+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2019 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

Vanitalo

Dec 15, 2019
I linked the OWP application with my account. I submitted the OWP in paper with my sponsorship application. However, it shows as "online application" under application type and the date received the information is incorrect. Anyone is having the same concern?

Crystel13

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019
I linked the OWP application with my account. I submitted the OWP in paper with my sponsorship application. However, it shows as "online application" under application type and the date received the information is incorrect. Anyone is having the same concern?
Mine also shows as "online application" even though I did a paper application. You shouldn't worry about it.

Reactions: Taylor_J

Crystel13

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019
So I’m sponsoring my husband and I got the AOR email which is great, but I’ve been reading about how the UCI in the email I received isn’t the UCI I’m supposed to use to link the PR paperwork to my account? Ugh, this is so confusing. Is he supposed to get a UCI number that’s different than mine to link the account? This is without even beginning to figure out the OWP hahahaha, hope everyone is having more luck than me!
No you need to use your husband's UCI. If you try with yours, it will never works. The application is for him as a principal applicant. Not for the sponsor. This is why the PA's UCI works and not the sponsor's UCI. I believe they give us a number just to identify us.

Taylor_J

Dec 13, 2019
No you need to use your husband's UCI. If you try with yours, it will never works. The application is for him as a principal applicant. Not for the sponsor. This is why the PA's UCI works and not the sponsor's UCI. I believe they give us a number just to identify us.
Right, I’ve noticed this in the guides, but we’re not 100% sure where to find his UCI or when he will get it. Thanks for the response!!

Katt

Feb 10, 2019
I'm in the same situation. Date received is incorrect. I submitted Oct.10 but it stated Oct.3 as received date.

Crystel13

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019
Visitor’s visa, extended until March.
It might be why you can't find the UCI. He should receive one when the OWP process starts or when they start to process his eligibility as a principal applicant. You can always call them and ask them what is his UCI with the application number. They might be able to give it to you.

KuroNeko26

Mar 12, 2018
California
It's been almost 2 weeks since I got AOR for my PR and I still can't link my OWP while most people linked theirs in just a couple days after getting AOR. I've tried multiple different combinations and still nothing.

RAMAN2633

Oct 6, 2016
Hello everyone,
Application received : 23-10-2019
AOR : 14-12-2019
After getting my AOR i tried to link application but it says only my lawyer can access my application. I don't want to depend on my lawyer for that. So does anybody use a representative and what u guys did. Because it would be such a headache to ask my lawyer for updates everyday.

Garry21

Apr 25, 2018
Hello everyone,
Application received : 23-10-2019
AOR : 14-12-2019
After getting my AOR i tried to link application but it says only my lawyer can access my application. I don't want to depend on my lawyer for that. So does anybody use a representative and what u guys did. Because it would be such a headache to ask my lawyer for updates everyday.
You can’t do anything now . Only option is cancel your representative on your file and then receive all communication from cic. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigration-citizenship-representative/change-cancel.html
Only way to check your status online is using ESAC

Reactions: RAMAN2633

Taylor_J

Dec 13, 2019
It might be why you can't find the UCI. He should receive one when the OWP process starts or when they start to process his eligibility as a principal applicant. You can always call them and ask them what is his UCI with the application number. They might be able to give it to you.
Thank you a bunch for the clarity, we super appreciate it! Linking all this stuff is nearly as confusing as applying in the first place haha, hopefully holidays can take our minds off of this for a little bit!