+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>OCTOBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Nov 17, 2020
Guys, can anyone of you tell how to call IRCC on +18882422100 this number. I tried calling from India but after one ring the IVR says "your call cannot be completed as dialer". Did you take any international calling plan or from some other calling app?

I am 8th Oct AOR from India (FSW-O), MEP and BIL 25th Nov, gave biometrics in Dubai on 11th Jan 2021. Just wanted to confirm the status of my profile. I have never been able to call IRCC.
Hi,
Can you please share your experience for Dubai travel and biometrics appointment? My appointment is scheduled for next week and would really appreciate your help.

May 9, 2018
Hi,
Can you please share your experience for Dubai travel and biometrics appointment? My appointment is scheduled for next week and would really appreciate your help.
The whole experience is smooth as such, just ensure to take your negative Covid test report from an ICMR approved lab. Also keep the message related to COVID test that you get from the lab, sometimes the airlines ask about that. You may be required to wear face shield and PPE kit (middle seat) during the entire duration of the flight. Once you land at DXB, they will take your sample for COVID and put a sticker at the back of your passport (while they register you for a Covid test you need to provide a Dubai mobile number, you can ask some fellow passenger/ friend, whose number you can give for registration). However, you can download the report by scanning the QR code which they stick to the back of your passport.

The result comes within 12 hrs (mine took this much tie, could be more/less for different cases), once the results are out, download your report and ask the hotel to give a printout of same. Then you are free to go outside.

I would suggest you to leave with sufficient time at hand (I travelled by metro and left 2 hours before for Wafi mall, however my travel time was ~1 hour. Bonus here is that they may allow you to give your biometrics earlier that your appointment time.

I am suggesting to leave with enough time in hand coz finding the Wafi mall entrance and VFS global office is a bit difficult. Rest everything is smooth.

While returning, make sure you return to India within 72 hrs of the Covid test timing of Dubai, otherwise you may have to get a retest done, which will cost 150-200 AED in Dubai or 3400 INR in Delhi.

You can try filling the self declaration and quarantine exemption online on air suvidha (which I tried but was not able to do). If not able to do, it can be done at the airport itself. After landing in Delhi, it can take around 1 hour or more with all formalities that are in place right now.

Hope this helps, you can ask if you have any specific queries.

PS: I took 2000 AED cash, however, no one enquired about it. You can take it partially as a forex card as well (better exchange rate) and partial cash.

chaz_dance

Star Member
Jan 14, 2021
I am in Canada and trying to contact IRCC for an update on my status and to see if my address was changed after I sent a webform over month ago. Does anyone have any tips for getting through, as it keeps saying they are too busy to transfer me?

D

Deleted member 994371

Guys, can anyone of you tell how to call IRCC on +18882422100 this number. I tried calling from India but after one ring the IVR says "your call cannot be completed as dialer". Did you take any international calling plan or from some other calling app?

I am 8th Oct AOR from India (FSW-O), MEP and BIL 25th Nov, gave biometrics in Dubai on 11th Jan 2021. Just wanted to confirm the status of my profile. I have never been able to call IRCC.
See this thread to call IRCC from outside Canada:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/i-called-ircc-from-india.701952/

I called +1 905-612-5416 using Google Hangouts. It works but takes a long time (45 mins on hold plus 1 hour just to ring to that number because it's busy most of the time).

Dec 21, 2020
Question: I am currently located in the US but I plan to move to my home country in a couple of months. My application is in progress. Is it okay to move to a different country at this moment? Will this affect my application in any way?

Nov 17, 2020
Question: I am currently located in the US but I plan to move to my home country in a couple of months. My application is in progress. Is it okay to move to a different country at this moment? Will this affect my application in any way?
No, that should be fine. Even I did that. You just have to submit a webform to get your correspondence/current address updated. So that they will send you PPR for your current location.

Reactions: Ufuoma

GursharandeepD

Jan 14, 2021
Hi, My status bar just disappeared !!
Does it mean something or happened to anyone in the group ?
Details are as follows
AOR: 4 October 2020
Medical: 20 November 2020
Biometrics: 26 January 2021 ( yet to be submitted)

Nov 17, 2020
The whole experience is smooth as such, just ensure to take your negative Covid test ............card as well (better exchange rate) and partial cash.
Wow, thank you so much for detailed reply. This helps a lot and I am sure this will help others as well.
#1 I am presuming that the covid test they do at Dubai airport is free. Please correct me if that is not the case.
#2 Don’t they accept any other mobile number apart from Dubai? Kinda strange.
#3 Even I was not sure of carrying cash AED. Might carry some after all to pay for hotel at the least.
#4 My hotel is about 1.5 miles from Wafi mall and appointment is first thing in the morning. Hopefully won’t have to leave that early.
Thanks again for your super detailed reply. :)

May 9, 2018
Wow, thank you so much for detailed reply. This helps a lot and I am sure this will help others as well.
#1 I am presuming that the covid test they do at Dubai airport is free. Please correct me if that is not the case.
#2 Don’t they accept any other mobile number apart from Dubai? Kinda strange.
#3 Even I was not sure of carrying cash AED. Might carry some after all to pay for hotel at the least.
#4 My hotel is about 1.5 miles from Wafi mall and appointment is first thing in the morning. Hopefully won’t have to leave that early.
Thanks again for your super detailed reply. :)
1. The test is free, but if you plan to stay beyond 72 hrs after the date and time mentioned in test report, you'll have to get another test otherwise at Delhi they'll ask you to either Quarantine or get the test done.
2. Yes it is strange, but that's how it is. I even told them that I don't know anyone here but still you need to give a Dubai mobile number, so I gave the number of a fellow passenger. Save their whatsapp number as well so that they can send you the message they get for your report on their number.
3. It is better to carry cash as some places don't accept card, for paying at hotel you can use forex card
4. Don't need to leave very early though.