+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

UniqueCase

Jul 10, 2018
Hello,
I am trying to connect to IRCC agent for an update on my application since morning 8.10am EST. Everytime the system says that all agents are busy. Does anyone know which options will work to connect to an agent?

Also, my background check completed on March 31st - Toronto applicant. I have not received test invitation yet. Any applicants in similar situation?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello,
I am trying to connect to IRCC agent for an update on my application since morning 8.10am EST. Everytime the system says that all agents are busy. Does anyone know which options will work to connect to an agent?

Also, my background check completed on March 31st - Toronto applicant. I have not received test invitation yet. Any applicants in similar situation?
I've updated the spreadsheet. Keep trying. Your best bet would be to call around 8 AM local time to get an agent.

Reactions: UniqueCase

varlam

Dec 6, 2020
Its a very simple process.

Apply here. You'll be choosing "Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada" and "Case Files" options. In the text box, simply write "Please provide GCMS notes for application number CXXXXXXX" (provide your actual application number). Apply under the Privacy Act if you are applying for yourself so you don't have to pay $5 (There is a $5 fee if you apply under the Access to Information Act).
i have received my notes, after 47 days :) and it says nothing started, except whatever is in my signature.
does it really mean not started, or it is in progress? I am asking because every time i called the call center, they were saying all is good in progress, and i will receive the oath invite very soon, and it has been already three months, no changes in status at all.
shall i consider to move to another visa office? it seems Hamilton office is in deep sleep, so far saw only one or two updates from other forum members from hamilton... what will be the best course to wake them up?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
i have received my notes, after 47 days :) and it says nothing started, except whatever is in my signature.
does it really mean not started, or it is in progress? I am asking because every time i called the call center, they were saying all is good in progress, and i will receive the oath invite very soon, and it has been already three months, no changes in status at all.
shall i consider to move to another visa office? it seems Hamilton office is in deep sleep, so far saw only one or two updates from other forum members from hamilton... what will be the best course to wake them up?
The call center isn't going to say "Nothing has started on your application. Good luck". They're obviously going to tell you something on the lines of "We've everything we need and your application is being processed".

Having said that, the Residence, Language and Physical Presence will all say "Not started" until you are close to getting a "Decision Made" on your application. Knowledge will be set to "Completed" once your test results are validated.

I completed my test on June 28th, it was validated on June 29th. In my most recent notes (extracted on 14th July 2021), I had everything set to "Not Started" except "Knowledge" and Background checks. So, this is normal and this is how the status will show up on the GCMS notes.

I received DM on August 3rd. Once I receive the next set of notes, I'll post on the September 2020 thread as to when my Residence, Language and Physical Presence were set to "In Progress" on my GCMS file to give you an idea.

Below are the posts where I posted the breakdown of my first two sets of notes. Take a look and compare my notes with your notes.

Notes before test invite => https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/september-2020-citizenship-applicants.700718/post-9437895

Notes after test completion => https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/posts/9561211/

Also, about "move to another visa office" - there is no guarantee that this will speed up the application.

I hope you see some progress soon.

Wish you all the very best.

Reactions: varlam

varlam

Dec 6, 2020
The call center isn't going to say "Nothing has started on your application. Good luck". They're obviously going to tell you something on the lines of "We've everything we need and your application is being processed".

Having said that, the Residence, Language and Physical Presence will all say "Not started" until you are close to getting a "Decision Made" on your application. Knowledge will be set to "Completed" once your test results are validated.

I completed my test on June 28th, it was validated on June 29th. In my most recent notes (extracted on 14th July 2021), I had everything set to "Not Started" except "Knowledge" and Background checks. So, this is normal and this is how the status will show up on the GCMS notes.

I received DM on August 3rd. Once I receive the next set of notes, I'll post on the September 2020 thread as to when my Residence, Language and Physical Presence were set to "In Progress" on my GCMS file to give you an idea.

Below are the posts where I posted the breakdown of my first two sets of notes. Take a look and compare my notes with your notes.

Notes before test invite => https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/september-2020-citizenship-applicants.700718/post-9437895

Notes after test completion => https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/posts/9561211/

Also, about "move to another visa office" - there is no guarantee that this will speed up the application.

I hope you see some progress soon.

Wish you all the very best.
got it, thanks, my file even mentions that there is urgent processing request, at the very end of the file, however, i dont feel any urgency, since already 3 months passed from the tests and no movements :(

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
got it, thanks, my file even mentions that there is urgent processing request, at the very end of the file, however, i dont feel any urgency, since already 3 months passed from the tests and no movements :(
Is your background check complete? not sure if thats delaying them to proceed further.
Also not sure if urgent request needs to be approved before they proceed further. Is there any notes on approval for urgent request?

varlam

Dec 6, 2020
Is your background check complete? not sure if thats delaying them to proceed further.
Also not sure if urgent request needs to be approved before they proceed further. Is there any notes on approval for urgent request?
i have the two things complete, believe one is the background (the first thing they do) and second is the test. the rest 4 things(sorry cannot check the exact names now) are marked as "in process" or "in progress". any time i called call center(i called really MANY times, all of them are mentioned in the ATIP) they said yes, it is accepted and you should get the oath invite soon, just wait, and i am waiting till now, lol

• Wow
Reactions: harirajmohan

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
my only fear is that Hamilton office is sleeping. like, if i just can know if they really work on it or not, i am fine, but you never know, also soon will be 90 days from my test and as per https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=363&top=5 i should get some update within 3 months.
That statement is issued by CIC, its not a law. So "following that timeline or not" is totally depending on them and changes every time.
They dont even follow standard timeline anymore after pandemic started hence timelines between stages are not applicable

Reactions: Orlaith

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
Hello,

May 2020 - no test invite

• Sad
Reactions: UniqueCase

varlam

Dec 6, 2020
That statement is issued by CIC, its not a law. So "following that timeline or not" is totally depending on them and changes every time.
They dont even follow standard timeline anymore after pandemic started hence timelines between stages are not applicable
i have feeling they have no policies or whatsoever, no control, nothing, they do whatever they want to do, total chaos

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
Did you talk with anyone from call centre agent? Did you apply for GCMS notes?
I wrote to my MP and they wrote to immigration - the response was quick but generic. Said my application had been transferred to Ottawa in May 21. Thats all I know. I am not sure GCMS notes are going to make any difference - do you think they might?