+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>OCTOBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

darkruby

Jan 18, 2021
I often see people say they were able to call the office +1 888 242 2100,
but this is for those already in Canada, and when I call this from outside Canada (using Voip/Skype) - all I'm getting is "your number cannot be called as dialed"

I wonder if someone could explain how they are calling 888 number from abroad?

Last edited:

Rummy_fav

Jan 6, 2021
You just login and see an update, no email
Okay thanks. But I still don’t understand. You said there was a GU but you didn’t see any update. So I was wondering how you knew there was a GU. Also I noticed you’ve ordered for GCMS note. Please can you tell me how you ordered? Want to order mine

Drzee

Star Member
Dec 15, 2020
I often see people say they were able to call the office +1 888 242 2100,
but this is for those already in Canada, and when I call this from outside Canada (using Voip/Skype) - all I'm getting is "your number cannot be called as dialed"

I wonder if someone could explain how they are calling 888 number from abroad?
Try using dingtone
Was facing the same issue today
Dingtone worked for me

datguytomi

Nov 3, 2020
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra (Moved to RROC December 2021)
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
31-10-2020
File Transfer...
02-12-2021
Passport Req..
16-03-2022
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2022
LANDED..........
21-06-2022
Okay thanks. But I still don’t understand. You said there was a GU but you didn’t see any update. So I was wondering how you knew there was a GU. Also I noticed you’ve ordered for GCMS note. Please can you tell me how you ordered? Want to order mine
Yes I ordered for gcms online, check legalfalcon's signature you'll see some links. Also GU is when you log in, see Application/Profile Updated, open your profile and see changes e.g. we are processing your background check changes to "application in progress" etc. However, in my case, I logged in and saw Application/Profile updated but no changes in the profile whatsoever.

zchachar

Dec 1, 2017
AOR 14th October, 2020, have called IRCC twice, 1st call on 23rd December, office confirmed my eligibility has passed but criminality and security has not started, visa office CIO Sydney NS.

2nd call today 18th January, officer confirmed my file has been moved to London VO and he didn't tell status of any of the stages as he doesn't have access to my file.

Having the file moved to VO London means criminality and background check is complete or not? Received GU on 12th Jan.

Drzee

Star Member
Dec 15, 2020
AOR 14th October, 2020, have called IRCC twice, 1st call on 23rd December, office confirmed my eligibility has passed but criminality and security has not started, visa office CIO Sydney NS.

2nd call today 18th January, officer confirmed my file has been moved to London VO and he didn't tell status of any of the stages as he doesn't have access to my file.

Having the file moved to VO London means criminality and background check is complete or not? Received GU on 12th Jan.
What is your background status in the cic portal??

Risingstar13

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020

Any reason why the file moved to london office. Are you from london .? Just thinking in what scenerio does file goes out of canada

Preetam@BD

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
Hello Guys, Posting once again.

I called ICCRC yesterday and a Lovely lady from that end update me with the followings:

Eligibility: Passed
Criminality: In Progress
Security: Not Started
VO: Ottowa

Here are my questions.
Is this Eligibility pass R10 or the real Eligibility? If I am not mistaking, if the real Eligibility was passed my file would have moved to SGVO which is my LVO right?

FYI: My Background Check says "We are processing" from day 1 and has not changed since.

TIA

Rémi Beauséjours

Star Member
Oct 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
21-10-2020
Hello Guys, Posting once again.

I called ICCRC yesterday and a Lovely lady from that end update me with the followings:

Eligibility: Passed
Criminality: In Progress
Security: Not Started
VO: Ottowa

Here are my questions.
Is this Eligibility pass R10 or the real Eligibility? If I am not mistaking, if the real Eligibility was passed my file would have moved to SGVO which is my LVO right?

FYI: My Background Check says "We are processing" from day 1 and has not changed since.

TIA

hey.. it seems to be R10.. Criminality is usually in progress or passed before eligibility passed and later eligibility is passed with criminality changed back to not started with BGS set to in progress .. several members on this forum had the same experience. Better to give a call to double confirm if it was R10. Just pure personal assumptions though ... hope this helps u.

Preetam@BD

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
hey.. it seems to be R10.. Criminality is usually in progress or passed before eligibility passed and later eligibility is passed with criminality changed back to not started with BGS set to in progress .. several members on this forum had the same experience. Better to give a call to double confirm if it was R10. Just pure personal assumptions though ... hope this helps u.
Thanx for the reply. I used an app to call ICCRC and the line was really really bad. Hence, I didn't ask if it was R10 or Real eligibility. Some say it's not good to call them often. is it true? I do no plan to call them anymore before my 6month mark is over.

Rémi Beauséjours

Star Member
Oct 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
21-10-2020
Thanx for the reply. I used an app to call ICCRC and the line was really really bad. Hence, I didn't ask if it was R10 or Real eligibility. Some say it's not good to call them often. is it true? I do no plan to call them anymore before my 6month mark is over.
Call centre agents do not mark ur case red flag or take decisions based on the fréquence of ur calls. they are only paid to answer your enquiries. but you are right, out of courtesy and normal human good manners, we should not harrase them on a daily basis. Besides, it's a long wait, better not getting too worked up with all those processes. Leave things in time's good hands. But if you are of a worrying and sensitive nature, u can still call again so that you sleep better at night.

D

Deleted member 994371

According to legal falcon's website, https://www.getgcms.com/blog/express-entry-application-processed/ , eligibility is passed before Criminality begins.

Are you sure criminality is done before eligibility?

Can you please clarify @legalfalcon ?

Rémi Beauséjours

Star Member
Oct 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
21-10-2020
Reactions: blackknight12