+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

EPQ

Jul 13, 2020
Hey all,

My spouse just received Confirmation of Permanent Residency!

Our partial timeline:
Application received Oct 21, 2019
Sponsor Approval and Request for CSQ Dec 10
Biometrics Dec 11 2019
Medical passed Jan 17, 2020
CSQ Received July 7, 2020

Context: I am a Canadian citizen by birth, located in Québec. My spouse's country of origin is Scotland (UK citizen).

Good luck to all, I hope we all hear good news soon. :)

tizahu

Star Member
May 29, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Hey all,

Our partial timeline:
Biometrics Dec 11 2019

Context: I am a Canadian citizen by birth, located in Québec. My spouse's country of origin is Scotland (UK citizen).

Congrats! What VO?

Reactions: Yasminakb

canadan_

Jan 26, 2020
Hey all,

Our partial timeline:
Biometrics Dec 11 2019

Congrats! Which visa office was your app forwarded to?

Reactions: J2018

Yasminakb

Star Member
Nov 5, 2019
Hey all,

Our partial timeline:
Biometrics Dec 11 2019

BIG CONGRATS :)!! Which visa office?
Please tell me it’s the London Visa office

EPQ

Jul 13, 2020
In reply to the last three comments, thank you! And it was transferred to CPC Mississauga Dec 2019, but I don't know if it remained there for the remainder of processing or was treated at another visa office.

Reactions: canadan_

Canadacanadavisa

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
2021-06-14
AOR Received.
2021-11-09
VISA ISSUED...
18-02-2022
In reply to the last three comments, thank you! And it was transferred to CPC Mississauga Dec 2019, but I don't know if it remained there for the remainder of processing or was treated at another visa office.
Did you receive a pre arrival letter before the confirmation of PR ?

!123qweasd

Sep 2, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to connect with people who applied for Outland Spousal Sponsorship around Nov 2019.

Here is my timeline:

AOR1 Nov 2019
Sponsor Approval Dec 2019
Medical Jan 2020
Biometric Jan 2020

Application Forwarded to London Office Feb 2020
Application Received by London Office Sep 2020

Are there other people around who have such a huge gap between application forwarded to LVO and application received by LVO?

If the LVO received the application just today, then there is no way the 1 year processing timeline can be met right?

Thanks,

Nadster85

Oct 24, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to connect with people who applied for Outland Spousal Sponsorship around Nov 2019.

Here is my timeline:

AOR1 Nov 2019
Sponsor Approval Dec 2019
Medical Jan 2020
Biometric Jan 2020

Application Forwarded to London Office Feb 2020
Application Received by London Office Sep 2020

Are there other people around who have such a huge gap between application forwarded to LVO and application received by LVO?

If the LVO received the application just today, then there is no way the 1 year processing timeline can be met right?

Thanks,
This is exactly what I am really dreading. I hope that they start to speed up.

Tay123

Sep 3, 2020
Hey all,

Our partial timeline:
Biometrics Dec 11 2019

Congrats!!! This gives me hope because I am literally in the exact same position.
I am a Canadian citizen from Quebec and my fiance is Scottish. We received our CSQ in July and our VO is Mississauga.
We are both living in Ireland together, but thought we would be back in Canada by now and it's becoming increasingly difficult to be away from both of our families.
The only difference for us is that we still haven't received the medical request, so we feel even further behind. I hope they send that soon!

Has your spouse been in Scotland this whole time waiting for approval, or did he come to Canada at all?

Happy for you guys, this is really positive :)

Last edited:

EPQ

Jul 13, 2020
Congrats!!! This gives me hope because I am literally in the exact same position.
I am a Canadian citizen from Quebec and my fiance is Scottish. We received our CSQ in July and our VO is Mississauga.
We are both living in Ireland together, but thought we would be back in Canada by now and it's becoming increasingly difficult to be away from both of our families.
The only difference for us is that we still haven't received the medical request, so we feel even further behind. I hope they send that soon!

Has your spouse been in Scotland this whole time waiting for approval, or did he come to Canada at all?

Happy for you guys, this is really positive :)
Thank you!

Yes, my partner has been in Glasgow, though we of course visited regularly back and forth until the pandemic. Where in Ireland are you? In yet another connection between us, my parents are Irish and I was in the process of getting my Irish passport before COVID.

Go n-éirí leat!

tizahu

Star Member
May 29, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Thank you!

Yes, my partner has been in Glasgow, though we of course visited regularly back and forth until the pandemic. Where in Ireland are you? In yet another connection between us, my parents are Irish and I was in the process of getting my Irish passport before COVID.

Go n-éirí leat!
Did you receive one or more extensions for the CSQ? What was the deadline of the last extension?

From my GCMS notes, it shows an officer was supposed to review my file based on the deadline of that extension. That was a fee days ago, but maybe we can tell how far behind they might be.

Tay123

Sep 3, 2020
Thank you!

Go n-éirí leat!
That is such a small world!
I've been living in Dublin for the past 4 years and my fiance joined me 6 months into our relationship. It was perfect because we could both work here, but my visa is coming to an end and we're keen to get settled.

That's exciting, your partner will be able to move over now and you will be reunited :)

EPQ

Jul 13, 2020
Did you receive one or more extensions for the CSQ? What was the deadline of the last extension?

From my GCMS notes, it shows an officer was supposed to review my file based on the deadline of that extension. That was a fee days ago, but maybe we can tell how far behind they might be.
We received two extensions (I believe the original deadline was end of January lol) and sent several request for a third via the Webform in (I'm going to say) May, but never received a response.