+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2019 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

Deany

Dec 16, 2019
I also checked my OWP status today and it was approved already yesterday Jan.10! It's a nice feeling!! So I also wanna know if how can I cancel my request to extend my stay as visitor or can I still cancel that even if it says on the status that my eligibility is being review already?

Thanks in advance and congratulations to all who got theirs approved too! :)
When did you apply? And I checked mine and for some reason I'm seeing a submission date of January 7... Both my PR and OWP application we submitted the same time....

KuroNeko26

Mar 12, 2018
California
Its wonderful seeing all this owps get approved but I'm still worried about mine since I still haven't been able to link it so i have no idea what's going on with it. :(

Katt

Feb 10, 2019
When did you apply? And I checked mine and for some reason I'm seeing a submission date of January 7... Both my PR and OWP application we submitted the same time....
October 10.
Have you receive your AOR yet?

KuroNeko26

Mar 12, 2018
California
Cheer up! You might get a good news too soon. :)
I hope so. Tbh I stressed out myself to the point that I don't even remember anything regarding the owp like putting it in the envelope, filling out the stuff, etc. I overthinked it so hard that its all just a blur now

Katt

Feb 10, 2019
Update :

I got the OWP approval letter to be downloaded just now. Is this the letter that I have to submit for SIN #?

paglimi

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
My husband still hasn't recevied his OWP and I see people who submitted application on October 10 in spreadsheet have received them now.. we haven't been successful in linking it online, although PR application is linked. Am I doing something wrong when trying to link possibly? I did "temporary residence", "work permit and extension", then put in identifying info in between, then at bottom put "open work permit", country of residence Canada, married and "applied for permanent residence as a spouse or common-law partner in Canada".

Also, what is process for receiving OWP, do they email you or mail it?

KuroNeko26

Mar 12, 2018
California
My husband still hasn't recevied his OWP and I see people who submitted application on October 10 in spreadsheet have received them now.. we haven't been successful in linking it online, although PR application is linked. Am I doing something wrong when trying to link possibly? I did "temporary residence", "work permit and extension", then put in identifying info in between, then at bottom put "open work permit", country of residence Canada, married and "applied for permanent residence as a spouse or common-law partner in Canada".

Also, what is process for receiving OWP, do they email you or mail it?
I'm having the same issue too. Linked PR no problem and got AOR, but still can't link OWP yet people around my submission date in the timeline and AFTER are able to link it before me. I'm going to be calling tomorrow to make sure there are no issues. I used the same info as you when trying to link.

paglimi

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
I'm having the same issue too. Linked PR no problem and got AOR, but still can't link OWP yet people around my submission date in the timeline and AFTER are able to link it before me. I'm going to be calling tomorrow to make sure there are no issues. I used the same info as you when trying to link.
I'm going to try to get through tomorrow too, if you hear back prior to me updating this post, please let me know what they said! I'll update you if I speak to them as well.
When did you receive AOR?

Reactions: KuroNeko26

KuroNeko26

Mar 12, 2018
California
I'm going to try to get through tomorrow too, if you hear back prior to me updating this post, please let me know what they said! I'll update you if I speak to them as well.
When did you receive AOR?
I got AOR December 5th and was able to link PR the same day. It sucks seeing people link their OWP when they're ahead of you when you should have been able to do the same a while ago :( I'm going to be calling at 8 A.M right when they open haha so I'll be sure to update this post when I get off the phone to let you know what they told me. My biggest fear is them telling me it doesn't exist or anything else negative regarding it since I was really looking forward to working soon.

paglimi

Star Member
Nov 14, 2019
I got AOR December 5th and was able to link PR the same day. It sucks seeing people link their OWP when they're ahead of you when you should have been able to do the same a while ago :( I'm going to be calling at 8 A.M right when they open haha so I'll be sure to update this post when I get off the phone to let you know what they told me. My biggest fear is them telling me it doesn't exist or anything else negative regarding it since I was really looking forward to working soon.
OK please keep me posted on what they say! Im almost paranoid they didnt get or acknowledge mine since I can't even link it :( then we can compare both answers, I'll call later on in the morning!

Reactions: KuroNeko26

Katt

Feb 10, 2019
I just logged in to my GCKEY acct and saw the new update that it was approved then they sent me a letter of approval with OWP info through PDF and that they mailed already the actual OWP secure document to the address I provided when I applied so Im just waiting for it now.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShiroTheHero

KuroNeko26

Mar 12, 2018
California
OK please keep me posted on what they say! Im almost paranoid they didnt get or acknowledge mine since I can't even link it :( then we can compare both answers, I'll call later on in the morning!
I tried calling just now but the line is already full. :( I hope you have better luck than me