+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2019 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

suchip2310

Aug 23, 2020
Yes reply. This has been the process since covid. I have seen persons in the facebook group post saying they received the same request and after responding they received their COPR. Congratulations
Thanks for the info! We replied to the email right away. Hopefully COPR comes soon. Do you know how many days/weeks does it take?

Reactions: Golden_islandgal

roney_usask

Jun 26, 2020
I have a question. I am little bit confused here. I saw some people, on facebook group, applied in Feb'20 and got their AIP or SA. How come they got so quickly? They did not apply in express entry. Is there other way to get process done faster?

YAAZ

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
I have a question. I am little bit confused here. I saw some people, on facebook group, applied in Feb'20 and got their AIP or SA. How come they got so quickly? They did not apply in express entry. Is there other way to get process done faster?
Hello , i was wondering how do you search for the facebook group ?

Conaider

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
It is not any special process, but there are many many variables that come in play to approve an application. Maybe some cases are more straight forward, maybe the officer reviewing one file is fast (while someone other officer is a procrastinator), maybe some office has more applications than others; when foreign documents are required, some countries are faster than others.. and that is not even considering COVID!

Remember that at the end of the day, officers who process our applications are human and they have their own biases.. something that could look perfectly fine to one officer, could feel suspicious for another one.. and maybe they won't deny the application but will be more thorough and take more time. The same for whoever is responsible for other pieces of the puzzle (foreign entities in charge of issuing police certificates, doctors uploading your medicals, postal service delays, etc).

It is not realistic to try and see this as an assembly line where first in is the first out. It is quite helpful to see trends but even then, we have in the spreadsheet ~ 70 applicants for inland in October. I don't know the actual numbers of total applicants in the country but I am quite sure that it's a large enough number that 70 people is not a representative sample size.

Bottom line (sorry for my lengthy message): I would recommend to assume your application will be within the normal time:
- don't stress yourself thinking the worse will happen to you (when you look at applicants who have been in process for over 24 months and wonder if you will be one of them.. you probably won't)
- don't stress yourself thinking the best will happen to you (when you see people approved in 6-7 months and wonder if you will be one of them... you probably won't)

Hope this helps!

Bhargs

Aug 29, 2020
Thanks for the info! We replied to the email right away. Hopefully COPR comes soon. Do you know how many days/weeks does it take?
What is your landing office? If it is Etobicoke it will take 3-4 days (I had to wait 3 business days landed on Sept 3 got COPR via email on Sept 8)to get it via email.

Reactions: Golden_islandgal

Amy23

Feb 19, 2020
in the facebook group people usually don’t spcify their application type, that person is likely an Outland applicant.Outland applications are processed faster to help reunite families sooner

kathie16

Star Member
Mar 10, 2019
Just got a call from an IRCC officer in the Vancouver office saying my PR app. was approved! She just asked if my Canadian address was still valid and confirmed that I've never been arrested/charged with a crime. She said that I should receive an email attaching an official COPR letter by Tuesday evening (delay due to the long weekend). CIC now officially says "approved." I'm so happy!! Timeline below.

App Received: Oct 10, 2019
AOR: Nov 28, 2019
OWP Approved: Jan 10, 2020
Medical Requested: Feb 16, 2020
Medical Exam: Feb 28, 2020
Medical Passed: Mar 5, 2020
SA and AIP: Aug 30, 2020
Approved: Sept 4, 2020
Hi! Did the phone number start with 778 or +1800?? I keep receiving those scam calls and I automatically block those numbers. Worried that I might have blocked one of their calls too

Amy23

Feb 19, 2020
Hi! Did the phone number start with 778 or +1800?? I keep receiving those scam calls and I automatically block those numbers. Worried that I might have blocked one of their calls too
I didnt get a call but i read someone answered this before and said it was a “No caller ID”

suchip2310

Aug 23, 2020
What is your landing office? If it is Etobicoke it will take 3-4 days (I had to wait 3 business days landed on Sept 3 got COPR via email on Sept 8)to get it via email.
It is Etobicoke landing office. With your timeline I should expect it to receive my COPR by Sept 15th.

rockT

Oct 19, 2015
Hi Guys,
My application Received on October 23, 2019
My wife got this letter

xxx Wife Name xxx

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada
Class you submitted to this office on behalf of My Name and family (if applicable).
You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent Residence
(APR) for your relative will be processed separately and they will be contacted shortly.
If you received this communication via email, please note that another copy will not be mailed to you.
Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)
The Right of Permanent Residence Fee is applicable to your application. If you have chosen to defer
payment of that fee, you will be contacted to make the payment at a later date. Your family
member(s) cannot become a permanent resident of Canada until this payment is made.
It is strongly recommended that you pay this fee as soon as possible. By doing so, the processing
time of your application may be reduced. For further information on how to pay this fee, please visit
the CIC website at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp?.
IMPORTANT: Passport(s) for your sponsored family member(s) must be valid for the duration of their
stay in Canada.

so this mean AIP right ?
How long we get the DM after this letter
Thank you

suchip2310

Aug 23, 2020
It is Etobicoke landing office. With your timeline I should expect it to receive my COPR by Sept 15th.
Got our COPR today!!!! Finally the wait is over!!!!!!!!

We got the letter of CoPR in email and asking us to send the photographs. We need to send the two photos with a letter of COPR only, right? Or is there anything that I am missing here?

Amy23

Feb 19, 2020
Hi Guys,
My wife got this letter

xxx Wife Name xxx

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada
Class you submitted to this office on behalf of My Name and family (if applicable).
You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent Residence
(APR) for your relative will be processed separately and they will be contacted shortly.
If you received this communication via email, please note that another copy will not be mailed to you.
The Right of Permanent Residence Fee is applicable to your application. If you have chosen to defer
payment of that fee, you will be contacted to make the payment at a later date. Your family
member(s) cannot become a permanent resident of Canada until this payment is made.
It is strongly recommended that you pay this fee as soon as possible. By doing so, the processing
time of your application may be reduced. For further information on how to pay this fee, please visit
IMPORTANT: Passport(s) for your sponsored family member(s) must be valid for the duration of their
stay in Canada.

so this mean AIP right ?
Thank you
This is Spouse Approval, you should get your DM shortly, and COPR a couple of days after DM

Golden_islandgal

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
Hi Guys,
My wife got this letter

xxx Wife Name xxx

stay in Canada.

so this mean AIP right ?
Thank you
Thats SA....sponsor approval