Interview........
none so far...
Passport Req..
03-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 6th
LANDED..........
Will land 06 june
My application was delivered to CIC on the 19th of October, if you want to update the stats. Now the time of waiting begins!

Reactions: flyingpbandj

Wumex4ril

Oct 23, 2020
Hello. I lost my landing documents COPR. Does anyone know if I would need it during the Citizenship application process or would my PR card suffice? Otherwise I can request for a replacement document. Please let me know.

Thank you

flyingpbandj

Jan 31, 2018
Coquitlam, BC
Hello. I lost my landing documents COPR. Does anyone know if I would need it during the Citizenship application process or would my PR card suffice? Otherwise I can request for a replacement document. Please let me know.

Thank you
Some people get asked for their CoPR documents during their oath, some don't. I'd say you should still apply for them anyway as you might need them down the line for OAS:

https://recordoflanding.ca/faqs/need-copr-verification-status/

Reactions: BOYX

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON

Thank you
Some people get asked for their CoPR documents during their oath, some don't. I'd say you should still apply for them anyway as you might need them down the line for OAS:

https://recordoflanding.ca/faqs/need-copr-verification-status/
Yeah I agree with @flyingpbandj on this too. Here is a story to give you an idea of why you should have apply for it now: I remember distinctly when I went to apply for my health card with my CoPR, the lady at the counter told me a story about her husband and his CoPR. She told me about how her Husband struggled for a very long time with his Citizenship application since he had misplaced his CoPR. He apparently got turned away at the interview and had to wait forever to not only get the CoPR, but also wait for the interview to be rescheduled. She said it was a massive headache and suggested I keep it safe up until I get my citizenship; surprisingly, a lot of people just forget about it and misplace it.

So you bet I kept my CoPR in a fireproof safe since that day lol. With that said, regarding your question, I do highly recommend you apply for it now. It is likely you may get it before it is required, especially given the current testing halt so you can count your blessings there.

EDIT: By the way, you should apply for the Citizenship before getting the CoPR replacement. There is no requirement that you must have your CoPR on you when applying for the Citizenship nor is it one of the documents you are required to submit. I want to make that clear since I am getting the feeling that you may think you need the CoPR to apply for a Citizenship, which to reiterate is NOT the case.

PS2802

Nov 2, 2020
Location (city): Toronto
App type (single or # of people): Family (2)
Physical presence days: 1262
App sent date: 10/22/2020
App delivered date: 10/26/2020

Reactions: BOYX

GG_wife

Feb 9, 2015
Yeah I agree with @flyingpbandj on this too. Here is a story to give you an idea of why you should have apply for it now: I remember distinctly when I went to apply for my health card with my CoPR, the lady at the counter told me a story about her husband and his CoPR. She told me about how her Husband struggled for a very long time with his Citizenship application since he had misplaced his CoPR. He apparently got turned away at the interview and had to wait forever to not only get the CoPR, but also wait for the interview to be rescheduled. She said it was a massive headache and suggested I keep it safe up until I get my citizenship; surprisingly, a lot of people just forget about it and misplace it.

So you bet I kept my CoPR in a fireproof safe since that day lol. With that said, regarding your question, I do highly recommend you apply for it now. It is likely you may get it before it is required, especially given the current testing halt so you can count your blessings there.

EDIT: By the way, you should apply for the Citizenship before getting the CoPR replacement. There is no requirement that you must have your CoPR on you when applying for the Citizenship nor is it one of the documents you are required to submit. I want to make that clear since I am getting the feeling that you may think you need the CoPR to apply for a Citizenship, which to reiterate is NOT the case.

When I got my COPR originally I made 4 copies of it, good to know that it wasn't in vain lol

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
When I got my COPR originally I made 4 copies of it, good to know that it wasn't in vain lol
Yeah it's always good to have multiple physical copies and also multiple digital copies. However, in this case, I believe they would require an original. So make sure to keep that safe as well.

Reactions: GG_wife

Forst

Jan 17, 2017
Hey Guys,

I am about to apply for the citizenship and have a question about the application. My wife was in India for 170 days and travelled to Thailand for 5 days and then back to India for 96 days. The requirement is 183 days or more in a row in one country or territory.

Will she need to get a police clearance letter from India ?

Technically speaking she did not spend 183 days in a row as it was broken with a trip to another country.

Thank you.

jonIrenicus

Jul 24, 2020
Hello all,

I sent my application on Oct 20 using Canada post (xpresspost) and it still have not been delivered yet. They have no idea ab the expected delivery date. Anyone else having this problem? Do you think i should wait or call them and cancel it/reroute to me and in the mean time send another application package using a courier. Thanks!

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Hey Guys,

I am about to apply for the citizenship and have a question about the application. My wife was in India for 170 days and travelled to Thailand for 5 days and then back to India for 96 days. The requirement is 183 days or more in a row in one country or territory.

Technically speaking she did not spend 183 days in a row as it was broken with a trip to another country.

Thank you.
yes. play safe

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
Hello all,

I sent my application on Oct 20 using Canada post (xpresspost) and it still have not been delivered yet. They have no idea ab the expected delivery date. Anyone else having this problem? Do you think i should wait or call them and cancel it/reroute to me and in the mean time send another application package using a courier. Thanks!
Look through the first few pages of this thread. I believe someone went through a similar situation as you. They ended up calling Canada Post, where the agent gave them an unconvincing explanation (more details are in their post). However, it ended up resolving soon after speaking with the agent so maybe it helped.

In any case, I suggest you scan through the first few pages of this thread to message the person directly. Good luck!

Reactions: jonIrenicus

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
Hey Guys,

Thank you.
If you are able to get one soon, then I recommend doing so. If not, then attach an explanation letter, elaborating the situation.