+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>OCTOBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

modish.mink

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Hello Everyone!
Good luck to us all with our PR applications.

Please, I want to ask a question. I have 3 years 7 months experience in two different NOC. I used one as my primary NOC (6235) and the other to claim work experience points( 0122). However, a friend just informed me that the duties listed under 0122 does not match the duties on my work reference letter. Will my application be rejected for NOC mismatch?
I think the work experience points have to be claimed against the primary NOC only.

ShivaIonside

Oct 22, 2020
Category: FSW
ITA: Sep 16
AOR: October 21
Medical and PCC (upfront)

While patiently waiting for the PR to be processed ,(which could easily take anywhere from 9 to 12 months.) My Question is regarding work permit visa as after a lot of struggle; I've managed to secure a job offer (in Manitoba.) Just wanted to know will I get a work permit based on job offer or do I need LMIA and all that stuff. Second question is does that have any impact on my PR application?

Thanks.

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
Just to confirm, no one has received MEP (Medicals Passed) or BIL yet?
I submitted on October 5th, and nothing yet.

sarikavats

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
Just to confirm, no one has received MEP (Medicals Passed) or BIL yet?
I submitted on October 5th, and nothing yet.
We have same timeline. Nothing yet. Something should come after 7th Nov or so. Let's see. You are based out of which country?

MJ Mumbai

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Category: FSW
ITA: 8th July
AOR: 1st Oct
Medical and PCC : Given upfront
Biometrics: Had submitted last year during Temporary visa issue so I guess they will not need it again.

No update since submission on 1st Oct. I know its a little early to ask for update but views on timeline / experience of people would help.
Please share experiences in terms of time lines.
so I have heard about these 'Ghost Updates'. I think I had received one but not sure.
For Background Check it says " We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information".
Is this the standard message or is there a change ? I cant figure out if there is a change.

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
so I have heard about these 'Ghost Updates'. I think I had received one but not sure.
For Background Check it says " We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information".
Is this the standard message or is there a change ? I cant figure out if there is a change.
Standard.

venky23

Oct 27, 2020
Hello Everyone...Hope you all are doing well!
We learned yesterday that my wife is pregnant and currently on Closed work permit who is the primary applicant. Our AOR is on Oct 05th through CEC and upfront medicals in August.
Just wanted to understand if there would be any impact on the PR application and the steps to be taken ahead.
Appreciate all your valuable suggestions. Thankyou.

dsr_wny

Oct 26, 2020
a. As long as your have sent it, it will be fine.

b. No. IRCC uses UCI, application number, and date of birth to locate your application. Instead, you can call IRCC and inquire of they have received the documents and added them to the file.
Thank you for the response!

I had to submit additional documents through the webform (after AOR). Now I am wondering if it would look bad that I didn't upload them all initially? I haven't heard anything from the webform submissions so far (will I be able to see the documents in my application once they process it?)

Should I withdraw my application and reapply again with all documents correctly? They haven't started processing it as yet. I guess I would have to start from 0 and wait for ITA (CRS score 488) and I should be able to ask my doctor to reupload the medical to the new Client ID/Application? WES and CELPIP scores are still valid. Anything else I should consider for reapplying?

I just got nervous reading all the stories of rejection on this forum. Is it worth waiting with the current application or to reapply?

Thanks to all who patiently reply in the forum!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you for the response!

I had to submit additional documents through the webform (after AOR). Now I am wondering if it would look bad that I didn't upload them all initially? I haven't heard anything from the webform submissions so far (will I be able to see the documents in my application once they process it?)

Should I withdraw my application and reapply again with all documents correctly? They haven't started processing it as yet. I guess I would have to start from 0 and wait for ITA (CRS score 488) and I should be able to ask my doctor to reupload the medical to the new Client ID/Application? WES and CELPIP scores are still valid. Anything else I should consider for reapplying?

I just got nervous reading all the stories of rejection on this forum. Is it worth waiting with the current application or to reapply?

Thanks to all who patiently reply in the forum!

There is nothing a looking bad. You have to file a complete application, and if you missed some documents, you can send them later, which seems you did.

There is no point withdrawing at this point since you have already submitted your application.

When you submit an application, you have to file a complete application, with all supporting documents. If a document is missing, without an explanation, then your application can be rejected. Since you have submitted all documents, just wait.

To read on the stages of an application, see https://bit.ly/31MWO1h

Reactions: dsr_wny

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Any rough timeline for PNP outland candidates?
The medicals timeline is usually the same for everyone and depends on when your panel physician transmits the medical records to IRCC.

The general processing times for all programs have increased. As per the 2019 annual report the average time now is 8-9 months, and this was pre-covid.

<https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/express-entry-year-end-report-2019.html>

How long did it take to process an Express Entry application?
Table 35 displays the time, in months, that IRCC took to process 80% of applications under each program. In 2019, IRCC did not meet the processing standard of finalizing 80% of all applications sourced via Express Entry within six months. The processing time for Express Entry, overall, was eight months. As an alternative measure of processing times, 60% of applications finalized in the 12-month period ending on December 31, 2019, were completed within the six-month service standard.

Table 35: Processing Times for Express Entry applications finalized by year and immigration category, in months
Program201720182019
Canadian Experience Class457
Federal Skilled Worker469
Provincial/Territorial Nominee669
Federal Skilled Trades6712
All Programs558

Subsequent to this, IRCC also published the evaluation of Express Entry upon the completion of 5 years of express entry in May 2020. A lot of recommendation have been made in it.