+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>OCTOBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

vbs91

Nov 29, 2020
https://www.canada.ca/en/transport-canada/news/2021/08/transport-canada-extending-restrictions-on-direct-flights-from-india-until-september-21-2021.html

The flight ban from India has been extended for one more month. It's not even close to 21st August and they have already extended it.

US now has more cases per day than India. Someone really hates India in the Canadian Government.
This has really stressed me out. I was counting hours and days to Aug 21 thinking something positive for Indian outlanders is gonna be announced soon. Now this.

Does this mean our applications won't be processed in 2021? I have literally quit doing everything, Job, Freelancing and everything hoping that the bans will be lifted and I may get my application approved in Sept 21.

This is Painful.

Reactions: immicow

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
This has really stressed me out. I was counting hours and days to Aug 21 thinking something positive for Indian outlanders is gonna be announced soon. Now this.

Does this mean our applications won't be processed in 2021? I have literally quit doing everything, Job, Freelancing and everything hoping that the bans will be lifted and I may get my application approved in Sept 21.

This is Painful.
Just my thought but the ban may have been extended so that Canada can assess opening on September 7th for all purposes and then allow direct flights from India.

Sand_canada

Star Member
Mar 18, 2021
Hi everyone. I'm living in US but indian citizen. I'm a visa holder for US and work here. For IRCC purposes am I a us resident or will I be an Indian resident? Asking because I heard about indian ban to Canada . Aor Oct 2020, fsw-o

Projectina

Jul 5, 2021
Hi everyone
I am CEC inland
Very straightforward case, single , no divorces no dependents

AOR Oct 13th 2020, passed eligibility April 2021. Médical check is passed with no need to interview nor biometrics

I asked for the help of The MP office to check on my application, they called me July 16th mentioning that IRCC updated them that my application is at final stage. Since then , silence

I called IRCC and an agent told me that my application is in queue for final review

then after a while when I called again, another agent told me security is not started yet.

my questions are as follows:
- what does a final stage mean?
- when security states “not started”, does it really change to “in process “ once started? Because it’s been 3 months since I passed eligibility and security “being not started” yet does not make any sense ?
I am awaiting for my GCMS notes requested 1 month ago.

D

Deleted member 994371

This is Painful.

I don't mean to scare you, but the Canadian government has been known to cancel pending applications before.

They have done this back in 2008, and 2012

https://www.cicnews.com/2012/07/case-federal-skilled-worker-backlog-reduction-071663.html

Quebec recently cancelled all pending applications back in 2018

https://www.cicnews.com/2019/06/quebec-passes-legislation-cancelling-thousands-of-pending-skilled-worker-applications-0612413.html

When the pending application backlog exceeds their capacity to process them, they go "f**k it, let's start all over again."

I am the same as you. I have everything riding on this application now, but it would be a good idea to start seeking a job again because the Canadian government does not care for us. They won't think twice about the people they have kept in limbo for the last two years. The only people who can relax are people who have "Approved" as the final decision on their application. The rest of us need to keep living our lives like we never applied.

It's not a good idea to stop everything else in your life and wait for them to come to a decision.

ravla

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
I don't mean to scare you, but the Canadian government has been known to cancel pending applications before.

They have done this back in 2008, and 2012

https://www.cicnews.com/2012/07/case-federal-skilled-worker-backlog-reduction-071663.html

Quebec recently cancelled all pending applications back in 2018

https://www.cicnews.com/2019/06/quebec-passes-legislation-cancelling-thousands-of-pending-skilled-worker-applications-0612413.html

When the pending application backlog exceeds their capacity to process them, they go "f**k it, let's start all over again."

I am the same as you. I have everything riding on this application now, but it would be a good idea to start seeking a job again because the Canadian government does not care for us. They won't think twice about the people they have kept in limbo for the last two years. The only people who can relax are people who have "Approved" as the final decision on their application. The rest of us need to keep living our lives like we never applied.

It's not a good idea to stop everything else in your life and wait for them to come to a decision.
backlogs are nowhere near the level of 2008 and 2012, plus the processing is much more streamline now compared to back then.

D

Deleted member 994371

backlogs are nowhere near the level of 2008 and 2012, plus the processing is much more streamline now compared to back then.

You never know. They are working on a new system where invitations will be based on occupation demand.

https://www.cicnews.com/2021/04/budget-2021-what-it-means-for-canadian-immigration-0417836.html

All these cancellations happen when there is a change in government. There are new elections coming up. If it's the same government, the people whose applications haven't been approved are probably safe. But if the government changes, anything can happen.

I know that's a thought no one wants to entertain, but I think pausing everything in your life based on this application is a blunder. Anything can happen.

Reactions: Twee

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
You never know. They are working on a new system where invitations will be based on occupation demand.

https://www.cicnews.com/2021/04/budget-2021-what-it-means-for-canadian-immigration-0417836.html

All these cancellations happen when there is a change in government. There are new elections coming up. If it's the same government, the people whose applications haven't been approved are probably safe. But if the government changes, anything can happen.

I know that's a thought no one wants to entertain, but I think pausing everything in your life based on this application is a blunder. Anything can happen.
They are definitely not going to cancel any application but I do agree that anything can happen. It's very risky to put all eggs in one basket.

Sand_canada

Star Member
Mar 18, 2021
Hi everyone. I'm living in US but indian citizen. I'm a visa holder for US and work here. For IRCC purposes am I a us resident or will I be an Indian resident? Asking because I heard about indian ban to Canada . Aor Oct 2020, fsw-o
I know this may be a very silly question, but if anyone could help answer if be very grateful :)

Twee

Oct 31, 2018
They are definitely not going to cancel any application but I do agree that anything can happen. It's very risky to put all eggs in one basket.
what makes you think "They are definitely not going to cancel any application"? I have this fear, and I am curious why you are not.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
what makes you think "They are definitely not going to cancel any application"? I have this fear, and I am curious why you are not.
There are many reasons.
-IRCC has never indicated any such thing is going to happen.
-They sent an email in March to let everyone know that the processing will be delayed for FSW applications. It specifically stated they haven't forgotten about the applicants and intend to welcome them to Canada.
-They sent a survey email just last week to check if people were still interested in coming to Canada.
-Applications continue to get processed albeit very slowly. My own application was approved just last month.

there are plenty of other reasons. People keep bringing 2012 when IRCC canceled applications. That was a completely different scenario back then and not comparable at all to today's situation. Processing FSW backlog is not an issue for IRCC. If they want, they can very quickly clear it as there's an online system now.

Stop worrying.

MJ Mumbai

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020

This is Painful.
Hey just sharing my opinion on this...I don't think the flight ban has much impact on the processing timelines for outlanders because it may be a delay of only a month or so. Federal elections may be completed by September end and the uplifting of ban is anticipated to be announced before or around that time. 2021 still has 4+ months... and seeing your signature, you and I have similar timelines. Not much is left to be processed.
Given that corona stays suppressed and vaccination increases in both the nations (CAD and IND), it is only a matter of time. September and October will be critical months.
Also quitting job or other activities has no positive impact on the application, or your life. Stay put and keep yourself busy with such meaningful activities. And remember.. you are not alone (check my timeline).:)

VVV62

Star Member
Feb 11, 2021
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
26-11-2020
Hey just sharing my opinion on this...I don't think the flight ban has much impact on the processing timelines for outlanders because it may be a delay of only a month or so. Federal elections may be completed by September end and the uplifting of ban is anticipated to be announced before or around that time. 2021 still has 4+ months... and seeing your signature, you and I have similar timelines. Not much is left to be processed.
Given that corona stays suppressed and vaccination increases in both the nations (CAD and IND), it is only a matter of time. September and October will be critical months.
Also quitting job or other activities has no positive impact on the application, or your life. Stay put and keep yourself busy with such meaningful activities. And remember.. you are not alone (check my timeline).:)
I've just got an interesting thought I'd like to share with you all in order to hear what you think.

My point is that remaining outland applications suspended is a part of someone's strategy to win the federal elections in September. If this "someone(s)" can influence IRCC, the pause in sending COPRs could be a trump card of some authorities who hide it in a sleeve while waiting for a week or two before the day people will vote. The long-awaited start of issueing PPRs could boost the popularity of certain individuals who will be distinguished in mass media channels as the ones who made IRCC to process all outland applications.

Although it's some kind of a theory of conspiracy, it may have some legit elements hidden under the curtain.

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
I've just got an interesting thought I'd like to share with you all in order to hear what you think.

My point is that remaining outland applications suspended is a part of someone's strategy to win the federal elections in September. If this "someone(s)" can influence IRCC, the pause in sending COPRs could be a trump card of some authorities who hide it in a sleeve while waiting for a week or two before the day people will vote. The long-awaited start of issueing PPRs could boost the popularity of certain individuals who will be distinguished in mass media channels as the ones who made IRCC to process all outland applications.

Although it's some kind of a theory of conspiracy, it may have some legit elements hidden under the curtain.
I cant agree with that because as you know PR holders don't have rights to vote and moreover by canceling the fsw applications they can boast that they only invited applicants on occupation in demand. At this point especially after seeing Qubec applications canceled I dont have much hopes.My only issue is I live in US and I have to go back to India,going bact to that nation is one of the worst things but it is what it is.