+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

bhaibhai

Nov 21, 2014
Do we see a specific update on tracker for DM? For me last update is on Sep 8th and only thing pending is Oath ceremony.

qsara

Aug 20, 2019
Do we see a specific update on tracker for DM? For me last update is on Sep 8th and only thing pending is Oath ceremony.
Yes...you have to check Ecas(old tracker) nd all your fields will change to completed except oath ceremony in new tracker

bhaibhai

Nov 21, 2014
Yes...you have to check Ecas(old tracker) nd all your fields will change to completed except oath ceremony in new tracker
Thanks. Well I do have DM in old tracker and all my fields except oath tracker are changed to completed since Sep 8 2021. But no oath invitation yet!!!

COOL_DUDE_CANADA

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Guys I received oath invite for February 1, 2022.

Applicant sent :Oct 17,2019
DM: Nov 11
Oath date : given Feb-1,2022

Hope I get the email and everything from here goes smooth..
Lol the struggle never ends .. so haven't received an email yet and I called cic and they mentioned the date u c on tracker is not an confirmed scheduled oath date. It is just a placeholder..
So basically unless u get an email the date we see is not a confirmed one.

wait still continues ... Looks like these guys don't want us to feel a slightest of slightest happiness even after we become citizens .. we will end up feeling.. ammm Soo done .

Sorry for rant .. just wanted a place ..

• Haha
Reactions: justhope

justhope

Star Member
Apr 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2017
Doc's Request.
12-01-2017
AOR Received.
26-01-2017
Med's Done....
18-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2017
LANDED..........
22-03-2017
Mississauga..no email yet about the instructions so it seems as per cic agent it's just a placeholder date.
Mine is scheduled for 2nd Feb. No email yet. Called CIC today. They asked to wait until end of this week and then call if not received. fingers crossed. :rolleyes:

Reactions: COOL_DUDE_CANADA

redd23

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Got my oath invite email today for Feb 2. Here is my timeline.
Oct 5th 2019 app mailed
DM Nov 3 2021
Oath email Jan 27 2022

Prior to this I emailed my processing centre to inquire about my application a few times since Oct 2021 to keep checking in on my status.

CIC-Mississauga-Citizenship@cic.gc.ca

If you will email include your application # and client Id in the subject line.

Good luck and God bless.

brbr123

Star Member
Dec 25, 2021
There is no pattern at all , IRCC is just randomly processing applications. There are applicants who have applied for citizenship Jan 2021, and they have already received their citizenship and passport. Yet there are applicants from 2019 who have no updates on their status for months and months. Why are they processing newer applications faster than older applications ? I know dozens of 2021 applicants who are finished their process. Now - You might say every case is different. I agree. But my case is very simple and easy. Married and came here from USA. All items still "in progress" they have not asked me for anything further. Just a huge delay.

• Sad
Reactions: CaBeaver

brbr123

Star Member
Dec 25, 2021
And when you send a webform, after 2 months they respond and say we are busy dealing with the situation in Afghanistan, all our agents are working priority on Afghanistan. What about us ? Are we forgotten forever? Why are 2021 applicants already done the process. 2019 , 2018 applicants waiting endlessly?

justhope

Star Member
Apr 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2017
Doc's Request.
12-01-2017
AOR Received.
26-01-2017
Med's Done....
18-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2017
LANDED..........
22-03-2017
Mine is scheduled for 2nd Feb. No email yet. Called CIC today. They asked to wait until end of this week and then call if not received. fingers crossed. :rolleyes:
I received my oath invite email as well.

Rebotman

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Dear All,

On IRCC website, came across to the below article (news) which reads: ((those who wish to self-administer their Oath by signed attestation, and celebrate their citizenship at a later date. This would shorten the waiting time for those at the final stage of their citizenship process)).

Any idea how this works and how to apply. below is the sited partograph and link to the website?

Thanks --

IRCC has expanded the use of virtual citizenship ceremonies, and is working to increase the number of candidates participating in ceremonies. Since April 1, 2020, over 170,000 applicants have become citizens through video oath ceremonies. The department is hosting 350 virtual ceremonies a month and inviting approximately 3,500 to 5,000 applicants weekly to deliver the Oath virtually. Moving forward, we are exploring an option for those who wish to self-administer their Oath by signed attestation, and celebrate their citizenship at a later date. This would shorten the waiting time for those at the final stage of their citizenship process.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2022/01/measures-to-improve-client-experience-and-modernize-canadas-immigration-system.html

MrChazz

May 4, 2021
Dear All,

On IRCC website, came across to the below article (news) which reads: ((those who wish to self-administer their Oath by signed attestation, and celebrate their citizenship at a later date. This would shorten the waiting time for those at the final stage of their citizenship process)).

Any idea how this works and how to apply. below is the sited partograph and link to the website?

Thanks --

IRCC has expanded the use of virtual citizenship ceremonies, and is working to increase the number of candidates participating in ceremonies. Since April 1, 2020, over 170,000 applicants have become citizens through video oath ceremonies. The department is hosting 350 virtual ceremonies a month and inviting approximately 3,500 to 5,000 applicants weekly to deliver the Oath virtually. Moving forward, we are exploring an option for those who wish to self-administer their Oath by signed attestation, and celebrate their citizenship at a later date. This would shorten the waiting time for those at the final stage of their citizenship process.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2022/01/measures-to-improve-client-experience-and-modernize-canadas-immigration-system.html
Key words: we are exploring an option

Reactions: Macarad