+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCTOBER 2020 OUTLAND Spousal Sponsorship

Pashy24

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
@Abhinandhan7 @kanislupos I did see many in the same boat on other groups as well who missed this. Mostly those who sent applications after September 15. Hoping our applications do not get returned. If you have any updates please do post, and I will too.

Reactions: Abhinandhan7

Pashy24

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
I had a visitor visa before. I just assumed a string of 10 numbers on it to be the UCI since nothing is clear lol. I got desperate. Hopefully we hear something.
That should be your UCI, you are correct! I have UCI for my husband as well, but let's wait for a reply to your webform. Fingers crossed

trancemist

Aug 25, 2020
Category........
FAM
Dear senior members,

Urgent query!!

Hi, I sent my husband's Spousal Outland application on Oct 14, 2020 and it was received by Nova Scotia office on Oct 19, 2020. I read someone's post today and I have realized now that I have sent the older version for forms IMM5406 (2018-09) and IMM5476 (2019-08). The latest version of these forms is of 2020-08 which I did not use because when I downloaded the forms on Sept 13, the 2020-08 version was not available on the website and I'm sure they updated these forms after Sept 13. I filled some information and sent all forms to my husband in Dubai via email for him to print & sign and courier them back to me. My husband signed the forms on Sept 24 and sent them on Sept 27. Due to covid and less activity of flights, the courier took longer than expected to arrive in Canada and I received it around Oct 3. I (Sponsor) signed the forms and put everything together and sent the package via courier to the Sydney, Nova Scotia office on Oct 14. I have the following questions:

1. Will they return our application because of this?

2. The forms were not updated until Sept 13 when I downloaded, but now the latest ones I see have the date 2020-08 on them, is this possible, I'm very sure I had double-checked?

3. I have Principal Applicant's UCI number, do you think it will be wise to send the 2020-08 versions via web-form?

4. Is there any chance of our application falling under the grace period?

Your guidance is highly appreciated.
Having seen your post I have checked and see that I too have used the 2018-09 version.
However, I do not think this is a problem for the following reasons:
  • There is no functional difference between these versions (there is some minor difference in the language at the bottom, and perhaps some of the form checking logic has changed, but the information that they are asking for is identical)
  • These versions seem to change once a year and it must be quite common to have a difference of several months between the time someone begins to prepare one and when it is actually received by and processed by IRCC
  • Canada is rather pragmatic about such things (unless you happen to hit the odd stickler)
  • You are more likely to cause confusion by trying to submit additional material at this stage, especially for such a minor form revision
Please note again that what is being asked for on this form is identical between versions. There is no material difference between them.

Pashy24

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
Having seen your post I have checked and see that I too have used the 2018-09 version.
However, I do not think this is a problem for the following reasons:
  • There is no functional difference between these versions (there is some minor difference in the language at the bottom, and perhaps some of the form checking logic has changed, but the information that they are asking for is identical)
  • These versions seem to change once a year and it must be quite common to have a difference of several months between the time someone begins to prepare one and when it is actually received by and processed by IRCC
  • Canada is rather pragmatic about such things (unless you happen to hit the odd stickler)
  • You are more likely to cause confusion by trying to submit additional material at this stage, especially for such a minor form revision
Please note again that what is being asked for on this form is identical between versions. There is no material difference between them.
I agree and I too compared both versions but didn't find any additional information being requested in the newest version. Hoping for the best! When was your app received?

kanislupos

Star Member
Jan 22, 2017
Singapore
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
Someone spoke to their lawyer, apparently should be ok within a 3 month period.

"Just spoke to my lawyer, he said it should be ok. There is a sort of 3 month "grace period"... Generally. But I guess it still depends on how harsh the person is."

Comment from senior admin in a FB group :

"There is no official grace period but officers sometimes exercise their discretion if the application was mailed around the same time as the form was updated.
Personally, I don't think they will take a look at new forms submitted through webform when determining whether an application is complete. You can always try but understand that it may not work."

Reactions: Pashy24

trancemist

Aug 25, 2020
Category........
FAM
The tracking spreadsheet now seems to show a few applications received in August as receiving AOR1 this week.
When I started looking here 2-3 weeks ago it seemed like the earliest AORs were in March.
This seems like a significant increase in response to AOR1 times.
Am I interpreting this data correctly, has processing really picked up recently?

If so this would mean that the recent announcement is already having an effect:
IRCC speeding up processing for spousal applications

Reactions: Nykendukwe

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
The tracking spreadsheet now seems to show a few applications received in August as receiving AOR1 this week.
When I started looking here 2-3 weeks ago it seemed like the earliest AORs were in March.
Am I interpreting this data correctly, has processing really picked up recently?

In the different threads here for different months there has been a lot of DM and PPR's in the last couple weeks, so it is possible.

codase42

Sep 27, 2020

I agree and am hopeful this means we in the Outland queue will start to see increased approvals as a result. It is very exciting to see the rapid increase in AORs.

constance23

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
Hi!:)

They have received our outland spousal application October 22, 2020.

I noticed a few mistakes on my Additional Family Form such as not putting the zip code for my Dad's address - he lives in the US but we are not really in good terms and forgetting to put the word "brother". I read here that I can use the webform to correct those mistakes and send a new signed form.

I have my UCI number but I'm wondering if it's too late and if they have already sent it back? I'm on my 3rd week of waiting.

Mega anxious but trying to calm myself down. Lol

Thank you and have a great day!

-Martina

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi!:)

They have received our outland spousal application October 22, 2020.

I noticed a few mistakes on my Additional Family Form such as not putting the zip code for my Dad's address - he lives in the US but we are not really in good terms and forgetting to put the word "brother". I read here that I can use the webform to correct those mistakes and send a new signed form.

I have my UCI number but I'm wondering if it's too late and if they have already sent it back? I'm on my 3rd week of waiting.

Mega anxious but trying to calm myself down. Lol

Thank you and have a great day!

-Martina
I doubt that they have looked at your file yet since it has only been 3 weeks, will probably be a couple more months. Using your UCI number try the web form with the corrected information, hopefully they will see it when they start to review your file.

Reactions: DiiDii

constance23

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
I doubt that they have looked at your file yet since it has only been 3 weeks, will probably be a couple more months. Using your UCI number try the web form with the corrected information, hopefully they will see it when they start to review your file.
Thank you so much for your help and response. I submitted the updated form with details and I also made sure that it's the latest form.
Hopefully they can see it when they open my file and I'm praying that the person who opens the updated file will give some consideration.
I'm really nervous that it'll sit there for a long time and will end up being returned in the end anyway. :(

Austnadian

Feb 18, 2020
Hi all!

Sent through our application from Australia to Sydney (Nova Scotia of course) and it was received on the 6th of November according to our tracking information.

I have a few questions regarding terminology of the initial receiving process:

Are people referring to their application being received as their package being delivered?

OR

Are people referring to their application being received once the AOR1 is sent to the applicants?

Cheers and good luck to all other applicants!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi all!

Sent through our application from Australia to Sydney (Nova Scotia of course) and it was received on the 6th of November according to our tracking information.

I have a few questions regarding terminology of the initial receiving process:

Are people referring to their application being received as their package being delivered?

OR

Are people referring to their application being received once the AOR1 is sent to the applicants?

Cheers and good luck to all other applicants!
Mostly 'received' as delivered to IRCC in Sydney (NS), and AOR1 as separate step. These are the steps in the tracker spreadsheets.

deepak vemula

Oct 17, 2020
I have finally submitted my spousal application yesterday which is the month of November. So do we have a November month spread sheet yet to include and track the status?

Any November applicants by chance

jkjy

Star Member
May 12, 2020
I have finally submitted my spousal application yesterday which is the month of November. So do we have a November month spread sheet yet to include and track the status?

Any November applicants by chance
Same here, I finally just submitted my application yesterday too! Did not see any Nov Outland group. Look forward to journeying with you guys.

Good luck!