+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCTOBER 2020 OUTLAND Spousal Sponsorship

trancemist

Aug 25, 2020
Category........
FAM
Finally received a confirmation today, but it was a request for biometrics and not AOR1 (as I understand it), but that's fine... 149 days since they received the application (it's entered in the spreadsheet)

As I understand it AOR1 is sent to the Sponsor and the request for biometrics are sent to the Primary Applicant.
The email was sent to my email address (Sponsor) but the PDF letter was addressed to my wife (Primary Applicant).

This matters because it took me some time to sort out the difference in these details when linking the application to my GCKey. It wasn't until I read, and re-read these instructions on linking your application to your GCKey that I figured that out and managed to get them linked, after 4 attempts.

According to those instructions the Spouse and Primary Applicant have unique UCIs but share the same Application Number.

If you're having difficulty getting them linked I suggest that you carefully read, and re-read those instructions.

CORRECTION: The biometrics request email was actually sent to my wife (I incorrectly thought that it was sent to me)

UPDATE on 18 March (am): This morning I received the Sponsor approval letter, but never received an AOR1. Apparently this happens sometimes.

UPDATE on 18 March (pm): So I received the actual AOR1 email this afternoon, which says:
This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2020/10/19 on behalf of the following member(s): [ ... ]
(they do seem to arrive out of order sometimes)

Last edited:
Reactions: valvlad

frange

May 25, 2018
Finally received a confirmation today, but it was a request for biometrics and not AOR1 (as I understand it), but that's fine... 149 days since they received the application (it's entered in the spreadsheet)

As I understand it AOR1 is sent to the Sponsor and the request for biometrics are sent to the Primary Applicant.
The email was sent to my email address (Sponsor) but the PDF letter was addressed to my wife (Primary Applicant).

This matters because it took me some time to sort out the difference in these details when linking the application to my GCKey. It wasn't until I read, and re-read these instructions on linking your application to your GCKey that I figured that out and managed to get them linked, after 4 attempts.

According to those instructions the Spouse and Primary Applicant have unique UCIs but share the same Application Number.

If you're having difficulty getting them linked I suggest that you carefully read, and re-read those instructions.
Did you receive a file number and the IUC?

There is a lot of movement for October applicants.

Sandy2020

Star Member
Jun 14, 2020
How the agent knew the exact time of getting aor? :eek:

There is a lot of movement for October applicants.
Congrats !!!

trancemist

Aug 25, 2020
Category........
FAM
The biometrics request letter contained the Application Number and the PA's UCI.

The sponsor approval letter contained the Sponsor's UCI.

I haven't received an AOR1 letter (only a sponsor approval letter).

There was nothing called a "file number" but I presume that you actually mean the Application Number.

Interestingly, now that I've liked the account on-line the status says as follows:

• We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
And yet she received a biometrics request letter.
Of course she's going to provide the biometrics, I just presume the on-line status hasn't updated...

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Interestingly, now that I've liked the account on-line the status says as follows:

We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Of course she's going to provide the biometrics, I just presume the on-line status hasn't updated...
That biometrics line about whether needed or not is notoriously wrong most of the time. Nothing to worry about, they request if needed.

Reactions: trancemist

sgp1986

Star Member
Jan 2, 2020
I received an email this morning requesting payment for biometrics, but not actually to go get my biometrics. I thought we had paid when we paid for the application fees but the receipt we had was just for the fees

trancemist

Aug 25, 2020
Category........
FAM
I received an email this morning requesting payment for biometrics, but not actually to go get my biometrics. I thought we had paid when we paid for the application fees but the receipt we had was just for the fees
Do you have a copy of your receipt of payment of fees?
You could work out from that, and the list of fees if you paid the correct amount.

One possibility is that more than one person needs to give biometrics and you only paid the fee for 1 person.

sgp1986

Star Member
Jan 2, 2020
Yes, I looked. it was only the $1,050 for the fees. Not sure how we missed adding the biometrics. But hey, at least I know they're looking at my application lol

Reactions: esam99

amrit2022

Mar 18, 2021
The biometrics request letter contained the Application Number and the PA's UCI.

The sponsor approval letter contained the Sponsor's UCI.

I haven't received an AOR1 letter (only a sponsor approval letter).

There was nothing called a "file number" but I presume that you actually mean the Application Number.

If you have Application number in that (starting with F), moreover you got sponsor approval so it is considered AOR1.
Congragulations

Reactions: trancemist

frange

May 25, 2018
If you have Application number in that (starting with F), moreover you got sponsor approval so it is considered AOR1.
Congragulations
Do you really think so? I thought that the file is complete and can move to further processing; but not sponsor approval.

Reactions: armoured

trancemist

Aug 25, 2020
Category........
FAM
Do you really think so? I thought that the file is complete and can move to further processing; but not sponsor approval.
If you read the steps outlined in The Outland Sponsorship Process it is quite clear that I have not received an AOR1 message. There is an example of one cited in that explanation. However, I have also read elsewhere (cannot recall where now) that not everyone will get all notifications, and sometimes they can arrive in different order.

Anyway, it does not really matter since the they're sending me notifications it is clear that they are working on the application, which is basically all that the AOR1 would have told me.

Reactions: armoured

frange

May 25, 2018
If you read the steps outlined in The Outland Sponsorship Process it is quite clear that I have not received an AOR1 message. There is an example of one cited in that explanation. However, I have also read elsewhere (cannot recall where now) that not everyone will get all notifications, and sometimes they can arrive in different order.

Anyway, it does not really matter since the they're sending me notifications it is clear that they are working on the application, which is basically all that the AOR1 would have told me.
Got you, thanks for reply.

trancemist

Aug 25, 2020
Category........
FAM
Got you, thanks for reply.
UPDATE: So I received the actual AOR1 email this afternoon, which says:
This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2020/10/19 on behalf of the following member(s): [ ... ]
So indeed they do seem to arrive out of order sometimes.

Reactions: khalimanda