+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>OCTOBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

srinianurag90

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
You do not have to be in Canada during the processing of your application. You are free to travel anywhere you wish and it has no impact.

However, currently IRCC is only issuing COPRs to applicants who are physically in Canada. If you do not intend to return to Canada, you should change your address on file with IRCC.
thanks for the info @legalfalcon, I'm planning to return by the end of June and hopefully the processing also should move along as you have mentioned it doesn't impact the progress. I haven't informed IRCC regarding my vacation / travel through the webform, would that be a problem?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
thanks for the info @legalfalcon, I'm planning to return by the end of June and hopefully the processing also should move along as you have mentioned it doesn't impact the progress. I haven't informed IRCC regarding my vacation / travel through the webform, would that be a problem?
If you went on a vacation, there was no need to inform as you are not charing your country of residence. Given that you did inform that you will not be in Canada, make sure that after your return you update IRCC.

cindy09

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon I passed all the stage of eligibility and background check and just waiting for copr. is it ok to resign now in my current employer who supported my PR? im on bowp. thanks in advance

AkshayG

Sep 29, 2020
CEC Inland, AOR - October 18, 2021
Eligibility passed on May 4. Security not started and Criminality in progress. Fed up with the processing speed.

Anyone with AOR on/before Oct 18 has similar status?
I am checking my application everyday after 4 PM and hoping that I will get a GU. Getting more and more frustrated after seeing nothing has changed. I tried to get it off my head. But, wasn’t successful on that.

This is impacting my day to day activities in a great way.

Kerikeri

Nov 29, 2020
I am checking my application everyday after 4 PM and hoping that I will get a GU. Getting more and more frustrated after seeing nothing has changed. I tried to get it off my head. But, wasn’t successful on that.

This is impacting my day to day activities in a great way.
Same... I stopped checking

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon I passed all the stage of eligibility and background check and just waiting for copr. is it ok to resign now in my current employer who supported my PR? im on bowp. thanks in advance
If a decision on your application has not yet been made, and if you resign, you will have to inform IRCC even if your eligibility has passed. Also, if you claimed 50 points for arranged offer of employment, that condition will change, there by decreasing your CRS.

Ideally, you can wait until a little longer, stick on. As soon as you receive a COPR, you can resign the same day.

Also, if you have a notice period, then you can resign and by the time your notice period expires, you should have the COPR.

Reactions: cindy09

cindy09

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
Thabk
If a decision on your application has not yet been made, and if you resign, you will have to inform IRCC even if your eligibility has passed. Also, if you claimed 50 points for arranged offer of employment, that condition will change, there by decreasing your CRS.

Ideally, you can wait until a little longer, stick on. As soon as you receive a COPR, you can resign the same day.

Also, if you have a notice period, then you can resign and by the time your notice period expires, you should have the COPR.
Thank you so much! Hopefully all of us waiting for copr will receive it anytime soon

frq1890

Mar 3, 2021

@legalfalcon ageing after ita doesn’t affect the application , right ?