+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Jyotika_kumar

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
Hello there. I have a question. My application has already crossed its 1 year mark on the 17th of October. I have completed all stages, including medical. The only thing im missing is an interview. I got email for an interview in March 2020 but still no update as to when it will be done. I ordered gcms notes today.
My question is: can i send support letters from families and friends at this stage? Because i didnt initially submit it with my application.?

Hzyfa256

Nov 3, 2019
I did call CIC this morning and i gave them my Temp application number to give me the last update of my application status, she told me they still entering your application forms and documents on the system not finish it yet once its done they will email you the acknowledgment letter. but there is no time frame for the AOR to be emailed. I have the feeling this is a goos sign hopefully things will move fast in November for all of us. just want to share what happened with me today regarding my application
Hi
Was ur actually file number same as temporary number?I also received temporary numbers from ircc.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
If I have visa stamped on passport and have COPR also. Am I eligible to travel to Canada immediately? My spouse is a permanent resident and already in Canada. @legaleagle please assist me here.
I am in India right now. Few people are saying I will be required some kind of authorization letter to travel. @INDIA2CANADA.PDA @indiabull @Indian applicant @Indian Voyager!
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html#how-citizens-prs

See the text. As long as your visa and COPR are still valid, "You do not need a written authorization from us confirming that you’re exempt from the travel restrictions."

You will need (in addition to normal travel docs, visa, COPR) proof of your spouse's status in Canada and proof of your relationship (e.g. marriage certificate).

Reactions: amarjitCIC

stsm123

Sep 8, 2019
Hi all,

I received a message in GCkey today on accessing free pre-arrival services if you live outside of Canada.

However, my application form still says it is under review. I am not sure what this message means, or if it is a glitch and accidentally sent to me?

Has anyone else experienced something similar?

For background: Outland spousal sponsorship.

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Hi all,

I received a message in GCkey today on accessing free pre-arrival services if you live outside of Canada.

However, my application form still says it is under review. I am not sure what this message means, or if it is a glitch and accidentally sent to me?

Has anyone else experienced something similar?

For background: Outland spousal sponsorship.
It is Pre-arrival, Next will be DM and PPR. What's your VO and PA's Country of Residence?