+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
The call center isn't going to say "Nothing has started on your application. Good luck". They're obviously going to tell you something on the lines of "We've everything we need and your application is being processed".

Having said that, the Residence, Language and Physical Presence will all say "Not started" until you are close to getting a "Decision Made" on your application. Knowledge will be set to "Completed" once your test results are validated.

I completed my test on June 28th, it was validated on June 29th. In my most recent notes (extracted on 14th July 2021), I had everything set to "Not Started" except "Knowledge" and Background checks. So, this is normal and this is how the status will show up on the GCMS notes.

I received DM on August 3rd. Once I receive the next set of notes, I'll post on the September 2020 thread as to when my Residence, Language and Physical Presence were set to "In Progress" on my GCMS file to give you an idea.

Below are the posts where I posted the breakdown of my first two sets of notes. Take a look and compare my notes with your notes.

Notes before test invite => https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/september-2020-citizenship-applicants.700718/post-9437895

Notes after test completion => https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/posts/9561211/

Also, about "move to another visa office" - there is no guarantee that this will speed up the application.

I hope you see some progress soon.

Wish you all the very best.
I fiind this really interesting - do I interpret correctly from your first notes that your file was transferred in March to Misissagua and a few days later was processed as test ready? Only that my file moved to Ottawa in May this year and (as you know!) nothing since.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I fiind this really interesting - do I interpret correctly from your first notes that your file was transferred in March to Misissagua and a few days later was processed as test ready? Only that my file moved to Ottawa in May this year and (as you know!) nothing since.
Yes, that's right. My file moved to Mississauga office around 19th March 2021 and it was set to "Test ready" on 23rd March, 2021. It spent a grand total of 5 days in the registry.

Shubhisha

Oct 12, 2015
I gave my test back in July first week, but my wife still waiting to get a test invite.

Yesterday, she got a call from ircc and they advise they cannot send her test invite as e-mail is bouncing back. She confirmed her address and also checked her email account and she is receiving all regular emails. However on safe side, provided them with a new email address.
Looks like dashboard's last update date changed to Aug 11 based on above, however she still don't see test scheduled or any email for test dates. Anyone with similar experience?

expressimmigrant

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
From Toronto and still haven't received the Test invite and the paper application was received by Sydney office in Oct 2020 and In-Progress Mar 2021