HA1986

Nov 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
09-10-20
Med's Done....
25-11-2020
Inform about the residential address change. You should inform after moving.
Thank you. I also wanted to ask if they could ask for bank statement again? I'll be closing my account before moving back and I'm not sure what I'd do if they ask for bank statement again.

Sandynguyen

Star Member
Aug 16, 2020
Thank you. I also wanted to ask if they could ask for bank statement again? I'll be closing my account before moving back and I'm not sure what I'd do if they ask for bank statement again.
I have followed up the thread and haven't seen the request for update bank statements. But you could explain to them via webform the update status of your bank accounts (both in Ca and in your country if you have new one)

Reactions: HA1986

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Hello, I would like to ask what does getting rprf request means?
AOR - Acknowledgement of Receipt

CAIPS - Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System. This is the computer system used by Citizenship and Immigration Canada for storing all overseas visa application information. This system records every bit of information you provide. It is like an electronic identity; existence of the applicant. This is very helpful when anything abnormal happens (e.g. delay in reply, lack of updation, long processing time). It is also helpful when you are selected for the interview. You can know the probable cause of interview requirement by obtaining the CAIPS notes.
CANN - Community Airport Newcomers’ Network
CELPIP - Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program. This is one of only two English language testing organizations approved by CIC (IELTS is the other). CELPIP testing is only available in Canada (Vancouver and Toronto) and China.
CPP - Canada Pension Plan
CIC - Citizenship and Immigration Canada
CICIC - Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials
CIDA - Canadian International Development Agency
COPR - Confirmation of Permanent Resident Form
CSQ - Certificate du Selection du Quebec (Quebec Certificate of Selection)

DMP - Designated Medical Practitioner. Under the Skilled Worker Program application all family members must undergo a medical exam, performed by a doctor that has been approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
IRPA - Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
IRPR - Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations
EAL - English as an Additional Language
e-CAS - e-Client Application Status. This on-line service allows CIC clients to view securely the status of immigration and/or citizenship application(s) on-line, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You may use this service if you have sponsored a member of the family class, applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada, applied for a permanent resident card (initial, replacement or renewal), applied for a grant of Canadian citizenship, or applied for a proof of Canadian citizenship.
EFL - English as a Foreign Language
EI - Employment Insurance (also sometimes referred to as unemployment insurance)
ELT - English Language Training/Teaching
ESL - English as a Second Language
ESOL - English for Speakers of Other Languages
ESP - English for Specific Purposes
GIC - Guaranteed Investment Certificate
GST - Goods and Services Tax
H&C grounds - Humanitarian and Compassionate grounds. In the case of Canadian immigration, refers to section A25(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Any person who does not comply with the three categories of immigration to Canada (family, economic and refugee) may ask to be considered for immigration selection on H&C grounds.
HRDC (see HRSDC) - former Human Resources Development Canada
HRSDC - Human Resources and Skills Development Canada. The government agency responsible for performing both Arranged Employment Opinions and Labour Market Opinions for the purposes of obtaining employment confirmation letters. Such letters may be required by Skilled Worker applicants when attempting to qualify for the additional ten points under the Arranged Employment Factor.
ICCS - International Council for Canadian Studies
ID - Identification
IELTS - International English Language Testing System. One of only two English language testing organizations approved by CIC (CELPIP is the other). Note that Skilled Worker applicants will want to complete the IELTS 'General Training' exams, not the 'Academic Training' exams.
IRPA - Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
MSP - Medical Services Plan
NOC - National Occupational Classification
NGO - Non-Governmental Organization
OLA - Open Learning Agency
PST - Provincial Sales Tax
RCMP - Royal Canadian Mounted Police
RRPF - Right of Permanent Residence Fee
RRSP - Registered Retirement Savings Plan
SIN -Social Insurance Number
SWP - Skilled Worker Program
TEF - Test d'Evaluation de Français. The only French language testing organization approved by CIC. Note that Skilled Workers are to complete the following tests: Comprehension Ocrite / Comprehension Orale / Expression Ecrite / Expression Orale.
VSO - Voluntary Services Overseas
WCB - Workers’ Compensation Board
YMCA - Young Men’s Christian Association
YWCA - Young Women’s Christian Association
IA-Intial Assessment
PPR-Passport Request

Quoting: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/immigration-acronyms.3007/

nshar2111

Star Member
Oct 6, 2019
@legalfalcon
I'm an Express Entry CEC inland applicant. I need to travel urgently to India for a month at end of march. What happens If I receive a Passport request (PPR) or if my application is approved through CIC while I am outside of Canada. Do my status in Canada as a temporary resident and my work visa automatically expires? If not then, Can I come back to Canada (as I have a valid work visa) and complete the PR process here.
I had a long chat with an IRCC agent on the same topic on Friday. I am travelling to India from mid Feb till mid March. She confirmed if I have valid work permit and TRV. Also, if I am working here in Canada. I told her everything is in place. So she said it shouldn't be a problem for me to travel and return to Canada.

But she asked me to raise a webform and informing any agent who is working on my file that I will be out of the country for these dates. So, if there's any additional document required or they need to confirm something from me or to take the final decision, they'll postpone it till the time I return back.

So when you travel to India, carry your Work permit and if you can manage an Employment Letter from your HR mentioning that you are required to be in Canada to work and you travelled outside of Canada for some personal thing.

Sonu17

Oct 26, 2020
Hi All,
I haven't got my biometrics refund back despite the fact that I'm biometric exempt. I am a CEC candidate with Oct 24 AOR. When can I expect the refund ? Please share your refund experience.

Thanks
Ashish

Noyan2020

Star Member
Nov 9, 2020
Hi All,
I haven't got my biometrics refund back despite the fact that I'm biometric exempt. I am a CEC candidate with Oct 24 AOR. When can I expect the refund ? Please share your refund experience.

Thanks
Ashish
AOR October 20, 2020 but haven't received the refund as well... Bio exempt as well... Moreover, the progress bar just disappeared again...ADR for RCMP is still being reviewed since Dec 15....Although visitor record was approved... Does anyone know if this is a positive sign for a visitor record to be approved while PR application is in progess?

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
3 to 4 months post AOR is a good time to consider requesting the Gcms Notes. You can request the notes from IRCC and/or CBSA, these days it may make sense to request from CBSA; see why https://bit.ly/34nuJPu
What is a point to request any of those if one can just call and ask an agent about Criminality, Eligibility and Security statuses of the application?
It takes an hour vs waiting for GCMS 30-90 days.

Uncle Yayo

Jun 16, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021
What is a point to request any of those if one can just call and ask an agent about Criminality, Eligibility and Security statuses of the application?
That is assuming everything is going smoothly with your application. GCMS notes are more detailed. There are things the agents can’t and won’t tell you.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi. @Uncle Yayo responded; thanks.

You can see what a sample GCMS file looks like https://sample.gcmsnotes.com/

Not everyone needs Gcms Notes though, phone call, web form work fine for many applicants who never bother with the Gcms Notes. It's just another option that is available.

NickolayG

Oct 14, 2020
Hi All,

Thanks
Ashish
Sorry, but have you paid for biometrics to get a refund? If you are excempt, like me, you are not requested to pay for them.

Uncle Yayo

Jun 16, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021
@Doz have you submitted your passport and have they returned it back to you.