App. Filed.......
Aor October 10th 2020
Doc's Request.
Rcmp
AOR Received.
October 10th 2020
Med's Request
November 20th 2020
There's something I noticed with eligibility Not started cases.
My AOR is 26 Sep 2019 and I got RPRF request on 21 Oct 2019 which I immediately paid. Few days later my file was transferred to my Local Visa Office (LVO). Both eligibility and security bacame Not Started while criminality was in progress (didn't give biometric before file was transferred). When I got gcms in January 2020, I saw the case processing agent already reviewed my file and put positive note (all criteria as MET) on the day he requested RPRF. This is agent who puts either Recommended Pass or Review Required on the eligibility in the Summary.

I believe when file is transferred to either CPC or LVO the status of the summary of the application changes from what the case processing agent puts to Not Started except for the criminality.

Call centers only see Summary page. The only way to truly know the progress is via GCMS.

I believe your file is already reviewed by both the program assistant and case processing agent and only waiting for the officer review.
Not so sure about that. My office is Ottawa too and agent told me this week that Criminality is in progress and that's it. Aor october 10th. He said, everything looks good. yeah...yeah....

Ohee

Dec 6, 2020
Usually the files are transferred to LVO is when the application has to be finalised, or there is a requirement of local resources to verify the details.

Given that your eligibility is passed, then the only logical conclusion would be to finalise the application and issue PPR.
My security and criminality
Usually the files are transferred to LVO is when the application has to be finalised, or there is a requirement of local resources to verify the details.

Given that your eligibility is passed, then the only logical conclusion would be to finalise the application and issue PPR.
I was also thinking as they have passed my eligibility it might be for finalization process.

If eligibility is passed then do they need local resources to proceed further?
My security and criminality was not passed and I just gave my biometrics on 1st February 2021. Will Singapore visa office process security and criminality to finalize the process?
Does every file goes to LVO though they does not require any local resources?

TIA

Ohee

Dec 6, 2020
Files get transferred between visa offices for a wide variety of reasons including work load distribution, local knowledge or office specific requirements. When your application is approved you will be asked to submit the passport at the LVO. Nothing to worry about.
My file is not approved yet. Is it mandatory to move every file to LVO whether for issuing PPR or for other reasons?

Reactions: shank15

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
My file is not approved yet. Is it mandatory to move every file to LVO whether for issuing PPR or for other reasons?
Correct, believe that Security had not even started in your case so it's too soon to reach the approval stage. Yes the file can move to LVO for other reasons as well, e.g. if specific local knowledge is required.

stefi2020

Nov 23, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Aor October 10th 2020
Doc's Request.
Rcmp
AOR Received.
October 10th 2020
Med's Request
November 20th 2020

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hello,
I want to order my GCMS notes and I have some questions as Outland applicant.
1. What’s difference of ordering GCMS notes to IRCC or CBSA?
2. As Outland applicant, what’s the best way to order notes(website and options )
Thank you
Differences between Gcms Notes from IRCC vs CBSA? See https://bit.ly/34nuJPu

Reactions: Mustbe

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
like when? right away after your request?
It will look something like this and usually sent closer to the 30 day mark

An extension of time of up to xx days beyond the 30 day statutory time limit will be required in order to
process this request. This extension is being applied in accordance with the Act as meeting the original time
limit would unreasonably interfere with the operations of the Agency.

The Canada Border Services Agency is committed to assist you with your request and will ensure that every
reasonable effort is made to help you receive a complete, accurate and timely response.

More about ATIP time extension https://bit.ly/2NmpUjP

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
My security and criminality

I was also thinking as they have passed my eligibility it might be for finalization process.

If eligibility is passed then do they need local resources to proceed further?
My security and criminality was not passed and I just gave my biometrics on 1st February 2021. Will Singapore visa office process security and criminality to finalize the process?
Does every file goes to LVO though they does not require any local resources?

TIA
If your application is LVO, then they will do the remaining processing or can do a specific part and send the application to another office. Don't be too concerned as to where the application is, as its an online application, and they can assign it to any office as per the resources available.

Instead check the stage you are at how is it progressing.

Reactions: Ohee

Ohee

Dec 6, 2020
Correct, believe that Security had not even started in your case so it's too soon to reach the approval stage. Yes the file can move to LVO for other reasons as well, e.g. if specific local knowledge is required.
Once eligibility is passed for what do they need local resources?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi, is it true that if you are inland and requesting GCMS notes can’t be delayed for 60-90 days and always arrive on time within 30 days? Thanks!
With requests under the Privacy Act extensions are possible too but limited to 30 days if taken i.e. max time will be statutory 30 days + 30 days of extension . Also see https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/all-about-gcms-how-to-order-read-general-questions-answered.482200/post-9129899

Reactions: upon