+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2019 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

Deb214

Star Member
Aug 25, 2020
I submitted all the proof I could think of.. about 20 pieces of proof ranging from stuff I ordered online sent to me, Google maps tracking my location and showing where I live/shop around, recent pictures taken with time stamp, recent bank statement and internet bill, conversations of my wife and I talking about coming home, going out to do errands together, and 3 new letters with 2 being from our neighbors and 1 being from our roommate who started living with us even before we filed the application. I hope it's enough.
Just be hopeful it will go well

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
update for everyone: i just got refunded the 85$ i overpaid for biometrics, I still have no COPR but I didnt have to request the refund of this fee, they initiated it themselves automatically
Good to know, thanks! I also paid for biometrics, so hopefully the refund comes automatically closer to the end of the process for us, too.

Amy23

Feb 19, 2020
Hi!
that sounds like a good sign (shows at the very least, that your application isn’t just sitting somewhere)
When did you apply?
I got AIP and SA on August 30, but my AIP letter said that because I overpaid the biometric fees a refund had been initiated and it just showed in my account this morning

YAAZ

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
I got AIP and SA on August 30, but my AIP letter said that because I overpaid the biometric fees a refund had been initiated and it just showed in my account this morning
Your application status is still in process ? or DecisionMade or Complete?

Amy23

Feb 19, 2020
Your application status is still in process ? or DecisionMade or Complete?
ECAS shows "Decision made" for sponsor and applicant, CIC account has a message pdf that says eligibility passed but the application status itself says they are still reviewing if i meet eligibility requirements

YAAZ

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
ECAS shows "Decision made" for sponsor and applicant, CIC account has a message pdf that says eligibility passed but the application status itself says they are still reviewing if i meet eligibility requirements
Oh Okay, mine is complete but i havent received the COPR.

pxlxyp

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Thank you! No need to show it, it probably looks the same as a work permit.

update for everyone: i just got refunded the 85$ i overpaid for biometrics, I still have no COPR but I didnt have to request the refund of this fee, they initiated it themselves automatically
This is good to know! Thanks :)

pxlxyp

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Mine was just updated today! So hopefully yours will soon too

Amy23

Feb 19, 2020
Mine was just updated today! So hopefully yours will soon too
Your online account now says complete/approved? did you get an email? did you AIP letter say you passed eligibility but a decision wont be made until you meet the other requirements?

pxlxyp

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Your online account now says complete/approved? did you get an email? did you AIP letter say you passed eligibility but a decision wont be made until you meet the other requirements?
Yes I've been checking my account since I got the AIP on Sunday.. today it was finally updated to "September 2, 2020 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details." and they provided information about COPR. Now I guess we just have to wait for the COPR to get to us?

This was in the AIP:
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.
Furthermore, we are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been
completed. The Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada office in VANCOUVER will
contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident
application.

Amy23

Feb 19, 2020
Yes I've been checking my account since I got the AIP on Sunday.. today it was finally updated to "September 2, 2020 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details." and they provided information about COPR. Now I guess we just have to wait for the COPR to get to us?

This was in the AIP:
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class.
Furthermore, we are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been
completed. The Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada office in VANCOUVER will
contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident
application.
My AIP was different, it didn't state the processing was complete :( this is what it said;

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.

residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that

a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent
resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks
for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they
are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident
until you and all your family members have met these requirements.

Bhargs

Aug 29, 2020
Hi All got this email from CIC Etobicoke today. (October 11, 2019 Applicant)

"Dear Applicant and Sponsor,

We are pleased to inform you that the processing of your application for permanent residence is ready to be finalized. Please advise if you and your spouse are currently in Canada. Would you provide proof such as passport showing arrival stamp, recent utility bills or bank statements (joint account if available)?

Please send your reply to this email. We will need your confirmation to finalize your application.
"

I replied with all the relevant documents and my applications has been approved on the IRCC website with the COPR number but have not received the COPR via email. Does anyone have any information on this?

Can I still apply for health using the document # or do I need COPR letter and showing the IRCC is not sufficent?

Thanks

YAAZ

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Same - is the COPR supposed to be an email? Or mail mail
COPR is supposed to reach via email so you can send your photo to apply for PR. Thats what everyone was receiving but i didnt and i am only waiting for the PR card now, i assume they used the 2 photos since my application is complete.

Reactions: pxlxyp

Amy23

Feb 19, 2020
Hi All got this email from CIC Etobicoke today. (October 11, 2019 Applicant)

"Dear Applicant and Sponsor,

We are pleased to inform you that the processing of your application for permanent residence is ready to be finalized. Please advise if you and your spouse are currently in Canada. Would you provide proof such as passport showing arrival stamp, recent utility bills or bank statements (joint account if available)?

Please send your reply to this email. We will need your confirmation to finalize your application.
"

I replied with all the relevant documents and my applications has been approved on the IRCC website with the COPR number but have not received the COPR via email. Does anyone have any information on this?

Can I still apply for health using the document # or do I need COPR letter and showing the IRCC is not sufficent?

Thanks
Did you get this email on applicants or sponsor email? did you get an AIP letter before this?