+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>OCTOBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

joey.slater

Star Member
Apr 28, 2020
Why do you say that?
At this moment, December 2019/January 2020 AOR application's files are getting processed. Looking at the current trend where IRCC is prioritizing CEC applications, not to forget the recent 27k CEC ITAs, I do not see FSW applications getting processed.

Again, yes there are few here and there FSW applications getting processed but that does not justify the bigger pool of applications.

Reactions: Uncle Yayo

Agashi

Mar 11, 2021
Congrats, would you please share if you saw any (ghost) updates on your online profile? Any line changed ? such as we are processing...or in progress? or N/A? Thanks
hi there,

yes we got ghost updates twice, I think the first one was 10 days ago and the second one was 3 working days after the first.

all the best :)

Reactions: stefi2020

NarratorTD

Feb 8, 2021
@legalfalcon

I'm an FSW candidate and received AOR on October 27, 2020. I'm still waiting for approval of my PR application.

However, I have received a job offer from a company in Canada. I have no idea when the PR will come, so what are my options in terms of when I can start working at the company? I have heard of temporary work permits, but is this even a viable avenue to pursue at this point? I have heard that it can take 4 - 5 months to process the LMIA and work permit.

Also, do I have to notify IRCC of this job offer? Can the job offer be used somehow to expedite the PR process (I know it's probably a long long shot and maybe even impossible, but just wanted to clarify nevertheless)

Reactions: rajiyer

rajiyer

Star Member
Nov 19, 2020
@legalfalcon

I'm an FSW candidate and received AOR on October 27, 2020. I'm still waiting for approval of my PR application.

However, I have received a job offer from a company in Canada. I have no idea when the PR will come, so what are my options in terms of when I can start working at the company? I have heard of temporary work permits, but is this even a viable avenue to pursue at this point? I have heard that it can take 4 - 5 months to process the LMIA and work permit.

Also, do I have to notify IRCC of this job offer? Can the job offer be used somehow to expedite the PR process (I know it's probably a long long shot and maybe even impossible, but just wanted to clarify nevertheless)
No, the most feasible option is to apply for a temporary work permit through your employer. I am FSW-inland with AOR-October 3rd already working in Canada and still haven't had my application processed.

All left to do is to hope they look into our applications quickly.

NarratorTD

Feb 8, 2021
No, the most feasible option is to apply for a temporary work permit through your employer. I am FSW-inland with AOR-October 3rd already working in Canada and still haven't had my application processed.

All left to do is to hope they look into our applications quickly.
Thanks for the response @rajiyer . I forgot to also mention that I'm FSW Outland, living in USA.

Did you move to Canada after receiving the work permit or were you already in Canada when you received the job offer and then you applied for work permit?

Also, how long did it take for your work permit to be processed?

rajiyer

Star Member
Nov 19, 2020
Thanks for the response @rajiyer . I forgot to also mention that I'm FSW Outland, living in USA.

Did you move to Canada after receiving the work permit or were you already in Canada when you received the job offer and then you applied for work permit?

Also, how long did it take for your work permit to be processed?
I was already in Canada when I received a job offer and applied for a PR. I qualified for FSW in July and applied in October.
As I applied for an open work permit and I was able to get it in about 3 months pre-covid. I'm unsure of the time taken for closed work permits and about the process but I don't see it any less than 3 months.

Uncle Yayo

Jun 16, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021
At this moment, December 2019/January 2020 AOR application's files are getting processed. Looking at the current trend where IRCC is prioritizing CEC applications, not to forget the recent 27k CEC ITAs, I do not see FSW applications getting processed.

Again, yes there are few here and there FSW applications getting processed but that does not justify the bigger pool of applications.
It will shock all of you how fast things will move once Canada gets a hold of this pandemic. Which in my opinion will be in no distant time. Just chill guys, just chill.

rs572

Dec 10, 2016
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017,
AOR Received.
Application received on 18-05-2017
Med's Done....
Medical test passed on 27-05-2017
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
June 1, 2018
You can leave your job anytime and it has nothing to do with the processing of your application. If you claimed points for your current job you should inform IRCC that you no longer work with the employer. No documents are required.

Also, when you change your country of residence, you should send a webform and inform IRCC of the change and your new address so that your LVO can be accordingly changed.
My PNP was approved based on my current job. After that I got 600 points for PNP under FSW. For FSW ,i didnt claim any point for employment.

Loosing job will affect anything in such scenario?

Furthermore, I heard that IRCC asks for job letter in case we leave Canada and come back. is it true?

I am scared that if I inform to PNP office they may withdraw my nomination. My employer is very bad. They had not helped me for work permit and for leave also they dont care at all. They are saying covid is not our problem. we cant give days off for quarantine period. They are forcing me to resign though I gave them doctor' note, reason of my own marriage and family need (i have not seen my family members since last 3 years).

it would be great if someone can guide me about my rights in this case to save my job. can labour department help me here to save my job?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

You can apply for a WP, but you will have to go through the entire process of obtaining a LMIA, unless your job s LMIA exempt and then apply for a WP, the processing of which will depend in your country of residence.

You do not have to inform IRCC of this job, but after you change your country of residence you will have to update your address with IRCC.