Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
I cant agree with that because as you know PR holders don't have rights to vote and moreover by canceling the fsw applications they can boast that they only invited applicants on occupation in demand. At this point especially after seeing Qubec applications canceled I dont have much hopes.My only issue is I live in US and I have to go back to India,going bact to that nation is one of the worst things but it is what it is.
I suggest you withdraw your application before they cancel it. The pain will be less that way.

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
I suggest you withdraw your application before they cancel it. The pain will be less that way.
With due respect I think in the comment above I didn't ask for your suggestion on what to do especially when I didn't tell you what to do.It was a logical explanation on why should govt give pr to someone they don't care about especially with them Canceling applications when ever they feel like just because of elections.

vbs91

Nov 29, 2020
I don't think IRCC will cancel any applications especially after passing certain stages in our applications. They recently sent out a survey and even after that if they cancel, it's like
IRCC: "Are you really really really sad about everything being postponed due to COVID?"
Us: "Yes, we are really really really sad"
IRCC: "Okay, then your application is cancelled"
Which won't happen.
This delay is what's stressing me out. But yeah, we have waited for so long. Just a couple more months isn't that tough when compared to April to August wait.

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Hi everyone. I'm living in US but indian citizen. I'm a visa holder for US and work here. For IRCC purposes am I a us resident or will I be an Indian resident? Asking because I heard about indian ban to Canada . Aor Oct 2020, fsw-o
Direct flight ban from India are for those moving to Canada from a departure point in India.
Canada has not banned Indians to enter. If your application is approved, you are free to enter Canada via land.

Reactions: immicow

Drillinglife

Star Member
Mar 19, 2017
I don't mean to scare you, but the Canadian government has been known to cancel pending applications before.

They have done this back in 2008, and 2012

https://www.cicnews.com/2012/07/case-federal-skilled-worker-backlog-reduction-071663.html

Quebec recently cancelled all pending applications back in 2018

https://www.cicnews.com/2019/06/quebec-passes-legislation-cancelling-thousands-of-pending-skilled-worker-applications-0612413.html

When the pending application backlog exceeds their capacity to process them, they go "f**k it, let's start all over again."

@legalfalcon . Can you please share your thoughts about this? It's really scary to hear that the backlogs for PR's have reached 300k+ in July (if i'm not mistaken), which is equal to the number of applications ircc decided to terminate in 2012. Do you think this can happen again?

I am the same as you. I have everything riding on this application now, but it would be a good idea to start seeking a job again because the Canadian government does not care for us. They won't think twice about the people they have kept in limbo for the last two years. The only people who can relax are people who have "Approved" as the final decision on their application. The rest of us need to keep living our lives like we never applied.

It's not a good idea to stop everything else in your life and wait for them to come to a decision.
I don't mean to scare you, but the Canadian government has been known to cancel pending applications before.

They have done this back in 2008, and 2012

https://www.cicnews.com/2012/07/case-federal-skilled-worker-backlog-reduction-071663.html

Quebec recently cancelled all pending applications back in 2018

https://www.cicnews.com/2019/06/quebec-passes-legislation-cancelling-thousands-of-pending-skilled-worker-applications-0612413.html

When the pending application backlog exceeds their capacity to process them, they go "f**k it, let's start all over again."

I am the same as you. I have everything riding on this application now, but it would be a good idea to start seeking a job again because the Canadian government does not care for us. They won't think twice about the people they have kept in limbo for the last two years. The only people who can relax are people who have "Approved" as the final decision on their application. The rest of us need to keep living our lives like we never applied.

It's not a good idea to stop everything else in your life and wait for them to come to a decision.
@legalfalcon . Can you please share your thoughts about this? It's really scary to hear that the backlogs for PR's have reached 300k+ in July (if i'm not mistaken), which is equal to the number of applications ircc decided to eliminate in 2012. Do you think this can happen again?

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
@legalfalcon . Can you please share your thoughts about this? It's really scary to hear that the backlogs for PR's have reached 300k+ in July (if i'm not mistaken), which is equal to the number of applications ircc decided to eliminate in 2012. Do you think this can happen again?
This is why people should refrain from projecting their fears on this forum because it’s contagious.
It has been explained in great detail many times by @legalfalcon and many other posters on this forum why it’s highly unlikely any application will be canceled. Do some research and you’ll find the answer

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
This is why people should refrain from projecting their fears on this forum because it’s contagious.
It has been explained in great detail many times by @legalfalcon and many other posters on this forum why it’s highly unlikely any application will be canceled. Do some research and you’ll find the answer
Agreed. I think FSW is unlikely to return in its current form but it is quite unlikely that applications will be cancelled.

Reactions: Projectina

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Reposting my old post on this issue:

That was in 2012 due to Bill C-38, which was later known as Canada’s Jobs, Growth and Long-Term Prosperity Act. IRCC was facing a lot of issues. IRPA was amended and section 87.3 was introduced, which gave the power to the Immigration Minister to issue Ministerial Instructions (MI) to streamline the process and fix quotas.

In 2008, over 600,000 applicants were awaiting processing and the number continued. However, the Act created section 87.4 of the IPRA, a provision which had the effect of unilaterally terminating all FSW applications submitted before 27 February 2008 which had not received a decision based on selection criteria before 29 March 2012.12 This amounted to a total of approximately 280,000 applications being rejected.

After this, the express entry was brought in 2015.

However, we are currently nowhere close, and the power of the ministerial instructions is in place with the Minister, who uses it for all draws and can also exercise them to streamline the process. This is why no new FSW draw has taken place in the last few months.

Also, most pending applications have already crossed most stages and some even have a decision made. It is just a matter of borders opening and issuance of COPR.

I highly doubt that the same 2012 situation will repeat.

immicow

Jan 9, 2020
I cant agree with that because as you know PR holders don't have rights to vote and moreover by canceling the fsw applications they can boast that they only invited applicants on occupation in demand. At this point especially after seeing Qubec applications canceled I dont have much hopes.My only issue is I live in US and I have to go back to India,going bact to that nation is one of the worst things but it is what it is.
You can apply for a B2-Visitor Status, If your current visa is expiring.
You can get another 6 months of stay.
You cant work during this time and if you get a job and want to go back to your H1b status. It will take the entire processing time of H1b.
You cannot start work with a h1b receipt.
Talk to your lawyer about this.
I would say coming back to India till your application is completed processing isn't that bad. You will eventually go to Canada.
Staying in US in Visitor Visa is quite expensive.

Reactions: PRANIT01

immicow

Jan 9, 2020
This cancellation issue has been dealt with by kubeir and legalfalcon. I don't know why it keeps resurfacing.

modish.mink

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Hi everyone. I'm living in US but indian citizen. I'm a visa holder for US and work here. For IRCC purposes am I a us resident or will I be an Indian resident? Asking because I heard about indian ban to Canada . Aor Oct 2020, fsw-o
By resident it implies where you're "residing" or living. In this case you're residing in USA, (unless you're working from elsewhere) irrespective of your country of origin.
Also I'm not sure what you mean by "indian ban to Canada". At this moment only direct flights from India are banned. Nobody has banned Indians.
Hope this helps.

Projectina

Jul 5, 2021
Hi guys,
Is there anyone who applied October 2020 and is still awaiting for their application to be finalized?
CEC inland , October 13, 2020

MJ Mumbai

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
The idea of mass cancellation will be a disaster for the Canadian government. Already IRCC is facing so much of heat from the outland applicants due to the delays and and no clarity over timelines and processes. Speculations have gone beyond any limits. Hence fixing the good all image of Canada will be one of top considerations and priority.

Reactions: LayinLow