MEP- December 9th, 2020
Biometrics- Not Required
Eligibility- Reviewing
Criminal-Processing

Thank you!

aammyy

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
I finally received my RCMP clearance in the mail & uploaded it to myCIC this morning (there was a mistake in the postal address on my first report and it needed to be re-sent.) I was quite surprised to see that my status changed from 'we have received' to 'we are reviewing' within a few hours - not sure if this is automated or not but I expected it to take way longer...

Bica

Dec 29, 2020
I called last night but could not reach an agent successfully. When waiting the agent, the computer voice said my eligibility is reviewing, BGC not started, May I know whether the status told by agent would be different from the computer voice? Anyone who can successfully reach an agent can share the experience? Thanks

Ohee

Dec 6, 2020
My experience with IRCC (Yesterday)
App used: Google Hangout
Waiting Time: 35 Min

AOR: 28th Oct
MED: Passed (4th Dec)
R10: Passed
CRIMINALITY: On Process (As they haven’t got my bio metrics)
ELIGIBILITY: Passed (On 14th January 20, 2021)
SECURITY: Not started
BIOMETRICS: Did not provided
VO: SGVO

I asked the agent whether the criminality is passed by an officer or by an analyst but the agent said its written as passed.

I raised a web form on 26th November 2020 to correct a mistake which made on statutory questions (Visa Refusal of other country). They get back to me on 16th December 2020 with a mail that my web form has been forwarded to the concerned department. As per the agent, it was updated on GCMS notes on 18th January 2021.

Dear fellow members including @legalfalcon please update me with your knowledge and experience,

Do you think my eligibility is fully passed?

Does criminality pass depends on bio metrics data?

Does reversal of statutory questions answer has an impact on eligibility pass/fail? As my eligibility is passed before statutory questions update was made in the system, will it become an issue again?

Will I become a victim of misrepresentation by any means?

Reactions: khush.sib

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
My experience with IRCC (Yesterday)
App used: Google Hangout
Waiting Time: 35 Min

AOR: 28th Oct
MED: Passed (4th Dec)
R10: Passed
CRIMINALITY: On Process (As they haven’t got my bio metrics)
ELIGIBILITY: Passed (On 14th January 20, 2021)
SECURITY: Not started
BIOMETRICS: Did not provided
VO: SGVO

I asked the agent whether the criminality is passed by an officer or by an analyst but the agent said its written as passed.

I raised a web form on 26th November 2020 to correct a mistake which made on statutory questions (Visa Refusal of other country). They get back to me on 16th December 2020 with a mail that my web form has been forwarded to the concerned department. As per the agent, it was updated on GCMS notes on 18th January 2021.

Dear fellow members including @legalfalcon please update me with your knowledge and experience,

Do you think my eligibility is fully passed?

Does criminality pass depends on bio metrics data?

Does reversal of statutory questions answer has an impact on eligibility pass/fail? As my eligibility is passed before statutory questions update was made in the system, will it become an issue again?

Will I become a victim of misrepresentation by any means?

Given that your AoR is October, 2020 it is too soon for your eligibility to be conclusively passed. It could be that you have a recommendation as passed or your eligibility has been evaluated by an analyst or assistant.

You can read more on how eligibility is processed in my previous post available at #4,004

Criminality is based on your PCCs, the biometrics you provide and the info sharing.
When you provide the biometrics they have to be run through the system to ensure that there is no match and thus no criminal record.

Steps in the biometrics process as of 2018

Step 1: Providing biometrics

By the end of 2018, all foreign nationals applying for a visitor visa, a work or study permit (except U.S. nationals), or permanent residence as well as all asylum seekers and refugee claimants will need to give their fingerprints and have their photo taken in addition to the personal information currently required.

Step 2: Applicant data transmission

Digital fingerprints will be sent electronically to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP); the photograph will be electronically stored in a database at Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC); and the personal information will be automatically entered into IRCC’s case-processing system. Files will be encrypted, transmitted and stored through secure means.

Step 3: Fingerprint check
The RCMP will check fingerprints against criminal, refugee claimant, deportee and temporary resident application records.

Step 4: Final decision
If the RCMP finds no adverse information concerning the applicant, the case officer will be notified electronically and will complete the processing of the application. Adverse or ambiguous information from the RCMP will be analysed by a central assessment unit managed by IRCC before being passed on to the migration officer for a final decision. After the final decision, the applicant’s personal information and photograph will be sent to the Canada Border Services Agency’s (CBSA) case-processing system.

Step 5: Identity verification
When a traveller or immigrant arrives at a Canadian port of entry (POE), the CBSA will verify that he/she is the same person to whom the visa or permit was issued. The photo taken abroad will be available for the border officer to visually compare with the person who appears at the POE.
At the major airports, fingerprints will be verified automatically at a primary inspection kiosk. At the additional airports and land ports of entry, discretionary fingerprint checks will be conducted by a border services officer upon referral to secondary inspection. In both instances, the traveller’s identity will be checked to make sure that the person who wants to enter Canada is the same person who was approved overseas.

see https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/corporate-initiatives/biometrics/process-steps-2018.html

Section 16(1) of the IRPA states:
  • 16 (1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.
As long as you corrected the error, you need not worry. It will be updated in your application.

Reactions: Ohee

Ohee

Dec 6, 2020
Given that your AoR is October, 2020 it is too soon for your eligibility to be conclusively passed. It could be that you have a recommendation as passed or your eligibility has been evaluated by an analyst or assistant.

You can read more on how eligibility is processed in my previous post available at #4,004

Criminality is based on your PCCs, the biometrics you provide and the info sharing.
When you provide the biometrics they have to be run through the system to ensure that there is no match and thus no criminal record.

Steps in the biometrics process as of 2018

Step 1: Providing biometrics

By the end of 2018, all foreign nationals applying for a visitor visa, a work or study permit (except U.S. nationals), or permanent residence as well as all asylum seekers and refugee claimants will need to give their fingerprints and have their photo taken in addition to the personal information currently required.

Step 2: Applicant data transmission
Digital fingerprints will be sent electronically to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP); the photograph will be electronically stored in a database at Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC); and the personal information will be automatically entered into IRCC’s case-processing system. Files will be encrypted, transmitted and stored through secure means.

Step 3: Fingerprint check
The RCMP will check fingerprints against criminal, refugee claimant, deportee and temporary resident application records.

Step 4: Final decision
If the RCMP finds no adverse information concerning the applicant, the case officer will be notified electronically and will complete the processing of the application. Adverse or ambiguous information from the RCMP will be analysed by a central assessment unit managed by IRCC before being passed on to the migration officer for a final decision. After the final decision, the applicant’s personal information and photograph will be sent to the Canada Border Services Agency’s (CBSA) case-processing system.

Step 5: Identity verification
When a traveller or immigrant arrives at a Canadian port of entry (POE), the CBSA will verify that he/she is the same person to whom the visa or permit was issued. The photo taken abroad will be available for the border officer to visually compare with the person who appears at the POE.
At the major airports, fingerprints will be verified automatically at a primary inspection kiosk. At the additional airports and land ports of entry, discretionary fingerprint checks will be conducted by a border services officer upon referral to secondary inspection. In both instances, the traveller’s identity will be checked to make sure that the person who wants to enter Canada is the same person who was approved overseas.

see https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/corporate-initiatives/biometrics/process-steps-2018.html

Section 16(1) of the IRPA states:
  • 16 (1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.
As long as you corrected the error, you need not worry. It will be updated in your application.
Thanks for the response.
Is there any incident where an assistant recommended passed but an officer reversed the recommendation.