort actually used her previous GCMS notes to prove that CIC had lost part of her application, but had to go to the media to get it rectified - https://www.thespec.com/news/canada/2015/06/24/proof-of-love-for-immigration-canada-532-page-report-isn-t-enough.html

Reactions: trancemist

trancemist

Aug 25, 2020
Category........
FAM

Hang in there. You don't get any acknowledgement until they enter your data and send you an AOR1, which for most of us here meant complete silence until this month, even while some December applications got AOR1s.

Your best tool for updates is the Google Tracking Spreadsheet. See who's getting AOR1s vs. when their application was received. Make sure to also look at the September, November and December tabs to get an idea of what's happening. I only got my first notification that they actually had our application last week.

Reactions: his*marty