Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
According to legal falcon's website, https://www.getgcms.com/blog/express-entry-application-processed/ , eligibility is passed before Criminality begins.

Are you sure criminality is done before eligibility?

Can you please clarify @legalfalcon ?
@Rémi Beauséjours

The blog post only lists the stages, but not the sequence, which is not stipulated in law.

The PCC is checked during criminality, which happens along with R10. The PCCs can also be reviewed during security. The biometrics is not a part of the immigration process as such as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. However, it is now required before your application can eta approved. An application is usually not refused due to PCC. It can be refused if your application is incomplete during R10, if a document is missing without explanation. But, given that your AoR is in April, your R10 should have been done by now.

There is no set criteria as to which stage will happen first and which will happen second. It is not stipulated in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act or the Regs. However, I have explained this in my old posts as to why the sequence that happens is most logical.

1. R10 or completeness check. This is the first stage, and if an application is incomplete, it will be rejected. This is the easiest stage and takes very little time.

2. Medicals and Criminality. They happen along with R10. If an applicant is inadmissible due to medicals and admissibility, there is no point going ahead. The criminality in most cases is based on PCCs the Meds is done by the medical division under Health Canada. If your PCCs is pending, or of it are an inland applicant and have not submitted RCMP PCC, your medicals will show pending while the processing of your application will continue.

3. Then comes eligibility, which takes the most time and each document is reviewed and the score is compared with what was claimed in the profile.

4. After eligibility security starts. This is because, security involved CBSA, CSIS and other agencies, and sometimes international agencies too. To read more on the procedure, see https://bit.ly/3iNGsLY
If an applicant fails eligibility, there is no point going ahead with security and involving all the external agencies.

However, if you see that your security started before eligibility, then there may be an exception. Just like for many CEC inland applicants, who have the PCMP PCC pending, their security will start pending the PCC.

Reactions: Ellen93
D

Deleted member 994371

from what I understand. Criminality is done twice. once before eligibility passed, another time after eligibility passed.
Isn't that security you are talking about? Once criminality is done security begins according to the blog post.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Isn't that security you are talking about? Once criminality is done security begins according to the blog post.
The blog post only lists the stages, not in the order they are done.

The order is:

R10
Criminality - Usually done with R10
Medicals
Eligibility
Security

1. R10 or completeness check. This is the first stage, and if an application is incomplete, it will be rejected. This is the easiest stage and takes very little time.

2. Medicals and Criminality. They happen along with R10. If an applicant is inadmissible due to medicals and admissibility, there is no point going ahead. The criminality in most cases is based on PCCs the Meds is done by the medical division under Health Canada. If your PCCs is pending, or of it are an inland applicant and have not submitted RCMP PCC, your medicals will show pending while the processing of your application will continue.

3. Then comes eligibility, which takes the most time and each document is reviewed and the score is compared with what was claimed in the profile.

4. After eligibility security starts. This is because, security involved CBSA, CSIS and other agencies, and sometimes international agencies too. To read more on the procedure, see https://bit.ly/3iNGsLY

If an applicant fails eligibility, there is no point going ahead with security and involving all the external agencies.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello Guys, Posting once again.

I called ICCRC yesterday and a Lovely lady from that end update me with the followings:

Eligibility: Passed
Criminality: In Progress
Security: Not Started
VO: Ottowa

Here are my questions.
Is this Eligibility pass R10 or the real Eligibility? If I am not mistaking, if the real Eligibility was passed my file would have moved to SGVO which is my LVO right?

FYI: My Background Check says "We are processing" from day 1 and has not changed since.

TIA
VO does not matter. Files move due to workload distribution, office specific requirements, such as local knowledge required at LVO to verify details. In some case everything is cleared at CPC and the PPR is too is sent, and then the file is sent to LVO to generate COPR.

For eligibility, see y detailed post available at #4,004

D

Deleted member 994371

The blog post only lists the stages, not in the order they are done.

The order is:

R10
Criminality - Usually done with R10
Medicals
Eligibility
Security

4. After eligibility security starts. This is because, security involved CBSA, CSIS and other agencies, and sometimes international agencies too. To read more on the procedure

@legalfalcon
When I called the IRCC (twice for same info) they told me the following:
Medicals: Passed on 1st December
BIL: received on 1st December
Eligibility: Passed on 11th January
Criminality: In progress because yet to give biometrics
Security: yet to begin

Is there a chance that my only R10 has passed?

I have ordered the CBSA notes through you but they will take 40-50 days to arrive. Just wanted to know so that I can Office's management ready for employment verification.

Thank you so much for answering.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
When I called the IRCC (twice for same info) they told me the following:
Medicals: Passed on 1st December
BIL: received on 1st December
Eligibility: Passed on 11th January
Criminality: In progress because yet to give biometrics
Security: yet to begin

Is there a chance that my only R10 has passed?

I have ordered the CBSA notes through you but they will take 40-50 days to arrive. Just wanted to know so that I can Office's management ready for employment verification.

Thank you so much for answering.
The R10 is done within the first 2-4 weeks. So by now your eligibility should be passed or recommended passed.

By now your eligibility should be under progress or already passed.

Noyan2020

Star Member
Nov 9, 2020
Will do the same
Beautiful people, my visitor record has been approved... Had applied in June 2020 and it was approved on 01.18.2021 until mid-Feb 2021...will apply for an extension as soon as I receive the physical document... PR application also in progress since 10.20.2020,... There was a background check done in June 2020 for the visitor record... Do you think this implies anything regarding my PR app in terms of its background check /eligibility or anything?

MAK1991

Nov 29, 2020
Hello guys,
I caught a ghost update today, my process bar is back and I noticed in my Background check, it has changed to “Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.”
I have done my biometrics on 31st December 2020.
Can anyone please tell me what stage my application might be?
I never called IRCC about my application. I will highly appreciate your valuable comments on this.
FSW-O
Best Regards

Regis_one

Dec 30, 2020
Hello guys,
I caught a ghost update today, my process bar is back and I noticed in my Background check, it has changed to “Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.”
I have done my biometrics on 31st December 2020.
Can anyone please tell me what stage my application might be?
I never called IRCC about my application. I will highly appreciate your valuable comments on this.
FSW-O
Best Regards
Eligbility passed probably.

darkruby

Jan 18, 2021
Thanx for the reply. I used an app to call ICCRC and the line was really really bad. Hence, I didn't ask if it was R10 or Real eligibility. Some say it's not good to call them often. is it true? I do no plan to call them anymore before my 6month mark is over.
Which app did you use? Were you calling from outside of Canada?

Bica

Dec 29, 2020
I am planning to call agent outside of Canada. Many here suggested to call agent at 8AM. I have a stupid question, which timezone should I refer? Toronto timezone?

datguytomi

Nov 3, 2020
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra (Moved to RROC December 2021)
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
31-10-2020
File Transfer...
02-12-2021
Passport Req..
16-03-2022
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2022
LANDED..........
21-06-2022
I am planning to call agent outside of Canada. Many here suggested to call agent at 8AM. I have a stupid question, which timezone should I refer? Toronto timezone?
Its not a stupid question, yes, Ontario time zone. To be very sure, try either Nova Scotia or Ontario time zone. That means you might try twice. But it has to be 8AM sharp for which ever of them you try.

Reactions: Bica