+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2019 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

SolaceSkyWolf

Jun 5, 2019
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Have you been trying to link it every day since and it finally worked today? Did you get an email at all before or after you were able to link it?
No. I got the first AOR email but I have been waiting for my husband to get this second AOR email I kept seeing people talk about in forums thinking I needed that email for his UCI to be able to link his OWP to the account. But I'm a ding dong and it totally blew passed me that after I finally linked the GCKey to our application you can see my husband's info on the page and the UCI was there. Then when I tried linking I was choosing the wrong category cause the OWP is under temporary residence or something. I kept choosing one that said work permit and it gave me no options to type anything. If it wasn't for this forum I would be lost man they don't walk you through much lol

Reactions: KuroNeko26

harind17

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
My application got recieved October 17th and my visitor status ran out on November 1st and I'm on implied status right now currently waiting for a decision on my visitor extension that I also submitted in October. If my owp and extension both get returned/denied won't I be told i have to go back since I'll have no status at all at that point?
If your OWP/extension is returned or denied, you will not be asked to leave as your inland PR application will still be in process. You are allowed to apply for PR even if you are out of status. and You are still way under standard timelines for OWP. You shouldn't worry too much. I hope you hear some good news about your OWP soon. Good luck.

KuroNeko26

Mar 12, 2018
California
Thank you everyone for your helpful and reassuring comments I really appreciate it. It's so easy to stress and overthink when you have the time to do so Haha. I'll try not to worry especially since nothing has even happened yet. I'm glad to at least have other people in the same boat so I don't feel so alone throughout this process.

Reactions: SolaceSkyWolf

SolaceSkyWolf

Jun 5, 2019
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Thank you everyone for your helpful and reassuring comments I really appreciate it. It's so easy to stress and overthink when you have the time to do so Haha. I'll try not to worry especially since nothing has even happened yet. I'm glad to at least have other people in the same boat so I don't feel so alone throughout this process.
I feel you man. If we don't get the work permit this month we have to file for an extension too so it's pretty stressful. But it does feel better being in places like this forum and knowing you not alone in this stressful process lol

KuroNeko26

Mar 12, 2018
California
I feel you man. If we don't get the work permit this month we have to file for an extension too so it's pretty stressful. But it does feel better being in places like this forum and knowing you not alone in this stressful process lol
I should be getting an answer on my extension maybe around next month ish so its nerve wrecking haha cuz I don't want it to get denied but even if it does for whatever reason I can always apply for restoration of status too and show proof of the AOR, etc that the PR is in the system and that I need to maintain legal status to receive the OWP etc. This is my second extension and my last one I plan to do so I hope everything goes smoothy

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020

Netz

Star Member
Sep 30, 2015
Hello all, I had submitted my spouse PR + OWP on 23rd Oct and was received on 29th Oct, AOR on 23rd DEC. online linking on 25th DEC.

on Jan 6th my application for OWP was returned due to a missing signature. Along with the application they had sent a letter stating to resubmit the application to Jasper in Edmonton. Application sent on 7th Jan and received on 8th Jan.
As I want to be optimistic and believe my application would not get in the start of the Que again and take another 3-4 months to be processed as it is directly going to Edmonton office where they only process WP in conjunction to Spouse PR.

What are your thoughts.?

KuroNeko26

Mar 12, 2018
California
Hello all, I had submitted my spouse PR + OWP on 23rd Oct and was received on 29th Oct, AOR on 23rd DEC. online linking on 25th DEC.

on Jan 6th my application for OWP was returned due to a missing signature. Along with the application they had sent a letter stating to resubmit the application to Jasper in Edmonton. Application sent on 7th Jan and received on 8th Jan.
As I want to be optimistic and believe my application would not get in the start of the Que again and take another 3-4 months to be processed as it is directly going to Edmonton office where they only process WP in conjunction to Spouse PR.

What are your thoughts.?
Hey, at least you fixed the issue and it got sent back with knowing that nothing else was wrong with it. I still haven't even been able to link my OWP and I got AOR December 5th. :/

Netz

Star Member
Sep 30, 2015
Hey, at least you fixed the issue and it got sent back with knowing that nothing else was wrong with it. I still haven't even been able to link my OWP and I got AOR December 5th. :/
Hey, I can understand it's frustrating. I am only able to link my PR through online linking, I am still not able to link OWP.

Shanghai911

Star Member
May 19, 2019
My husband got his open work permit today! Thank god! It's hard being patient lol
My wife got her OWP approved as well today ! At least now the "in status" question is solved for 2 years !

Do anyone know how to cancel a Request to extend your stay as a visitor ?

Thanks

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
My wife got her OWP approved as well today ! At least now the "in status" question is solved for 2 years !

Do anyone know how to cancel a Request to extend your stay as a visitor ?

Thanks
Congrats

Did you apply 30 days before your visitor visa expiration date?

I would like to know as well, how can you cancel request for visitor record and get refunded?

Katt

Feb 10, 2019
Congrats

Did you apply 30 days before your visitor visa expiration date?

I would like to know as well, how can you cancel request for visitor record and get refunded?
I also checked my OWP status today and it was approved already yesterday Jan.10! It's a nice feeling!! So I also wanna know if how can I cancel my request to extend my stay as visitor or can I still cancel that even if it says on the status that my eligibility is being review already?

Thanks in advance and congratulations to all who got theirs approved too! :)

Katt

Feb 10, 2019
Guys, What's the next thing to do after getting OWP approved? Do we get any mailed papers from them about our OWP instructions or something?

Thank you so much in advance

Last edited: