Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

Can you please assist with my query?

I had filed an application for temporary visa but later withdrawn it after a month. I got request for form IMM 5669. There was a question there that if I have ever been refused any permanent resident visa or temporary visa to Canada. I answered No to that. My previous UCI has been updated on the file automatically.

Is withdrawing the application same as being refused? What should have I answered, please? I am scared. I did write an LOE while submitting the EAPR that I had previously applied for a TRV.

Thanks
The answer will be no, as it was never refused and you withdrew it. You can explain it in a LoE or in the application if there is space.

Doz

Dec 13, 2020
Hello...Please what does it mean by Eligibility decision not made yet....is it in progress or not started? Cos the agent kept saying that's what he could see on my file when I asked if it's not started or in progress. Any idea?
[/QUOTE]

MannJay2010

Star Member
Dec 4, 2020
@legalfalcon : Will request your thoughts in getting this clarified please. Or if someone else knows an answer to this kindly share your thoughts.

Does someone in our group has an answer to this :

The GCMS Notes generally arrive in 30-40 days from the day of ordering and Webform around 2 weeks.
My query is regarding the date on which the status is picked and shared. The snapshot of the application status will be of which day?

As in if someone orders GCMS Notes on 1st Nov and gets on 5 Dec , so the application status picked will be of approximately which date ????

1. When we ordered the notes (1st Nov)
2. The day we received them (5th Dec)
3. Or somewhere in the middle (20th Nov)

Just wondering if GCMS Notes takes 1-1.5 months , so won't they be 1-1.5 months old and show 1-1.5 month old application status ?

Not sure what benefit will it give to order GCMs notes of they will give 1-2 months old application status.

Same way , the Webform response comes in 2 weeks ,so does that mean the status will be latest as of the day when one recieves the Webform response ? Or it will be of the day when one raised a Webform ?

Can someone pls clarify ?

Thanks in Advance !!!!!

DaporDapor

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
Hello
I submitted my e-APR and even received my biometric letters. In the letter I noticed my name was printed only first and last name. That's when I realized I have typed my first name in the given name section without including my middle name. How can I rectify this issue?

Doz

Dec 13, 2020
Hello...Please what does it mean by Eligibility decision not made yet....is it in progress or not started? Cos the agent kept saying that's what he could see on my file when I asked if it's not started or in progress. Any idea?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon : Will request your thoughts in getting this clarified please. Or if someone else knows an answer to this kindly share your thoughts.

Does someone in our group has an answer to this :

The GCMS Notes generally arrive in 30-40 days from the day of ordering and Webform around 2 weeks.
My query is regarding the date on which the status is picked and shared. The snapshot of the application status will be of which day?

As in if someone orders GCMS Notes on 1st Nov and gets on 5 Dec , so the application status picked will be of approximately which date ????

1. When we ordered the notes (1st Nov)
2. The day we received them (5th Dec)
3. Or somewhere in the middle (20th Nov)

Just wondering if GCMS Notes takes 1-1.5 months , so won't they be 1-1.5 months old and show 1-1.5 month old application status ?

Not sure what benefit will it give to order GCMs notes of they will give 1-2 months old application status.

Same way , the Webform response comes in 2 weeks ,so does that mean the status will be latest as of the day when one recieves the Webform response ? Or it will be of the day when one raised a Webform ?

Can someone pls clarify ?

Thanks in Advance !!!!!

IRCC like any other agency will not provide real time information. The GCMS notes are released and processed under the Access to Information Act, and as per section 7 of the Act they have to be released within 30 days. Section 7 states:

Where access to a record is requested under this Part, the head of the government institution to which the request is made shall, subject to sections 8 and 9, within 30 days after the request is received,
Usually the GCMS notes are generated a few days after the request is filed, and it is as on the date of generation how the application looks like is captured in the Notes. The date of note generation is available at the bottom of each page of the GCMS notes. This is usually 1-2 weeks before the GCMS notes are released.

It is option 3.

There is a lot of difference between the webform and GCMS notes. GCMS notes provides an in-depth overview of your application and has the officer's notes, which are vital and are the only most accurate source to know the progress and status of your application. See https://bit.ly/37gINfx

The webform responses are just generic and may not provide your with what you are looking for. In many cases the webform responses are ambiguous making it difficult to know the progress of your application. see https://bit.ly/3qXfkyY

Reactions: dinkarinjosh

srinianurag90

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Hi, I had passed Medicals on Nov 26, 2020 with AOR dated Oct 15, 2020. Now, when I check my status, it says;
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Is this normal? I did see a GU yesterday...

MannJay2010

Star Member
Dec 4, 2020
Hi, I had passed Medicals on Nov 26, 2020 with AOR dated Oct 15, 2020. Now, when I check my status, it says;
[/QUOTE]
Are you done with your biometrics ?
Country of residence ?
Inland/Outland applicant ?
FSW or PNP ?

My AOR is 16th Oct and medicals passed 27th Nov. I just checked and for me the message hasn't changed. I am a FSW Outland Indian Applicant.

Reactions: srinianurag90

Manto

Feb 18, 2020
Hi all,
AOR oct 19
I called ircc today, agent said to me;
Eligibility passed
Criminality passed
Medical passed
Biometrics exempted( already had)
Background in process
Security not started

can anyone help me, what this Security step includes and how long it takes??
Thanks in advance

Raj_aud

Aug 23, 2020
Hi all,
AOR oct 19
I called ircc today, agent said to me;
Eligibility passed
Criminality passed
Medical passed
Biometrics exempted( already had)
Background in process
Security not started

can anyone help me, what this Security step includes and how long it takes??
Thanks in advance
congrats!!Are you inland or outland? FSW or CEC or something else.

Reactions: Kerikeri

srinianurag90

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Are you done with your biometrics ?
Country of residence ?
Inland/Outland applicant ?
FSW or PNP ?

My AOR is 16th Oct and medicals passed 27th Nov. I just checked and for me the message hasn't changed. I am a FSW Outland Indian Applicant.
[/QUOTE]
Biometrics - Given in the last 10 years and updated
Canada
CEC Inland