+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>OCTOBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

harsimrannsingh

Star Member
Aug 12, 2020
I have used a representative (lawyer) for my PR application. My application is attached with her GC account. Is there any way to get it linked to mine? So i can see if theres any updates, if theres any.
And is it a lengthy and confusing process?

Please advice.

@legalfalcon

modish.mink

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Some guy (FSW-O, October AOR) I met on Reddit had witnessed a GU.
https://www.reddit.com/r/ImmigrationCanada/comments/nr74yn
Should we expect that a long silence is finally broken?
Given recent trends (calls and gcsms notes shared by people), it is possible all the steps are done for most fsws from Oct-Nov. However hang in there, we'll most likely be getting our COPRs only after the restrictions are eased and the population vaccinated. :)

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I have used a representative (lawyer) for my PR application. My application is attached with her GC account. Is there any way to get it linked to mine? So i can see if theres any updates, if theres any.
And is it a lengthy and confusing process?

Please advice.

@legalfalcon

When you have a representative (lawyer / consultant) they use a representative portal to submit applications of all their clients and manage them. A representative cannot provide you access to their portal and this the application.

See

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/partners-service-providers/authorized-paid-representatives-portal.html

The only way to get access to your application is by creating a GCkey and linking your application to it. However, this will remove the application from your reps account and switch it over to you. Your rep will not longer be able to check any updates or receive any notification from IRCC, since you will receive them directly.

Before you do this, make sure that you discuss it with your rep as it may result in the termination of your retainer with them.

harsimrannsingh

Star Member
Aug 12, 2020
When you have a representative (lawyer / consultant) they use a representative portal to submit applications of all their clients and manage them. A representative cannot provide you access to their portal and this the application.

See

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/partners-service-providers/authorized-paid-representatives-portal.html

The only way to get access to your application is by creating a GCkey and linking your application to it. However, this will remove the application from your reps account and switch it over to you. Your rep will not longer be able to check any updates or receive any notification from IRCC, since you will receive them directly.

Before you do this, make sure that you discuss it with your rep as it may result in the termination of your retainer with them.
Thank you so much .

rajsandhu1989

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2020
Med's Done....
24-11-2020
Hey guys, any fsw-o applicants with Ottawa VO got an update to their application in the last couple months? Last updates I've seen were in mid-February but nothing since.
Yes as per my GCMS notes no progress everything passed and security not started is the stage I am stuck.

rajsandhu1989

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2020
Med's Done....
24-11-2020
Given recent trends (calls and gcsms notes shared by people), it is possible all the steps are done for most fsws from Oct-Nov. However hang in there, we'll most likely be getting our COPRs only after the restrictions are eased and the population vaccinated. :)
I agree with you. Most of the FSW-O applicants have completed most of the stages and when they decide to open the borders. We will see COPRs coming in bunches. I think another few months of wait, things are getting better.

Reactions: dhruvbajaj39