Mar 27, 2021
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03Oct20
Med's Done....
03-10-2020
Did they tell you when (date) your file was transferred to Pretoria?
No, date wasn't communicated. CIC did send me a mail with the contact details of Pretoria VAC so that I can contact them directly

îleless

Jan 23, 2021
No, date wasn't communicated. CIC did send me a mail with the contact details of Pretoria VAC so that I can contact them directly
From what I understand a file can be be transferred to a LVO after the completeness check for eligibility review, after eligibility is passed or for issuing PPR. The transfer date could maybe help determine at which stage your application was at when it was transferred but it could well have been just for workload redistribution which doesn't have anything to do with the application stage. I do hope they get back to you soon with good news. Please let me know when you get an update. My file is also at Pretoria.

Reactions: dhruvbajaj39

KPChambly83

Star Member
Mar 27, 2021
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03Oct20
Med's Done....
03-10-2020
Here's what they said :

Thank you for your message. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) acknowledges your enquiry pertaining to your In Progress Permanent Residence application. To protect Canadians from the outbreak of COVID-19, the Government of Canada introduced a number of travel restrictions that limit travel to Canada. These restrictions are still in place and you currently do not meet an exemption. As such, we cannot estimate a time frame for the finalization of your application. We will provide guidance only once the travel restrictions are changed or lifted.

We encourage you to visit our website regularly to obtain the latest information about how COVID-19 is affecting immigration services and to keep updated on any changes in travel restrictions and processing which might be effected, if any : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19.html.

Any thoughts what this actually mean?

KPChambly83

Star Member
Mar 27, 2021
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03Oct20
Med's Done....
03-10-2020
From what I understand a file can be be transferred to a LVO after the completeness check for eligibility review, after eligibility is passed or for issuing PPR. The transfer date could maybe help determine at which stage your application was at when it was transferred but it could well have been just for workload redistribution which doesn't have anything to do with the application stage. I do hope they get back to you soon with good news. Please let me know when you get an update. My file is also at Pretoria.
When has your file been transferred to Pretoria?

îleless

Jan 23, 2021
When has your file been transferred to Pretoria?
I called IRCC early March and likewise all they said was that my file was transferred to Pretoria and they couldn't give me any other information regarding my application. I didn't think to ask for the transfer date though. I got a GU (the only one so far) early Feb and I'm only assuming it might have been transferred around that time. I never got an email from IRCC either. However, it's not uncommon for people from my country of residence to have their files transferred to Pretoria (immitracker) so didn't bother look into it any further. I'll get in touch with them at Pretoria after I've passed the 6 month processing time.

îleless

Jan 23, 2021
Here's what they said :

Thank you for your message. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) acknowledges your enquiry pertaining to your In Progress Permanent Residence application. To protect Canadians from the outbreak of COVID-19, the Government of Canada introduced a number of travel restrictions that limit travel to Canada. These restrictions are still in place and you currently do not meet an exemption. As such, we cannot estimate a time frame for the finalization of your application. We will provide guidance only once the travel restrictions are changed or lifted.

We encourage you to visit our website regularly to obtain the latest information about how COVID-19 is affecting immigration services and to keep updated on any changes in travel restrictions and processing which might be effected, if any : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19.html.

Any thoughts what this actually mean?
Just an automated message. They'll take some time before getting back to you.

KPChambly83

Star Member
Mar 27, 2021
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03Oct20
Med's Done....
03-10-2020
I called IRCC early March and likewise all they said was that my file was transferred to Pretoria and they couldn't give me any other information regarding my application. I didn't think to ask for the transfer date though. I got a GU (the only one so far) early Feb and I'm only assuming it might have been transferred around that time. I never got an email from IRCC either. However, it's not uncommon for people from my country of residence to have their files transferred to Pretoria (immitracker) so didn't bother look into it any further. I'll get in touch with them at Pretoria after I've passed the 6 month processing time.
You might to want to check that. If your dossier is for PR too, I looked up gc website where they specify that VAC do not work on immigration dossiers except for the travel documents part of the process..

KPChambly83

Star Member
Mar 27, 2021
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03Oct20
Med's Done....
03-10-2020

cindy09

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I have been a silent viewer of this forum all these days. Am here today to update my status which i got to know when I made first call to CIC today to know my application status and the agent updated as follows :

AOR : OCT 13th 2020
Medicals Passed : Nov 24th , No BioMetrics not required.
Eligibility : Passed
Security : Passed
Criminal check : Passed
VO : OTTAWA
CEC INLAND

Agent said : "waiting for final decision to be made" . Now I am curious about :

When can I expect PPR ? and these updates are not reflecting on my online application is it still ok ?

Appreciate if some experts here could respond. Thank you in Advance !!
we got same AOR date, did you get 100% already un ur portal? i dont have access on my portal, just the agency

harsh_makani

Feb 12, 2020
What about FSW-O from August, September etc?
Don't want to discourage or anything but I have seen some of August 2019 AOR's still haven't got any update. This is unfortunate but hang in there and we might see some update in next few months. As you can see from my signature, 6 months have already passed for my application but we still need to wait few more months.

Hang in there!

Reactions: LandCanada2021

Aditis123

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Hey @legalfalcon ,
Greetings from myside ,
I am a FSW- O with AOR 14 oct 2020 and I wanted to ask you few things. Actually I just finished my call with an ircc agent . He was a kind and a humble representative. He initially enquired me about my particulars and continued saying after taking little time that I my file is in good health . When I specifically asked him about my stages , he told me that my eligibility and criminality are passed , security is not yet started and for background status , he gave me an explanation about its connection with security check. My VO is Ottawa.
My question is, as per ur understanding from the above stated info , is there anything to worry about my file as of now ( especially wrt employment) and whether my eligibility is finally passed or it would be recommended ( agent simply mentioned passed ) , when can I expect my file to be approved ?
I must say that he kept on focusing that my file simply needs to wait due to covid delays .
Kindly help me resolve my ambiguity.
Thank u

Last edited:

LucasV0

Star Member
Sep 23, 2020
I called again a few minutes ago. My application has not been changed since the last month ~..~
Eligibility: Recommended pass
Security and info share have not been started.
It will be a long wait
AOR Oct 5 2020
CEC Inland

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: mapple007

khush.sib

Star Member
Aug 21, 2018
Hellow fellow aspirants.
I am in need of urgent guidance.
Today i have received ADR request regarding my spouse PCC from Qatar.

My spouse have travelled 2 times regarding work on a BUSINESS VISA below are the trip details.

First trip- Feb 13 2019 to 31 july i.e 167 days.
second trip- 26th august to 24th november 2019 i.e 93 days.

His trip was less than six months in a row we have mentioned this in our travel history and also there are stamps on my passport.

I got to know from my self research that to obtain a Qatar pcc you need to have a Qatar resident id which he doesnot have as he was on a business visa.

Need your kind support @legalfalcon

Thankyou in advance.

cindy09

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon hopefully you can answer my inquiry. Im under PNP, and got my BOWP last february. If my portal got 100% and my eligibility and background check are done, is it safe to resign on my current employer who supported my application? I just want to transfer to another job while waiting for my confirmation. Thanks in advance

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hey @legalfalcon ,
Greetings from myside ,
I am a FSW- O with AOR 14 oct 2020 and I wanted to ask you few things. Actually I just finished my call with an ircc agent . He was a kind and a humble representative. He initially enquired me about my particulars and continued saying after taking little time that I my file is in good health . When I specifically asked him about my stages , he told me that my eligibility and criminality are passed , security is not yet started and for background status , he gave me an explanation about its connection with security check. My VO is Ottawa.
My question is, as per ur understanding from the above stated info , is there anything to worry about my file as of now ( especially wrt employment) and whether my eligibility is finally passed or it would be recommended ( agent simply mentioned passed ) , when can I expect my file to be approved ?
I must say that he kept on focusing that my file simply needs to wait due to covid delays .
Kindly help me resolve my ambiguity.
Thank u
If your eligibility is passed, you need not worry at all. Even if your eligibility is recommended passed, the officer in most cases will go with the recommendation.

Currently no one can give you any time frame as they are all off the chart. The final stage is security, once that is done a decision on your application will be made. To read on security see https://www.getgcms.com/blog/what-is-security-screening-comprehensive-guide/
Hellow fellow aspirants.
I am in need of urgent guidance.
Today i have received ADR request regarding my spouse PCC from Qatar.

My spouse have travelled 2 times regarding work on a BUSINESS VISA below are the trip details.

First trip- Feb 13 2019 to 31 july i.e 167 days.
second trip- 26th august to 24th november 2019 i.e 93 days.

His trip was less than six months in a row we have mentioned this in our travel history and also there are stamps on my passport.

I got to know from my self research that to obtain a Qatar pcc you need to have a Qatar resident id which he doesnot have as he was on a business visa.

Need your kind support @legalfalcon

Thankyou in advance.

As per IRCC even if you have not stayed in the country of 6 months or more, IRCC at its own discretion can request you to provide the PCC.

As per IRCC:

The officer can exercise discretion when assessing whether police certificates that do not fall within standard IRCC parameters may still be required to process the application. When necessary, an officer can use discretion in their determination of whether or not a client is admissible to Canada by using other documents or mechanisms that are available to them.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

If you have been asked for a PCC for a specific country, and if the requirements mandate that you need to have a resident ID, you can send a response back inform IRCC of the same and that you do not have the resident ID, and thus unable to procure the PCC.

Also IRCC website for Qatar states:

Special considerations
If you are in Qatar on a Visitor Status Certificate: Qatar does not issue a residence ID card to visitors. Police certificates are only issued to residents of Qatar with an ID card number. If you were a visitor before you became a resident, you are required to provide a written explanation with the dates of your visitor status and a copy of your passport with your entry stamp to Qatar.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/qatar.html

Send the response based on the above.

Reactions: khush.sib