+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2019 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

kathie16

Star Member
Mar 10, 2019
Hello everyone! I got AIP and SA on september 3rd and now just checked ECAS and it says decision made, however my cic account shows they’re still doing background check. A bit confusing, is anyone on the same step?

kashatxx

May 8, 2014
Does anybody else have issues with accessing the cic.gc.ca website??

I keep getting secure connection failed to establish error..

Golden_islandgal

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
Hello everyone! I got AIP and SA on september 3rd and now just checked ECAS and it says decision made, however my cic account shows they’re still doing background check. A bit confusing, is anyone on the same step?
A few persons posted updates with ecas showing decision made and gc key still processing background. Your gc key will update soon. Expect to hear from IRCC soon

Reactions: kathie16

roney_usask

Jun 26, 2020
may be a dumb question, in the new situation when they ask for passport? and what step we call final step, I mean when you can call yourself that officially now you are a permanent resident?

Sadekabuessa

Feb 27, 2020
may be a dumb question, in the new situation when they ask for passport? and what step we call final step, I mean when you can call yourself that officially now you are a permanent resident?
On my case they asked me to submit passport photo copy after a month and half almost from the expiration,when you got your PR card will be final step If you got OWP and AIP,SA you’re almost done.
anybody correct me if I’m wrong

Reactions: roney_usask

saitesovsri

Sep 4, 2019
Hi All,

My wife (sponsor) received the following this morning:

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada
Class you submitted to this office on behalf of XXXXXX and family (if applicable).
You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent Residence
(APR) for your relative will be processed separately and they will be contacted shortly.
If you received this communication via email, please note that another copy will not be mailed to you.

And I received the following:

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that
a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent
resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks
for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they
are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident
until you and all your family members have met these requirements.

I have also received a request letter asking for police clearance certificate from my home country. Since a lot of you in this thread have received SA and AIP already, my question is is this the SA & AIP? If so, they only require my police clearance certificate from home country to make a decision?

Thanks

Golden_islandgal

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
Hi All,

My wife (sponsor) received the following this morning:

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada
Class you submitted to this office on behalf of XXXXXX and family (if applicable).
You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent Residence
(APR) for your relative will be processed separately and they will be contacted shortly.
If you received this communication via email, please note that another copy will not be mailed to you.

And I received the following:

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that
a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent
resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks
for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they
are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident
until you and all your family members have met these requirements.

I have also received a request letter asking for police clearance certificate from my home country. Since a lot of you in this thread have received SA and AIP already, my question is is this the SA & AIP? If so, they only require my police clearance certificate from home country to make a decision?

Thanks
Yes that is SA and AIP, congratulations!! Yes they are awaiting the requested document to make the final decision and give you your COPR.
When did you apply?

Reactions: hiwilley
Aug 31, 2020
So, I just got off the phone with IRCC, and I am so disappointed. Apparently they have only just started our background check a month prior, which means we have a long way to go likely.

I have been so excited getting all of these updates from you guys, but it looks like my partner and I may have to wait until the end of the year. I think I will just stop checking for a while.

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

fsfh60

Apr 26, 2012
Surrey, British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
23-10-2013
Hey guys, just checking in with everyone and letting you know that my wife and I received our AIP, and SA. October 10th. Any ideas whats the timeline for the remaining? Thank you and best of luck to everyone.

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

Golden_islandgal

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
So, I just got off the phone with IRCC, and I am so disappointed. Apparently they have only just started our background check a month prior, which means we have a long way to go likely.

I have been so excited getting all of these updates from you guys, but it looks like my partner and I may have to wait until the end of the year. I think I will just stop checking for a while.
There are many others who are in the same situation as you and some who has no update as their BGC even commencing. We just have be patient and optimistic

Golden_islandgal

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
Hey guys, just checking in with everyone and letting you know that my wife and I received our AIP, and SA. October 10th. Any ideas whats the timeline for the remaining? Thank you and best of luck to everyone.
Congratulations!! No precise timelines but seen persons post further updates of decision made and COPR within a few days of receipt of SA and AIP

redserpant

Sep 8, 2020
CoPR Arrived

INLAND APPLICATION

App Received: Oct 11, 2019
AOR: Nov 29, 2019
OWP Approved: Jan 10, 2020
Medical Requested: Feb 16, 2020
Medical Passed: Feb 21, 2020
Eligibility Passed: Aug 30, 2020
Background Check: Aug 30, 2020
Decision Made: Sept 02, 2020
Phone Call from IRCC: Sept 04,2020 (We Missed)
Call Back from IRCC: Sept 08, 2020
Final Decision: APPROVED (Sept 08, 2020)
CoPR: Sept 08, 2020

Biometrics: REFUNDED
Police Clearance: FBI (USA) & NBI (PHILIPPINES)

Last edited:

redserpant

Sep 8, 2020
Just got a call from an IRCC officer in the Vancouver office saying my PR app. was approved! She just asked if my Canadian address was still valid and confirmed that I've never been arrested/charged with a crime. She said that I should receive an email attaching an official COPR letter by Tuesday evening (delay due to the long weekend). CIC now officially says "approved." I'm so happy!! Timeline below.

App Received: Oct 10, 2019
AOR: Nov 28, 2019
OWP Approved: Jan 10, 2020
Medical Requested: Feb 16, 2020
Medical Exam: Feb 28, 2020
Medical Passed: Mar 5, 2020
SA and AIP: Aug 30, 2020
Approved: Sept 4, 2020
have you received your CoPR already? How many days after the phone call from ircc?

Reactions: Maal