+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2019 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

test1155

Star Member
Jul 6, 2019
Hi,

I got an email today to pay the right of permanent residence fee?
Did anyone get the same email? Also, what are the next steps in the PR process?

I am November 1st applicant

Stormie

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
Hi,

I got an email today to pay the right of permanent residence fee?
Did anyone get the same email? Also, what are the next steps in the PR process?

I am November 1st applicant
I didn’t get that email. I think it’s cause I already paid the fees when I applied (I believe there was an option to defer paying it)
Did you pay it when you applied?

sbkind

Mar 26, 2020
IRCC's term "Eligibility in progress," and "Review of eligibility" is very misleading, to me. It is not really something that is ongoing throughout the life of the application process, as the name would imply, but it is an actual step. Once your medicals have passed and background check is complete, THEN they start to review your eligibility. I have made it to SA, BCG pending, and my status in GC Key also still reads "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements."

When you say you have't heard back, what was the last communication you received, and what was its nature? If you are worried that your app isn't moving, try calling to submitting a Webform to check on its status.
The last official communication was that I passed the medical exam in April. According to GCMS notes, my application is pre-screened and "ready for decision maker". I didn't get a fingerprint request. That was end of July. I had a ghost update two weeks ago. That's it. We tried calling but we were just told to be patient. I'm very happy that a lot of people are hearing back, but I don't know why nobody got back to me yet if they already started processing November applicants. I don't think there's a lot we can do but be patient. I just hope there isn't another lockdown coming up that could slow things even further.

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

silvetstone

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
I just received the dreaded but anticipated "We need Proof of Relationship" letter today. Off I go to get those pieces collected, scanned and sent in!

Question for those that have submitted the same: How do you get everything into 1 uploadable file?
what? they need more proof at the last minutes?

CynthiaL

Sep 14, 2020
The last official communication was that I passed the medical exam in April. According to GCMS notes, my application is pre-screened and "ready for decision maker". I didn't get a fingerprint request. That was end of July. I had a ghost update two weeks ago. That's it. We tried calling but we were just told to be patient. I'm very happy that a lot of people are hearing back, but I don't know why nobody got back to me yet if they already started processing November applicants. I don't think there's a lot we can do but be patient. I just hope there isn't another lockdown coming up that could slow things even further.
I am OCt 2applicant and i still have not heard back anything since March.

hiwilley

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Hi, I paid $1380 when i applied. How much have you paid?
@test1155 you paid the actual amount, OWP + (RPRF + Biometrics) = $255 + $1,125 = $1,380.
Infact you might be refunded for the biometrics payment, if you had paid it as I outlined here. So is likely that you recieved the system automated email but to be on safe side just RESEND your recipients to IRCC by webform. Goodluck

Last edited:

nf_sedaghat

Feb 22, 2020

We all need to be patient. I am Oct 30 applicant and the last update on file was on early August that I uploaded FBI clearance and status of additional documents changed to Not applicable. Still waiting......

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
what? they need more proof at the last minutes?
Yes, several of us October (and September) Inland applicants received this request towards the end of the application process. My guess is because they are not currently holding in-person interviews. It is probably up to the discretion of you IRCC case agent, as well.

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Not quite sure what to expect or how long it’ll take before I get DM. Is there anyone who was/is in the same shoes?
How long did it take before you got your DM.
I believe @Amy23 said that DM takes a couple of days after SA/AIP, and COPR a few days after that. Hopefully you should see more movement next week.

Stormie

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
I believe @Amy23 said that DM takes a couple of days after SA/AIP, and COPR a few days after that. Hopefully you should see more movement next week.
hi! Thanks for responding :)
They sent my CoPR this afternoon and I’ve gotten my DM as well (such a pleasant surprise :))
Thank you and everyone for answering questions and updating the forum.
I wish you the best :)