India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Category: FSW
ITA: September 30
AOR: October 10
Upfront medicals + PCC

How long it take to receive Biometric Instructions Letter?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
ITA: September 30
AOR: October 10
Upfront medicals + PCC

How long it take to receive Biometric Instructions Letter?
The first change your will see would be the medicals passed and it will show up in your MyCIC account.

Around this time the R10 is also passed. To read on stages of an application see https://bit.ly/3dLqwsl

After MEP, the BIL is sent which is apps 45 days post AoR.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Last edited:

cmingles

Star Member
May 2, 2019
Just checked my account and current status was "Account updated" but didn't receive any email. No messages either but I noticed that Background check was changed to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

ZxB

Oct 10, 2020
Just checked my account and current status was "Account updated" but didn't receive any email. No messages either but I noticed that Background check was changed to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."
Did your UCI Number Update?

I have been monitoring my account as well, and as long as I can recall (since Oct 1 AOR), nothing shifted in the verbiage for the 7 details in the Application Status section. Similarly, Background Check has always had the status of "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

cmingles

Star Member
May 2, 2019
Did your UCI Number Update?

I have been monitoring my account as well, and as long as I can recall (since Oct 1 AOR), nothing shifted in the verbiage for the 7 details in the Application Status section. Similarly, Background Check has always had the status of "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."
No, it's still the same.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Criminality check and security check are both a part of background check and when these stages are processed for your file you will see the change in myCIC and the message you observed. That's a good sign!

ShivaIonside

Oct 22, 2020
ITA: 16th September
AOR: 21st October
Medical and PCC : Given upfront

<I've recently contacted my Consultant asking How long it's taking to get COPR these days as per her knowledge. She replied with 10 months or more. Is she true or have lost her mind completely?
Feedback will be appreciated.>

(Hoping that the process will get smooth enough after VAC's and CPC reopen with swift operations.
Good luck to the rest of aspirants.):)

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
ITA: 16th September
AOR: 21st October
Medical and PCC : Given upfront

<I've recently contacted my Consultant asking How long it's taking to get COPR these days as per her knowledge. She replied with 10 months or more. Is she true or have lost her mind completely?
Feedback will be appreciated.>

(Hoping that the process will get smooth enough after VAC's and CPC reopen with swift operations.
Good luck to the rest of aspirants.):)
How long did it take to process an Express Entry application?

Table 35 displays the time, in months, that IRCC took to process 80% of applications under each program. In 2019, IRCC did not meet the processing standard of finalizing 80% of all applications sourced via Express Entry within six months. The processing time for Express Entry, overall, was eight months. As an alternative measure of processing times, 60% of applications finalized in the 12-month period ending on December 31, 2019, were completed within the six-month service standard.

Table 35: Processing Times for Express Entry applications finalized by year and immigration category, in months

Program201720182019
Canadian Experience Class457
Federal Skilled Worker469
Provincial/Territorial Nominee669
Federal Skilled Trades6712
All Programs558
Source: CIC_EDW (MBR) as of January 3, 2020
Data is operational and as such should be considered preliminary and subject to change.

• Processing times refer to the time in which 80% of applications were finalized by IRCC. The processing time is measured from the day a complete application is received until the time a final decision is made by an immigration officer.
Source : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/express-entry-year-end-report-2019.html

Reactions: ShivaIonside

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
its an error/glitch. that msg comes after eligibility is passed. his uci even hasnt changed, how can his background chk start? after r10, his background chk will reverse to "we will let you know once we start eligbility" and after biomtrics "it will change to we are reviewing your background"
Right @Teen Titans Go! , if the UCI has not even changed then it does not make sense.

rajsandhu1989

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2020
Med's Done....
24-11-2020
Hello everyone.
Best wishes for all of you pr.

I have one question. When i filed my pr application in the question Have you ever applied to IRCC before? I wrote Yes, considering that i appiled for ITA and i got the ITA. Also, I wrote uci number of my express entry profile which i got after ITA.

now someone told me that, it was wrong and it can cause misrepresentation.

Should i fill the webform to make it clear that it was by mistake?

leobeni

Star Member
Dec 19, 2019
Hey Folks,

Here's an update from my end
Category: FSW PNP (SINP)
ITA: Aug 20
AOR: Oct 20
Upfront medicals + PCC

Hope the avg processing time improves in coming months...
All the best to everyone in the queue..

Reactions: legalfalcon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello everyone.
Best wishes for all of you pr.

I have one question. When i filed my pr application in the question Have you ever applied to IRCC before? I wrote Yes, considering that i appiled for ITA and i got the ITA. Also, I wrote uci number of my express entry profile which i got after ITA.

now someone told me that, it was wrong and it can cause misrepresentation.

Should i fill the webform to make it clear that it was by mistake?

Creating a profile and getting an ITA against which you submit your PR application is not applying to IRCC. You answer yes to the question only if your have submitted an application to IRCC for any visa before.

If you have never submitted any application with IRCC, you will not have a UCI number. UCI stands for “unique client identifier.” It is also known as a client identification number (client ID). It’s on official documents you get from us. It has either:

• four numbers, a hyphen and four more numbers (Example: 0000-0000) or
  • two numbers, a hyphen, four numbers, a hyphen and four more numbers (Example: 00-0000-0000)
If you have submitted any application for any visa before to IRCC, you will have a UCI number and the UCI number remains the same no matter how many applications you submit.

The UCI number you see in your MyCIC account when you submit your application starting with CAN12345 is a temporary UCI which will change to the format listed above.

If you have been allocated a UCI number then the same will be reflected. If not, then a new one will be allocated. Either way, this is not misrepresentation.

rajsandhu1989

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2020
Med's Done....
24-11-2020
Creating a profile and getting an ITA against which you submit your PR application is not applying to IRCC. You answer yes to the question only if your have submitted an application to IRCC for any visa before.

If you have never submitted any application with IRCC, you will not have a UCI number. UCI stands for “unique client identifier.” It is also known as a client identification number (client ID). It’s on official documents you get from us. It has either:

• four numbers, a hyphen and four more numbers (Example: 0000-0000) or
  • two numbers, a hyphen, four numbers, a hyphen and four more numbers (Example: 00-0000-0000)
If you have submitted any application for any visa before to IRCC, you will have a UCI number and the UCI number remains the same no matter how many applications you submit.

The UCI number you see in your MyCIC account when you submit your application starting with CAN12345 is a temporary UCI which will change to the format listed above.

If you have been allocated a UCI number then the same will be reflected. If not, then a new one will be allocated. Either way, this is not misrepresentation.
Thanks for quick reply.
So, I should not be worried about this.