+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2019 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

nkuchi

Dec 11, 2019
Hi All,

There are two options to pay the fees for PR application. One of the option has open work permit fee included with the PR fees (Total $ 1,380.00).

Do we have to pay the open work permit fee separately? OR It's accepted to pay all together with one receipt? (PR + Work permit)

Thank you!

KuroNeko26

Mar 12, 2018
California
Still not able to link my OWP even though people after me have been able to do so. I'm on the verge of just giving up the entire process at this point.

Crystel13

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019
Still not able to link my OWP even though people after me have been able to do so. I'm on the verge of just giving up the entire process at this point.
Don't give up. I understand it must be stressful and frustrating but you shouldn't give up. Remember that you DO NOT have to link it. It does makes it easier but the Principal Applicant will receive an email when the work permit is approved anyway. Considering that most people from september got their permit, we should be next.

Reactions: KuroNeko26

KuroNeko26

Mar 12, 2018
California
Don't give up. I understand it must be stressful and frustrating but you shouldn't give up. Remember that you DO NOT have to link it. It does makes it easier but the Principal Applicant will receive an email when the work permit is approved anyway. Considering that most people from september got their permit, we should be next.
It's just nerve wrecking since I don't know if it's in the system or not or if something is wrong with it. The linking online is just reassuring that it is in fact getting processed and you don't have to worry about it. I just have that feeling that something is going to go wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: PrincessButtercup

Siyyyu_Chang

Oct 21, 2019
Hello everyone,
Application received : 23-10-2019
AOR : 14-12-2019
After getting my AOR i tried to link application but it says only my lawyer can access my application. I don't want to depend on my lawyer for that. So does anybody use a representative and what u guys did. Because it would be such a headache to ask my lawyer for updates everyday.
I am using a representative. If your application was received and in processing, the system can located your application then they will show that only you representative can access your application. Below that sentence it mentioned that if you still wish to link your application, you can download the document to cancel your representative authorization and upload it with your signature. Then you are able to review all your information and application status.

But if you cancel your representative access authorization, your lawyer WILL NOT BE ABLE to received any update for you case, according what my representative told me.

Reactions: RAMAN2633

lbft

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
Hi All,

There are two options to pay the fees for PR application. One of the option has open work permit fee included with the PR fees (Total $ 1,380.00).

Do we have to pay the open work permit fee separately? OR It's accepted to pay all together with one receipt? (PR + Work permit)

Thank you!
Hi! I think it does not matter.
Sponsorship fee ($75), principal applicant processing fee ($475), right of permanent residence fee ($490), Work permit (including extensions) – per person ($155) , open work permit holder ($100), Biometrics ($85). Alltogether = $1380.
I decided to not pay biometrics fee. So I paid $1040 + $255

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp

Deany

Dec 16, 2019
Do you have to wait until you receive your Principal Applicants UCI before you can link your OWP?
I thought it was only linking the PR application... Can you explain how you did it?

Garry21

Apr 25, 2018
Do you have to wait until you receive your Principal Applicants UCI before you can link your OWP?
I thought it was only linking the PR application... Can you explain how you did it?
1. Logged in with GC Key account.
2. Permanent Residence > Family Class (Spouses)
2. Application Number and Family Name - Copy/pasted application number from email (including the F) and entered PA's last name. If you don't have App Number, use Family Name, Birthday, Place of Birth
3. City of Birth - I entered 1 space (hit spacebar once)
4. Country of Birth - Selected PA's country of birth
5. Passport Info - Did not enter any passport info
6. Other Application Info - Filled out the other application info as per our application and put '2' as the number of members in the application."

Always use the Principal Applicant's info.

If this doesn't work, there are so many threads in this forum that can help you :)

Taylor_J

Dec 13, 2019
It's just nerve wrecking since I don't know if it's in the system or not or if something is wrong with it. The linking online is just reassuring that it is in fact getting processed and you don't have to worry about it. I just have that feeling that something is going to go wrong.
I really hope you get it soon... waiting is seriously the worst feeling. Fingers crossed for some relief for you!

Reactions: KuroNeko26

Katt

Feb 10, 2019
Hi! I think it does not matter.
Sponsorship fee ($75), principal applicant processing fee ($475), right of permanent residence fee ($490), Work permit (including extensions) – per person ($155) , open work permit holder ($100), Biometrics ($85). Alltogether = $1380.
I decided to not pay biometrics fee. So I paid $1040 + $255

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp
Hi, are we not going to do biometrics for inland?

nkuchi

Dec 11, 2019
Hi,

We paid PR fees (1125) which included biometrics fee.

Now, I need to pay for open work permit and the guide mentioned about biometrics fee. Do we need to pay biometrics fee again for work permit?

Thank you!

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Medicals passed two days ago. Just saw it now as I wasn't able to log in the account since.