+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

maratoronto

Oct 24, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi all! I just came to Canada yesterday as a visitor for 8 weeks. I asked the border officer about a visitors record. The officer told me that she didn't believe I would need one as the only thing I am waiting on is my confirmation of PR and that I should get that any day now. I'm wondering if there is a way to let them know that I am currently in Canada as a visitor and if that may improve my chances of getting a confirmation sooner since I am already in the country.
good day,
What is a visitors record and why you need it? My husband will be in Canada in two weeks as a visitors as well.... Any info will be appreciated. Thank you!

Reactions: Shanda4432

texpat

Jun 6, 2020
App. Filed.......
20-08-2019
AOR Received.
23-09-2019
Med's Request
08-10-2019
Med's Done....
04-12-2019
Interview........
15-01-2020
good day,
What is a visitors record and why you need it? My husband will be in Canada in two weeks as a visitors as well.... Any info will be appreciated. Thank you!
A visitor record is a status document for temporary residents/visitors to Canada, I think from visa exempt nations. Read about it here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/visitor-record.html

maratoronto

Oct 24, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga

Shanda4432

Oct 13, 2019
Thank you. Enjoy your visit in Canada and hopefully you will receive a good news soon.
Exactly what texpat said! It allows visitors to stay longer than normally permitted. If my passport were stamped to leave in 3 months, then i could apply for a visitor record and they can extend my stay past that. My passport in this visit wasn't stamped so I can legally stay for 6 months. But in the case I still haven't received my CoPR by then, I would like to get a visitor record so I can stay longer.

JKay

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Hello, has anyone noticed increase to their time-meter? Mine changed from 3 months to 18 weeks this morning.
What does this even mean?

Canadacanadavisa

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
2021-06-14
AOR Received.
2021-11-09
VISA ISSUED...
18-02-2022
Hello, has anyone noticed increase to their time-meter? Mine changed from 3 months to 18 weeks this morning.
What does this even mean?
yes I just checked and ours now says 18 weeks too but the ending date remained the same. I think maybe they decided to present weeks instead of months.

Reactions: JKay

kiranf

Star Member
Jul 11, 2014
Guys I applied for my spouse by March 10 and received at Sydney office by March 15. Outland application. I'm staying in Quebec (Sponsor) It was received before pandemic started to shutdown offices. I haven't heard from Immigration office yet. Or received AOR. Is it normal. I couldn't reach them in phone too. Any advice pls? Is this normal.

Please help.

Shanda4432

Oct 13, 2019
Guys I applied for my spouse by March 10 and received at Sydney office by March 15. Outland application. I'm staying in Quebec (Sponsor) It was received before pandemic started to shutdown offices. I haven't heard from Immigration office yet. Or received AOR. Is it normal. I couldn't reach them in phone too. Any advice pls? Is this normal.

Please help.
It's possible that yours would have started processing right when covid hit. Many people who applied around the same time as you haven't heard anything. I could be wrong but I also believe that paper applicants aren't being processed at the moment either. I thought I read somewhere that they're focusing on online applicants. So if you applied by paper that could maybe be a reason why it's taking longer than normal as well.

Achourdz

Jul 4, 2020
I got another ghost update at Gckey yesterday.nothing changed yet
Hello Benamara, i am in the process too, i applied to sponsoship my spouse and 3 daughters, application received on January 10, letter for arrival preparation on april 28, no news aince then, any mews from your side?

Reactions: wbenamara

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
It's possible that yours would have started processing right when covid hit. Many people who applied around the same time as you haven't heard anything. I could be wrong but I also believe that paper applicants aren't being processed at the moment either. I thought I read somewhere that they're focusing on online applicants. So if you applied by paper that could maybe be a reason why it's taking longer than normal as well.
Regarding paper apps, they are referring to TRV, study visas etc., not PR apps because they are only paper based. Whether they are saying that PR apps are not being processed as well because of it being paper based I don't know.

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

wbenamara

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
Hello Benamara, i am in the process too, i applied to sponsoship my spouse and 3 daughters, application received on January 10, letter for arrival preparation on april 28, no news aince then, any mews from your side?
I didn't reçeive letter yet.knly in ecas changed tl in process since april 24

lchazl

Star Member
Jan 31, 2018
Hey, seems we got the same letter . I am a little worried, what happened to you later? did they contact you later?
Yes you can call or just wait it out, either way you'll get more letters and/or emails saying you have PR, should have gotten by now.

JKay

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Hello everyone. How are you all doing? Please I have a question regarding the courier service offered by Warsaw VAC office in Poland.

We r still "In process", PA eligibility and background check still in process. We recently received AOR2 on June the 3rd. We r waiting on DM.

So, Do we need to buy the courier envelope to return our DM right now or we'll wait till they ask us to?

We saw this on VFS global website.
They said "Collection of decision envelopes in-person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice."
I really don't know how this works. Thanks

Reactions: wbenamara