Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
08-10-2020
Passport Req..
17-03-2022
VISA ISSUED...
18-04-2022
Got an update today in my IRCC portal. Final decision says that the application was approved. There is also information about the document number and the expiry day for COPR.
Thanks for the update. Mine is still received by IRCC and under process since March 31. No update in the portal either. May be I'll see something tomorrow or by the end of this week. You'll now have to wait for your passport to be sent back to VAC and then shipped to you. Good Luck.

Bica

Dec 29, 2020
Seems many of us have a big progress except me. My AOR is Oct2020 and didn't get any updates. Any one is in the same boat with me?

Reactions: HA1986

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Congratulations! Almost identical ADR timeline as me, hopefully I get lucky in the next couple of weeks. Did you see any ghost updates after you submitted your ADR?

As for your question, I think you should send your passport to the VFS mentioned in your email. If you have moved to a new country, you should let IRCC know by webform/email so they can issue you a new PPR. It's not clear to me what the rules are if you are just visiting a different country. Maybe @legalfalcon can help.

I would suggest go back to Egypt and finish the process there, to be on the safer side.
If you want to submit your passport from a country other than the one you applied form, you will have to inform IRCC and wait for new instructions. Also, this can take 3-7 weeks, so make sure that you are in that country for that long.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon What is generally the expiry date on Copr ?

AOR: 30th October 2020
Medicals Approved Again : 30th March 2022

Didn’t do remedical.
COPR does not have an expiry date. The date on the COPR only denotes the date on or before which you have to land in Canada. It is usually 30 days but can be more based on your individual circumstances. It will usually correspond with the PR visa issued to you if you are not from a visa-exempt country.

chimamaka

Oct 2, 2021
It's quite surprising that people aren't calling out the IRCC for their exploitative requirements and ways. How is it that a PR applicant who applied alone has to do medicals all over again, retake the ielts, and pay for other family members medicals as well even if the family members do not intend to travel at the same time as the pr applicant. All these cost money which is not that easy to come by especially with everyone recovering from the pandemic and the current economic crisis. These people need us as much as we need them if not more, why are we not protesting these exploitative requirements?

bmthanki

Feb 3, 2021
COPR does not have an expiry date. The date on the COPR only denotes the date on or before which you have to land in Canada. It is usually 30 days but can be more based on your individual circumstances. It will usually correspond with the PR visa issued to you if you are not from a visa-exempt country.
@legalfalcon So what would be the date which you need to land in Canada ? My medicals were reapproved on 30th March 2022. Also to maintain the PR status we need to stay in Canada for 2 years in last 5 years. So when does this 5 year period start ? The day we land in Canada under COPR or the day COPR is stamped ?

FurioGiunta

Nov 18, 2020
Hi everyone!
Maybe someone can clarify... About two weeks ago, my biometrics changed to "completed" (after almost 1.5 years of waiting).
So, my questions are:
1) Could this change mean that my criminality check / security screening was finalized or was it just an officer just uploaded my fingerprints?
2) I know that my eligibility stage was passed in Apr, 2021, so, am I at IP2?
3) When to expect a RFV?
1. It is difficult to infer what it means. Your best bet would be calling IRCC or ordering GCMS.
2. IP2 refers to the stage when the Background Check status on your profile changes to "We are processing your background check..." from "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check". Note that IP2 stage is neither necessary nor sufficient for background checks to commence. I think it is generally believed that if you in IP2, your eligibility has conclusively passed and your security checks are about to begin.
3. That's the million dollar question. All I can say is hopefully soon.

Reactions: VVV62

snow2_00_2

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
Medicals finally updated on my profile today. However my background check status also changed to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check". I think previously it was "We are processing your background check...". Is this normal to happen with medical update?
Congrats!!! I am still waiting for mine to be updated. There seems no movement at all.

Reactions: FurioGiunta

naveenjohn94

Jun 4, 2020
Thanks for the update. Mine is still received by IRCC and under process since March 31. No update in the portal either. May be I'll see something tomorrow or by the end of this week. You'll now have to wait for your passport to be sent back to VAC and then shipped to you. Good Luck.
Just got the letter accompanying the Visa update in the portal. Hoping to get my passport back in a couple of days :)

Amendosmith

Mar 18, 2022
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
08-10-2020
Passport Req..
17-03-2022
VISA ISSUED...
18-04-2022
Just got the letter accompanying the Visa update in the portal. Hoping to get my passport back in a couple of days :)
Did you get an email when the counterfoil was generated?

Amendosmith

Mar 18, 2022
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
08-10-2020
Passport Req..
17-03-2022
VISA ISSUED...
18-04-2022
yes :)
April 5: Updated your application --> Status changed to approved and Counterfoil info in portal
April 7: Updated your application --> Letter accompanying visa
Gotcha.. Then I don't have to blindly check the portal every hour for an update :D I'll just keep an eye out for the email.