Star Member
Oct 11, 2020
Hello, I'am new here.
ITA September
AOR 10 october
Medical update 19 november
PCC requested 19 November
Fingerprinting done 20 november
Bar is 25% with Background : We are processing your background check...

Do you think I might be closed from PPR? That would be great!
No. Many more steps yet to be completed.

stefi2020

Nov 23, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Aor October 10th 2020
Doc's Request.
Rcmp
AOR Received.
October 10th 2020
Med's Request
November 20th 2020

Josh@v

Star Member
Oct 11, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon and seniors,
Approximately around what time of the processing does the eligibility come as recommended passed
And recommended time to order first GCMS notes?

PremN

Nov 22, 2020
MIssissauga Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Category : CEC Inland
AOR: October 12
Medicals: Passed
BIL: not require
Asked for RCMP.

When I checked :
https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/steps-getting-a-certified-criminal-record-check

In step2 :
Applications for immigration to Canada
– In the "Name and Address of Contributing Agency/Department" portion of the form, you must include the name and address of the Canadian Immigration Center, Embassy, Consulate or High Commission handling the case.

How to get this information

Any one did this, please suggest.
I think this is for Canadian criminal background check ...if you go to any RCMP center, they will take fingerprint and send it to police verification and couple of weeks later you will get the police certificate by mail..

Reactions: Aspire4PR

modish.mink

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
FSW Outland folks in India, any news of the VFS offices opening up for taking biometrics in any of the cities?

JNAIR1529

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
FSW Outland folks in India, any news of the VFS offices opening up for taking biometrics in any of the cities?
+1 on the above question, looking for some info on this myself. The VAC/VFS offices in India are only accepting priority applicants (Family class, students) for Biometrics as of this week I think.

Reactions: modish.mink

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon and seniors,
Approximately around what time of the processing does the eligibility come as recommended passed
And recommended time to order first GCMS notes?

When to order GCMS notes?

The GCMS refer to the programmed called Global Case Management System (GCMS) used by IRCC that holds the entire processing record of your application, including the the notes pertaining to eligibility by an officer evaluating your file.

All applications go through the following stages:

R10
Medicals
Criminality
Eligibility
Security

R10 or the completeness check is the first stage of the processing, wherein it is verified that your application is complete and all documents are submitted. Filing a complete application is the responsibility of the application, and if a document is missing, a reason and an exemption request should be filed.

If an application is incomplete, it will be rejected. R10 usually happens within 30-45 days of filing your application, around the time when medicals are passed. The exact date will be available in your GCMS notes.

There is no point requesting GCMS notes at this stage, since if your application is incomplete, it will be rejected anyway, and for the medicals, the MyCIC account does inform you of when your meds are passed.

GCMS notes become important only for the eligibility stage, which does not start until 3-4 months. Eligibility takes place in 2 stages. First a case assistant or an analyst will review and make a recommendation. This is then reviewed by an officer who makes the final decision on the eligibility. Since each document you submitted has to be reviewed twice, this is the most time consuming stage.

Only for this stage are the GCMS notes relevant. Lately applicants have started requesting GCMS notes within first 1-2 months, which is not the right thing in my opinion.

While GCMS is a great tool, use it sparingly and only after 3-4 months have expired.

To read more on stages of an application: https://bit.ly/2J1vEgO

To read on GCMS notes generally see the thread: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/all-about-gcms-how-to-order-read-general-questions-answered.482200/

modish.mink

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
+1 on the above question, looking for some info on this myself. The VAC/VFS offices in India are only accepting priority applicants (Family class, students) for Biometrics as of this week I think.
They might be opening things up in a phased manner I suppose.

swapanathorat

Apr 5, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
9 Oct 2020
Med's Request
07-09-2021
Med's Done....
20-0-1981
Update:
CEC inland,
AOR: 06 Oct
MEP & BIL: 17th Nov
BIL Call: 23rd Nov
BIL done: 24th Nov & updated right away in CIC profile.
Whats your location?