+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCTOBER 2020 OUTLAND Spousal Sponsorship

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
App received 8 oct.
I had a question, I did not attach all stamped pages of passport. Although I did attach, front and last, the page with my study visa and adjacent page with my first canadian entry and first trip from canada which was on the same page. Basically it leaves 2 to 3 more pages, which are stamped by other county vissa arrival and departures.
I dont want to wait for 6 months and get it back. I am thinking of sending updated pages of above things with webform but when should i call to get the temp file num. ? It was received just few weeks ago.
Did the requirements say you must attach all pages? I believe it only says those with Canadian entry stamps. Check again. If it doesn't require it, you do not need to send all pages. May be different country-specific requirements.

Picxie

Star Member
May 8, 2017
Did the requirements say you must attach all pages? I believe it only says those with Canadian entry stamps. Check again. If it doesn't require it, you do not need to send all pages. May be different country-specific requirements.
Yeah it didnt say all pages. But I saw that people here applied with all pages and for other type of visas also includes all pages. That is why I got confused. Thanks for the reply.

Also, do you know anything about my second point? I attached the birth certificate but wrote NA on the country requirements on the doc checklist page. Should I send the page again with birth certificate written on it?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Also, do you know anything about my second point? I attached the birth certificate but wrote NA on the country requirements on the doc checklist page. Should I send the page again with birth certificate written on it?
That's anyone's guess. I wasn't sure I understood your issue, but if I have, perhaps okay. More probable hopefully is that they'll realise it was a typo. Only thing you can do is to write and say it was attached and the NA was a mistake. Send a copy of the birth certificate and revised checklist that says attached.

Pashy24

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
Dear senior members,

Urgent query!!

Hi, I sent my husband's Spousal Outland application on Oct 14, 2020 and it was received by Nova Scotia office on Oct 19, 2020. I read someone's post today and I have realized now that I have sent the older version for forms IMM5406 (2018-09) and IMM5476 (2019-08). The latest version of these forms is of 2020-08 which I did not use because when I downloaded the forms on Sept 13, the 2020-08 version was not available on the website and I'm sure they updated these forms after Sept 13. I filled some information and sent all forms to my husband in Dubai via email for him to print & sign and courier them back to me. My husband signed the forms on Sept 24 and sent them on Sept 27. Due to covid and less activity of flights, the courier took longer than expected to arrive in Canada and I received it around Oct 3. I (Sponsor) signed the forms and put everything together and sent the package via courier to the Sydney, Nova Scotia office on Oct 14. I have the following questions:

1. Will they return our application because of this?

2. The forms were not updated until Sept 13 when I downloaded, but now the latest ones I see have the date 2020-08 on them, is this possible, I'm very sure I had double-checked?

3. I have Principal Applicant's UCI number, do you think it will be wise to send the 2020-08 versions via web-form?

4. Is there any chance of our application falling under the grace period?

Your guidance is highly appreciated.

Reactions: kanislupos

kanislupos

Star Member
Jan 22, 2017
Singapore
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
Dear senior members,

Urgent query!!

Hi, I sent my husband's Spousal Outland application on Oct 14, 2020 and it was received by Nova Scotia office on Oct 19, 2020. I read someone's post today and I have realized now that I have sent the older version for forms IMM5406 (2018-09) and IMM5476 (2019-08). The latest version of these forms is of 2020-08 which I did not use because when I downloaded the forms on Sept 13, the 2020-08 version was not available on the website and I'm sure they updated these forms after Sept 13. I filled some information and sent all forms to my husband in Dubai via email for him to print & sign and courier them back to me. My husband signed the forms on Sept 24 and sent them on Sept 27. Due to covid and less activity of flights, the courier took longer than expected to arrive in Canada and I received it around Oct 3. I (Sponsor) signed the forms and put everything together and sent the package via courier to the Sydney, Nova Scotia office on Oct 14. I have the following questions:

2. The forms were not updated until Sept 13 when I downloaded, but now the latest ones I see have the date 2020-08 on them, is this possible, I'm very sure I had double-checked?

3. I have Principal Applicant's UCI number, do you think it will be wise to send the 2020-08 versions via web-form?

I wanna find out too - I think we might have done the same thing for IMM5406...

Abhinandhan7

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Dear senior members,

Urgent query!!

I am not understanding. The form IMM5406 looks the same comparing the current version and previous version before September. Could you tell me what exactly is the difference?

Abhinandhan7

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Dear senior members,

Urgent query!!

I am also in the same boat as you. I just checked my submitted forms and it looks like I had used 2018-09 version for IMM5406. Are you planning to send this using web form?

Abhinandhan7

Star Member
May 14, 2018
I sent in a webform query to ask - will update everyone when i get a reply.
Thank you! I tried to send a webform as well. But it is asking for either application number of UCI of principal applicant. My wife doesn't have a UCI yet. Any ways to do webforms without these two?

kanislupos

Star Member
Jan 22, 2017
Singapore
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
Thank you! I tried to send a webform as well. But it is asking for either application number of UCI of principal applicant. My wife doesn't have a UCI yet. Any ways to do webforms without these two?
I had a visitor visa before. I just assumed a string of 10 numbers on it to be the UCI since nothing is clear lol. I got desperate. Hopefully we hear something.

Pashy24

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
I don't think it is possible for them to be able to link the forms to your application if there isn't one of the two UCI or application number.