+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Xaradiem

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
I just passed the medical exam. GC Key updated very quickly, 2 days after exam taken.
Now I am waiting for security screening as the last part of background check.
I am getting excited.

Reactions: Anne16

Anne16

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
Philippine
Category........
FAM
I just passed the medical exam. GC Key updated very quickly, 2 days after exam taken.
Now I am waiting for security screening as the last part of background check.
I am getting excited.
Hi,
Wow! Congrats. From what country are you and when did they received your application?

Thanks

Melp

Star Member
Jan 3, 2020
Yes, there are cases where it has taken more than twelve months and they’ve been approved. About 20% of cases go past the one year mark, but that doesn’t mean they’re not going to be approved.
I just hope it will be very soon. :( very frustrating process when the 12 month period finishes.

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
I just hope it will be very soon. :( very frustrating process when the 12 month period finishes.
It is, yes. I feel for everybody who goes past the normal processing time. I can’t even imagine how difficult that would be, especially if you’re away from your partner that long.

Stay positive! It’s a long road but it will all be worth it!

Jyotika_kumar

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
Decision Made showed up in ECAS today and I’m almost crying of excitement! I’ve been so nervous since our application was transferred from Mississauga VO to New York VO.

Timeline:
October 26th - Application received
November 14th - AOR
December 4th - Sponsor approval
December 12th - Transferred to Mississauga VO
January 30th - Transferred to New York VO
January 30th - GCSMS notes ordered
Feb 19 - notice that I ordered my GCSMS notes wrong (didn’t pay $5), corrected and paid
Feb 21 - Pre-arrival letter
Feb 23 - Decision Made

We didn’t receive AOR2 after either file transfer.

I am ecstatic! I have no idea if ordering the GCSMS notes prompted anything, I know we requested them fairly early but we were concerned when our application was transferred and wanted to know why. Wondering if we can retract our request now?

We haven’t received any procedural fairness letters or requests for more info so I think it’s good news!
Thats amazing. I have been asked to submit documents,after transfer of file,documents which i already submitted.

Reactions: wbenamara