+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Teelee

Oct 24, 2019
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Hey guys,

We just got our biometrics request, my husband is here in Canada visiting and we were able to book and get them done here today, super quick. I guess Dec 3rd, they set up some locations inside Canada. I haven't seen any info around the forums on that since they changed it. :D Thought I'd share

Reactions: *nn* and armoured

*nn*

Star Member
Mar 19, 2014
I agree!
My application will go to Singapore as well and didn't even get my SA yet after AOR on 15th November :(
When you filled in the sponsorship application did you choose the option to withdraw the PR application if sponsor found ineligible? or proceed with the application regardless?
I haven't received SA yet as well.

BebeGunn

Nov 10, 2019
When you filled in the sponsorship application did you choose the option to withdraw the PR application if sponsor found ineligible? or proceed with the application regardless?
It looks like I did tick off the box for "Proceed with the application for permanent residence. Processing fees will be retained." Further to this, the CIC website shows application type as "Permanent Residency." Does that mean I was found ineligible as a sponsor?

Last edited:

Ripa sharmin

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
I chose proceed with the application. But why would it take that long to inform whether I'm eligible or not, I wonder!!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
It looks like I did tick off the box for "Proceed with the application for permanent residence. Processing fees will be retained." Further to this, the CIC website shows application type as "Permanent Residency." Does that mean I was found ineligible as a sponsor?
The 'proceed with application for permanent residence' box applies only, I believe, if you are found ineligible. Unless there's some indication you have been found ineligible, don't fret.

*nn*

Star Member
Mar 19, 2014
It could mean that they're still assessing your eligibility but they sent the PR application to the overseas visa office anyway since you indicated that you want to proceed regardless. If you were found ineligible, you would have been informed I believe. I'm no expert though.

omoakin22

Dec 12, 2019
I got mail for PPR.

The issue now is I can't remember if I added relationship type (Brother, Sister) on my IMM 5406 that accompanied my PP. Every other detail was properly filled except relationship type.
I had submitted this form earlier in the application though...
Please should I be alarmed?

Reactions: armoured

Ripa sharmin

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
It could mean that they're still assessing your eligibility but they sent the PR application to the overseas visa office anyway since you indicated that you want to proceed regardless. If you were found ineligible, you would have been informed I believe. I'm no expert though.
Thank you :)

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I got mail for PPR.

The issue now is I can't remember if I added relationship type (Brother, Sister) on my IMM 5406 that accompanied my PP. Every other detail was properly filled except relationship type.
I had submitted this form earlier in the application though...
Please should I be alarmed?
You got the passport request - so clearly it wasn't a big deal. What are you worried about? This form is only additional info on your family.

If none of them are applicants, there are not really any implications. (Yes, arguably the information was not 'complete' but should not be a big deal)

vpsw

Apr 23, 2017
Hi All, Our application was received on 18th October 2019 and got an email from cic on 14th Nov 2019 acknowledging that they have received the application. I am assuming this was AOR 1.
Received another email on 29th November 2019 stating that 'your application has been updated' whereas when I logged in there was no apparent change. upon researching online I assume it was one of those Ghost updates.

However its 12th December 2019 and I have not received any update yet about the next step i.e. SA. Since I see in the tracker for October 2019 that the application which were received after me have mentioned having received the SA , Biometric etc.
I am not getting worried why its not getting updated. Please help.

Please find below the step wise status that I have copied from the ircc login:

Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
InterviewHelp - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
BiometricsHelp - Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background checkHelp - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decisionHelp - Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

tttolo

Nov 25, 2019
Is it normal that the PA’s UCI cannot access the online tool of Client Application Status at this point? We are only able to use this tool with the sponsor’s UCI. When using the sponsor’s UCI, we see DM for sponsorship application portion and In Process for PA’s PR application portion. Currently, we have received SA, completed biometrics and complete the medical exam.

tttolo

Nov 25, 2019
I am not sure if anyone has answered you yet. If its sen to CPCM then two things can happen. CPCM will review PAs eligibility, criminal bcg an security. If everything is straight forward then decision will be made by cpcm. If anything becomes a bit suspicious or they are unable to complete locally (mississauga) then file gets forwarded to LVO (Local Visa Office) of the PAs country for further processing which may result in delay depending of their work flow. So to resume the above:
CPCM + STRAIGHT FORWARD BGC = very short wait time (based on my experience)

UNABLE TO COMPLETE LOCALLY + FILE MOVE TO LVO = LONGER WAIT TIME AND DELAY.

I might not be 100% accurate. A senior member will correct my mistakes.
Thanks for your reply. Using the UCI to check online, is it possible to see which route the application is taking?

tonoy0012

Dec 12, 2019
hello all i emaid cic to know my application status. then i got a reply in the quote below
"
Good day
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Your application is currently being processed at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia.

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

Since it was received on October 18, 2019, it is still within regular processing times.

We verified the information on file and can confirm that:

• The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

Sophie, agent 4344
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html'

Can you please let me know what does 'The criminal background verification is currently valid.' means in here?

thanks