+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>OCTOBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

MJ Mumbai

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Yes that’s the slowest VO currently. I’m FSW-O so even down the priority for that office. But I’d be happy to see a movement even if it’s for CEC, because that would mean there’s at least someone working there, but as of now, it looks bleak.
Me to VO Ottawa :(

toma1990

Nov 7, 2020
Bangladesh
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02-10-2020
@legalfalcon please tell me how long does IRCC take to refuse a PR application. I choose wrong NOC for one of my experience which i realized after AOR. I immediately raised a webform back in November mentioning the more suitable NOC for that experience. However, i haven't received any reply from IRCC till now.

Since, it's been five months till my AOR (in October) is it possible to get refused now?

Delilah

Jan 29, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon Please do you have an idea what’s going on at Ottawa office? Do they deliberately not want to attend to FSW O anymore? Why are some visa offices giving PPR and others are claiming that there are travel restrictions? Didn’t we all pay the same fees? Is there any hope for people whose files have been dumped at Ottawa or do we move on with our lives till whenever Covid goes? I am sorry the questions are a lot but I am hoping that maybe you know something that we don’t. Any information at this point will be helpful.

Reactions: muspal and Fatym

AnnaJ4990

Star Member
Aug 30, 2020
Hi everyone I received my CBSA notes and turns out my eligibility is Review Required but when I go all the way down to the eligibility notes, I see the below:

Review required: Triage Factor A11.2: Met R75: FSW MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - Met R76: SELECTION CRITERIA - FSW POINTS: APPEARS TO MEET R76: SELECTION CRITERIA - FUNDS: APPEARS TO MEET FSW points total: 69 RPRF: Complete

@legalfalcon what does this mean?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon please tell me how long does IRCC take to refuse a PR application. I choose wrong NOC for one of my experience which i realized after AOR. I immediately raised a webform back in November mentioning the more suitable NOC for that experience. However, i haven't received any reply from IRCC till now.

Since, it's been five months till my AOR (in October) is it possible to get refused now?
There is no timeline as such. When your application is reviewed by an officer and if the eligibility is not met, you may be sent a PFl, or a rejection depending on the circumstances.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi everyone I received my CBSA notes and turns out my eligibility is Review Required but when I go all the way down to the eligibility notes, I see the below:

Review required: Triage Factor A11.2: Met R75: FSW MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - Met R76: SELECTION CRITERIA - FSW POINTS: APPEARS TO MEET R76: SELECTION CRITERIA - FUNDS: APPEARS TO MEET FSW points total: 69 RPRF: Complete

A11.2 is the eligibility criteria for the program you applied

R75: is the criteria for FSW

R76: is the Minimum eligibility criteria(MEC), i.e. 67 points out of 100.

I had an old post on RR, re-posting it here.

Understanding “Review Required”

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied (FSW / CEC / FTW). To stream line this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize it in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst / assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst / assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst / assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, but it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because, the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are know as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

1. Work reference letter without job duties
2. Work reference letters missing all the details requested by IRCC
3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.
4. Not sufficient work experience in the primary NOC.
5. Inability to verify your employment as your employer details are missing.

There are just some of the scenarios.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon Please do you have an idea what’s going on at Ottawa office? Do they deliberately not want to attend to FSW O anymore? Why are some visa offices giving PPR and others are claiming that there are travel restrictions? Didn’t we all pay the same fees? Is there any hope for people whose files have been dumped at Ottawa or do we move on with our lives till whenever Covid goes? I am sorry the questions are a lot but I am hoping that maybe you know something that we don’t. Any information at this point will be helpful.
I don't have answers, but there are many others in the same boat. Even those who are getting PPR, even if they get the COPR they cannot travel. Not that not getting a PPR is any better, but until the travel restrictions are relaxed, don't expect much.

Reactions: leobeni and shank15

Drzee

Star Member
Dec 15, 2020

Did your BGC changed to to application in process?