+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2019 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

KuroNeko26

Mar 12, 2018
California
Ive been told i need to show proof my sponsor and i are living together..I'm freaking out because this is my worst nightmare of having them thing something is wrong

Stormie

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
Ive been told i need to show proof my sponsor and i are living together..I'm freaking out because this is my worst nightmare of having them thing something is wrong
It’s hard not to, but try not to freak out.
Send as much proof as you can, do they need proof that you currently live together or you lived together when you applied?
Either way, send as much stuff as you can. I saw someone they asked for more proof from and it still ended well.
Just send as much stuff as you can. Good luck.

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

KuroNeko26

Mar 12, 2018
California
It’s hard not to, but try not to freak out.
Send as much proof as you can, do they need proof that you currently live together or you lived together when you applied?
Either way, send as much stuff as you can. I saw someone they asked for more proof from and it still ended well.
Just send as much stuff as you can. Good luck.
I'm currently putting together a ton of proof that I can possibly think of. Letters from my roomate, friend who lives in the same building as us, and another friend that lives the next street over..most recent bank statement with our name/address on it, pictures taken of us with recent timestamps, receipts of when i ordered things online and got it delivered to me, receipts of when my mom sent me things from online (including a birthday cake for my birthday this year) most recent internet bill with our names and address on it, google maps showing my tracking that i clearly live in the area, screenshots of messages exchanged between my spouse and i talking about coming home, doing errands, etc

Stormie

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
I'm currently putting together a ton of proof that I can possibly think of. Letters from my roomate, friend who lives in the same building as us, and another friend that lives the next street over..most recent bank statement with our name/address on it, pictures taken of us with recent timestamps, receipts of when i ordered things online and got it delivered to me, receipts of when my mom sent me things from online (including a birthday cake for my birthday this year) most recent internet bill with our names and address on it, google maps showing my tracking that i clearly live in the area, screenshots of messages exchanged between my spouse and i talking about coming home, doing errands, etc
Alright, hopefully someone else who has been in the same situation on here can chime in and offer you some more advice.
Either way, all the best! :)

erf

Sep 2, 2020
Hi everyone!

We submitted our application Oct. 8, 2019.
On Sept. 1, 2020, my husband received a letter in his email that he is eligible to sponsor me.

Meanwhile, I received this letter through my GCKey:

"This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements.

IMPORTANT: Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada"

Did you guys receive the same format? Do i have to send them a copy of my passport and my family outside Canada, who are not applying or does not have any intent to go there? Or i'll just wait for a letter instructing me to send a copy of my passport.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Reactions: Golden_islandgal

Katt

Feb 10, 2019
Hi, i also got a request letter asking for more proof too that same as yours. We recently moved place and I changed my address and I skipped the question "If other persons included to your application has move place please specify too" so I wonder if that's the reason why they sent me that request because only I changed address and didn't include my spouse, today I redo the changing address again and included my spouse but I will still send a proof of the contract of our new place that we both signed to show that we're still living in the same place. Any thoughts?

Sakina89

Dec 11, 2019
@Sakina89 is the COPR document like the work permits with a number and stuff or is it just a letter confirming you are a permanent resident now?
I never got a work permit or anything. This is the only correspondence I have from them (except aor but I don’t remember the document) but yes there is a number etc in it. I can show you but I’m not sure if I can upload a pic on here

KuroNeko26

Mar 12, 2018
California
I submitted all the proof I could think of.. about 20 pieces of proof ranging from stuff I ordered online sent to me, Google maps tracking my location and showing where I live/shop around, recent pictures taken with time stamp, recent bank statement and internet bill, conversations of my wife and I talking about coming home, going out to do errands together, and 3 new letters with 2 being from our neighbors and 1 being from our roommate who started living with us even before we filed the application. I hope it's enough.

Amy23

Feb 19, 2020
I never got a work permit or anything. This is the only correspondence I have from them (except aor but I don’t remember the document) but yes there is a number etc in it. I can show you but I’m not sure if I can upload a pic on here
Thank you! No need to show it, it probably looks the same as a work permit.

update for everyone: i just got refunded the 85$ i overpaid for biometrics, I still have no COPR but I didnt have to request the refund of this fee, they initiated it themselves automatically

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

Stormie

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
I submitted all the proof I could think of.. about 20 pieces of proof ranging from stuff I ordered online sent to me, Google maps tracking my location and showing where I live/shop around, recent pictures taken with time stamp, recent bank statement and internet bill, conversations of my wife and I talking about coming home, going out to do errands together, and 3 new letters with 2 being from our neighbors and 1 being from our roommate who started living with us even before we filed the application. I hope it's enough.
good luck :)

Stormie

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
Thank you! No need to show it, it probably looks the same as a work permit.

update for everyone: i just got refunded the 85$ i overpaid for biometrics, I still have no COPR but I didnt have to request the refund of this fee, they initiated it themselves automatically
Hi!
that sounds like a good sign (shows at the very least, that your application isn’t just sitting somewhere)
When did you apply?