+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCTOBER 2020 OUTLAND Spousal Sponsorship

codase42

Sep 27, 2020
Same here, I finally just submitted my application yesterday too! Did not see any Nov Outland group. Look forward to journeying with you guys.

Good luck!
For those in the November group, if there hasn't been a forum thread created already, feel free to go ahead and start one. Not that we don't want you here, but probably best to be in your own group with your cohort.

Good luck to you all (but not before us October applicants get their first!) :)

Reactions: jkjy

jkjy

Star Member
May 12, 2020
For those in the November group, if there hasn't been a forum thread created already, feel free to go ahead and start one. Not that we don't want you here, but probably best to be in your own group with your cohort.

Good luck to you all (but not before us October applicants get their first!) :)
Just created one. All the best to you guys too!

Randski

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
Montreal
Hi everyone,

October applicant here as well, Outland - UK. Application was received in Sydney on October 21st.

I'm pretty sure however that our application is going to be returned because we forgot to include the country under "present address" on IMM5406. :( It was a stupid mistake on our end, but the annoying part is that we paid a lawyer to review it before submitting and he didn't mention anything about the missing country.

I have seen many posts about people getting their applications returned due to this same mistake though, which is why I'm convinced ours will be returned as well. Such a waste of time, they really need to allow people to correct a mistake as trivial as this via a new form you can submit through the webform rather than have people wait for months on end only to get this application returned.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Such a waste of time, they really need to allow people to correct a mistake as trivial as this via a new form you can submit through the webform rather than have people wait for months on end only to get this application returned.
You are allowed to correct this type of mistake via webform - or at least it's certainly not forbidden and sometimes it seems to work.

There's no guarantee it will work but it's worth a try.

Randski

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
Montreal
You are allowed to correct this type of mistake via webform - or at least it's certainly not forbidden and sometimes it seems to work.

There's no guarantee it will work but it's worth a try.
Thanks armoured, I might give it a try, but what I meant is that they have been returning a large volume of applications due to mistakes on this form from what I've seen on here and in FB groups, and I wish that they would ask applicants to correct/resubmit instead of just sending it all back.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks armoured, I might give it a try, but what I meant is that they have been returning a large volume of applications due to mistakes on this form from what I've seen on here and in FB groups, and I wish that they would ask applicants to correct/resubmit instead of just sending it all back.
I agree - but my wishes won't help you much. Do what you can and try to correct and hope it works.

And fire your lawyer (or similar punitive/reimbursement). You pay your lawyer to help you avoid obvious mistakes.

Randski

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
Montreal
I agree - but my wishes won't help you much. Do what you can and try to correct and hope it works.

And fire your lawyer (or similar punitive/reimbursement). You pay your lawyer to help you avoid obvious mistakes.
Yeah I will definitely have words with him. We didn't hire him for the entire process, we just paid for a "final review" service where he looked over the application after we've filled everything out to make sure nothing was missing or wrong. So, good job on that front.

Reactions: armoured

trancemist

Aug 25, 2020
Category........
FAM
anyone on here receive AOR?
Follow the tracking spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LxDFjvZn-XR9uZpGbPTORYKQf0BMquSXNw0RvmqvZNU/edit?usp=sharing

None have been reported yet. Latest AOR1s are being reported for August submissions.

On another note, I saw that several people in August, July and June have entered Biometrics Requested dates as one day before their AOR1.
Does this actually happen or are these simply mistakes? (there are a few of them, predominantly from India)

Shantanu2790

Nov 16, 2020
I submitted my wife’s paper in October to Sydney and I’m PR holder. I have questions can i as a sponsor able to leave the country(Canada). If yes then for how long? Please help me. Thank you

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Follow the tracking spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LxDFjvZn-XR9uZpGbPTORYKQf0BMquSXNw0RvmqvZNU/edit?usp=sharing

None have been reported yet. Latest AOR1s are being reported for August submissions.

On another note, I saw that several people in August, July and June have entered Biometrics Requested dates as one day before their AOR1.
Does this actually happen or are these simply mistakes? (there are a few of them, predominantly from India)
Pre-covid never seen it but now seems to be happening a lot.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I submitted my wife’s paper in October to Sydney and I’m PR holder. I have questions can i as a sponsor able to leave the country(Canada). If yes then for how long? Please help me. Thank you
Yes you can. 3-4 weeks maximum seems to be the consensus otherwise they might consider you not living in Canada.

gorukh

May 30, 2017
Hi
Did anyone applied for TRV for Spouse after submitting the file , I am thinking of applying but ,haven't received AOR
File sent in Oct.
Any thoughts ?

kanislupos

Star Member
Jan 22, 2017
Singapore
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
Hi
Did anyone applied for TRV for Spouse after submitting the file , I am thinking of applying but ,haven't received AOR
File sent in Oct.
Any thoughts ?
I applied, I sent the payment receipt and tracking proof to show that I've sent my application but no AOR yet.

Reactions: gorukh