Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
24-06-2022
VISA ISSUED...
11 July 2022
LANDED..........
N.A.
I don't mind the waiting, it's the uncertainty that's killing me.

These elections make our fate completely unpredictable. Last time conservatives came into power, they cancelled all pending applications.

I know people say there is nothing to worry but when these people are hell bent on making something happen, they can enact new laws and regulations to make anything happen.

They may look at 30,000 FSW pending applications and go "F**k it. Let's cancel all pending applications and make them start all over again as per new rules."

That will be one way to clear the backlog.
Yes it has no doubt, I was bear that burnt in 2012 they cancelled my FSW application applied in 2008.

DonDinod

Aug 16, 2021
I don't mind the waiting, it's the uncertainty that's killing me.

These elections make our fate completely unpredictable. Last time conservatives came into power, they cancelled all pending applications.

I know people say there is nothing to worry but when these people are hell bent on making something happen, they can enact new laws and regulations to make anything happen.

They may look at 30,000 FSW pending applications and go "F**k it. Let's cancel all pending applications and make them start all over again as per new rules."

That will be one way to clear the backlog.
I don't think this will be possible now. A lot of us have passed Eligibility, Criminality, Security and Info Sharing complete. They can't cancel our applications even if the Conservatives take over.

D

Deleted member 994371

I don't think this will be possible now. A lot of us have passed Eligibility, Criminality, Security and Info Sharing complete. They can't cancel our applications even if the Conservatives take over.

You need "Approved" in the final field before you are considered approved. Otherwise your application is still "pending".

Back in 2012, they cancelled all pending applications.

I am sorry for being such a negative Nancy but our fate hangs in the balance due to the elections. We will only find out on 20th of September.

The only FSWers being approved right now are the ones who filed their application before March 2020.

I pray that the status quo is maintained in the Canadian government. If we don't see applications being approved after elections are over, you can bet they are thinking of something that might be ominous for us.

DonDinod

Aug 16, 2021
You need "Approved" in the final field before you are considered approved. Otherwise your application is still "pending".

I am sorry for being such a negative Nancy but our fate hangs in the balance due to the elections. We will only find out on 20th of September.

The only FSWers being approved right now are the ones who filed their application before March 2020.

I pray that the status quo is maintained in the Canadian government. If we don't see applications being approved after elections are over, you can bet they are thinking of something that might be ominous for us.
I believe the conservatives won't cancel pending applications, they will only make changes to future applicants and current programmes. Probably reduce the number of immigrant they accept each year. Will they refund our money when they cancel all pending applications? Because it will cost the government a lot of money to do that.

ravla

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
LoL, if you want to speculate, fine, but be sensible.

anyone should know that there is no chance of a conservative government. It only comes down to whether the Liberal would have a majority or not.

Canadianblood

Aug 26, 2020

Mr Doom predictor, may it be unto you according to your words. Just don't go about spreading evil report to make people sad/panic. You insisting your application will be cancelled doesn't make it any more a truth. Kindly keeping hoping for what you want for your application. Shalom!

datguytomi

Nov 3, 2020
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra (Moved to RROC December 2021)
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
31-10-2020
File Transfer...
02-12-2021
Passport Req..
16-03-2022
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2022
LANDED..........
21-06-2022
Mr Doom predictor, may it be unto you according to your words. Just don't go about spreading evil report to make people sad/panic. You insisting your application will be cancelled doesn't make it any more a truth. Kindly keeping hoping for what you want for your application. Shalom!
This is abit harsh. I think he/she is just panicking. Nobody's application will be canceled. Let us do our best to encourage one another even as we are getting mentally exhausted from this experience.

Reactions: Airhulafe

datguytomi

Nov 3, 2020
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
31-10-2020
File Transfer...
02-12-2021
Passport Req..
16-03-2022
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2022
LANDED..........
21-06-2022

Don't let panic & fear make you negative.

KPChambly83

Star Member
Mar 27, 2021
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03Oct20
Med's Done....
03-10-2020
Ok, I'm officially fed up with this wait.

I've been patient,
▪︎ understood the necessities for them to reach the population vaccination goals,
▪︎ understood that they wanted to give the chance for those CEC living inland " working hard " along Canadians to keep the country rolling
▪︎ undertood the difficulties their VACs were facing in different countries to be able to come to work

BUT it's been 11 months !!!! The world has found a way to move forward despite Covid.

It was new for all of us, then we adapted. How can a G7 country still saying " because of Covid " we cannot..

That was in 2020, we're in 2021. Canada has one of the highest vaccination rates around.

Why inviting us with an ITA if they had no plans to finalise those applications? What's the big secret that their Communications team nor their IRCC minister can't come forward with a clear message on when a resolution will be given and backlogs tackled not only for those pending since 2019 or prior March 2020.

We all invested time, energy, money and family hopes and dreams in this project and still nothing ?!

Even better, no responses to webforms which I have have sent them - 1 in July and after the 30 days another one sent in August, still waiting on an answer..

If we were to give such a service with so many online public complaints, the company would have lost its clientele to the competitor + would have had to refund you back the fees with a written apology.

Sorry for the long text, needed to vent. My positivity and patience has reached its end.

McGillU

May 18, 2020
Ok, I'm officially fed up with this wait.

I've been patient,
▪︎ understood the necessities for them to reach the population vaccination goals,
▪︎ understood that they wanted to give the chance for those CEC living inland " working hard " along Canadians to keep the country rolling
▪︎ undertood the difficulties their VACs were facing in different countries to be able to come to work

BUT it's been 11 months !!!! The world has found a way to move forward despite Covid.

It was new for all of us, then we adapted. How can a G7 country still saying " because of Covid " we cannot..

That was in 2020, we're in 2021. Canada has one of the highest vaccination rates around.

Why inviting us with an ITA if they had no plans to finalise those applications? What's the big secret that their Communications team nor their IRCC minister can't come forward with a clear message on when a resolution will be given and backlogs tackled not only for those pending since 2019 or prior March 2020.

We all invested time, energy, money and family hopes and dreams in this project and still nothing ?!

Even better, no responses to webforms which I have have sent them - 1 in July and after the 30 days another one sent in August, still waiting on an answer..

If we were to give such a service with so many online public complaints, the company would have lost its clientele to the competitor + would have had to refund you back the fees with a written apology.

Sorry for the long text, needed to vent. My positivity and patience has reached its end.
Same here. I just applied gcms notes and got an automatic reply saying 'we have shifted our resources to Afghan situation' which is understandable. But what I feel is that first Covid and now this, seems like they have found another excuse to delay the applications.

KPChambly83

Star Member
Mar 27, 2021
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03Oct20
Med's Done....
03-10-2020
Same here. I just applied gcms notes and got an automatic reply saying 'we have shifted our resources to Afghan situation' which is understandable. But what I feel is that first Covid and now this, seems like they have found another excuse to delay the applications.
Exactly when in reality from what I have read on some disappointed when not angry twitter reactions, instead of the 20,000 people they initially planned to evacuate from Afghanistan, they did not even manage 4000.

So does that mean to say that because of these 4000 refugees their whole department of 7304 permanent employees is now blocked?? Come on let's be real.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration,_Refugees_and_Citizenship_Canada#:~:text=12 External links-,Organization,and 7304 in 2020–2021.

datguytomi

Nov 3, 2020
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
31-10-2020
File Transfer...
02-12-2021
Passport Req..
16-03-2022
VISA ISSUED...
06-04-2022
LANDED..........
21-06-2022
September is a big month of FSW! The anticipated September 7th & September 20th for the election. Hoping both dates favor us all.