+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
i'm going to order my GCMS notes. Does anybody know if there is any advantage or difference in applying yourself or is it better to go with any of the immigration consultant firms?
I am not sure if there any difference, but I wanted to share with you that I applied for my notes beginning of November 2021, and still haven't received them. Apparently, they can decide not to give them if they feel preparing the notes interfere with their work.

Macarad

Nov 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
Doc's Request.
02-05-2017
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
03-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2017
LANDED..........
19-08-2017
I am not sure if there any difference, but I wanted to share with you that I applied for my notes beginning of November 2021, and still haven't received them. Apparently, they can decide not to give them if they feel preparing the notes interfere with their work.
I.... don't even know how to react anymore.... =/

Sometimes I reaaaaaaaaally consider cancelling my application and submitting a new one. Besides, the trips they were inquiring about in my case are no longer part of my 5 year admissibility period. But you know it's always like "what if i get news this week? It's just one final step."

So effing frustrating...

• Sad
Reactions: JuCW and CaBeaver

Rebotman

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Good day all, I have completed my interview and all steps are changed to completed on 1st Dec, except the oath. The officer was happy with everything and confirmed that all are in Also logged in to ecas and it is reflecting in progress. If al
Finally Canadian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Office: Vancouver

Application: Oct 2019

Tracker last updated: Aug 25, 2021

Language skills: July 20, 2021

Physical Presence: July 20, 2021

Citizenship Test: Scheduled May 14 and Updated May 26, 2021

Background Verification: (2nd Fingerprint request- July 20, sent July 24, Results received: Aug 16, status updated Aug 17, 2019)

Prohibitions: August 24, 2021

Oath Invite: Dec 20, 2021

Oath Ceremony: Jan 07, 2022

Certificate Received: Jan 11, 2022 (Collected by myself)
Congratulations .
How you managed to collect the certificate, would appreciate your feedback.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I.... don't even know how to react anymore.... =/

Sometimes I reaaaaaaaaally consider cancelling my application and submitting a new one. Besides, the trips they were inquiring about in my case are no longer part of my 5 year admissibility period. But you know it's always like "what if i get news this week? It's just one final step."

So effing frustrating...
Be patient. The eligibility period doesn't change over time. It's 5 years before you submit your application. Go ahead and order your notes. Don't be discouraged by what happened to others. Some got them in a month. It depends on the officer.

wraith

Apr 13, 2016
Hello Folks, looking for some advice regarding my Citizenship Application
  1. Application Submitted 18 October, 2019
  2. AOR 30 January, 2020
  3. Language Skills, Physical Presence, Background Verification, Prohibitions - In Progress
  4. Citizenship Test, Citizenship Ceremony - Not Started
There seems to be have been no movement on my file. There was a ghost update on August 9, 2021, with no changes to any of the sections. I did order my file notes, but there was nothing in the notes indicating an issue with the file. All sections there are still pending.

I am debating if it is worth pursuing a Mandamus Application. Friends and Acquaintances have applied up to a year after me and have already received there Citizenship.

im2kool

Star Member
Dec 29, 2020
  2. AOR 30 January, 2020
  3. Language Skills, Physical Presence, Background Verification, Prohibitions - In Progress
There seems to be have been no movement on my file. There was a ghost update on August 9, 2021, with no changes to any of the sections. I did order my file notes, but there was nothing in the notes indicating an issue with the file. All sections there are still pending.

I am debating if it is worth pursuing a Mandamus Application. Friends and Acquaintances have applied up to a year after me and have already received there Citizenship.
Go for it only if you can afford it.

Macarad

Nov 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
Doc's Request.
02-05-2017
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
03-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2017
LANDED..........
19-08-2017
Be patient. The eligibility period doesn't change over time. It's 5 years before you submit your application. Go ahead and order your notes. Don't be discouraged by what happened to others. Some got them in a month. It depends on the officer.
Yes, sorry, I meant that if I were to submit a new application those pesky trips would not be part of my new 5 year period. But yeah, i know that even if it takes them 100 years to process my current application they will still look at the same 5 years before i sent my file lol.

Reactions: CaBeaver

Macarad

Nov 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
Doc's Request.
02-05-2017
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
03-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2017
LANDED..........
19-08-2017
  2. AOR 30 January, 2020

do you have any reason to believe that something my be holding your file back, like a complex background check??

(in any case, it is obviously outrageous.... i'm really sorry to hear that =/ )

wraith

Apr 13, 2016
do you have any reason to believe that something my be holding your file back, like a complex background check??

(in any case, it is obviously outrageous.... i'm really sorry to hear that =/ )
No, I can't see why my file would be a complex one.

Came to Canada in 2010, did my Bachelors degree followed by a Masters degree. Have been gainfully employed since graduation. Through out this time, renewed my study visa, got the PR etc. Each time they must have conducted a background check. My travel history is limited as well.

I have been quoted ~15K flat rate for a Mandamus Application by a law firm in Toronto. That too without any guarantee that I will get answers :/

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Yes, sorry, I meant that if I were to submit a new application those pesky trips would not be part of my new 5 year period. But yeah, i know that even if it takes them 100 years to process my current application they will still look at the same 5 years before i sent my file lol.
Oh, I see. Withdrawing an application takes months, too, and they could reject your request to withdraw it, and if they approve the request, probably they won't open a new file for you before closing the old one. @luvtrump has some experience in this regard, and maybe they can shed some light on the process.

Reactions: Macarad

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
No, I can't see why my file would be a complex one.

Came to Canada in 2010, did my Bachelors degree followed by a Masters degree. Have been gainfully employed since graduation. Through out this time, renewed my study visa, got the PR etc. Each time they must have conducted a background check. My travel history is limited as well.

I have been quoted ~15K flat rate for a Mandamus Application by a law firm in Toronto. That too without any guarantee that I will get answers :/
$15K? That's steep. Someone reported that they started the process with a letter for $1000 and got DM and oath invitation within a month or so.

californian89

Feb 13, 2020
sent the below e-mail to the Minister of IRCC (sean.fraser@parl.gc.ca), and Cc: justin.trudeau@parl.gc.ca, erin.otoole@parl.gc.ca, JasrajSingh.Hallan@parl.gc.ca and local MP.

Although, it is just another e-mail, hopefully it grabs the curiosity and attention of any of the recipients. Fingers crossed
Sorry folks, I was very frustrated with these long wait when I wrote this and sent it. Just wanted to share it with y'all.

THE HONOURABLE SEAN FRASER
MINISTER OF IMMIGRATION, REFUGEES AND CITIZENSHIP CANADA
HOUSE OF COMMONS
OTTAWA, ONTARIO, CANADA K1A 0A6

Subject: Escalation of delays in processing Applications for Canadian Citizenship from 2019 by the IRCC Scarborough office

Dear H. Sean Fraser,

This e-mail is to address and escalate the massive backlog and huge delay in processing of Applications for Canadian Citizenship received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada in 2019.

Thousands of of 2019 applicants are still waiting for IRCC Scarborough Office to star assessing and processing their applications for Canadian citizenship, and to hear a clear answer from your department on when these applications will be finalized. Browsing on the internet, we have founds several social media groups where applications submitted to IRCC in 2020 and 2021 are being processed and finalized in a faster way than the ones received by IRCC in 2019.

What is causing this delay? The COVID-19 outbreak should no longer be an excuse as this situation has become our new reality and normal for the past three calendar years. In the same way as the workforce in the private sector has evolved and adapted to this global pandemic, I assume that this government department has put in place similar tactics to keep processing applications of any kind during these challenging times. How much longer applicants need to wait to get a final decision on these applications? The wait has been over two years. Is IRCC not processing applications on a “First come, First served basis”? Please clarify.

Please keep in mind that applicants are taxpayers and contributors to the Canadian economy, too. Although, grant of Canadian citizenship is a privilege, taxpayers have the right of freedom of speech, and to make sure that their applications are processed with fairness, equality and in timely manner by government departments and agencies.

According to IRCC's last update for grant of citizenship posted on their website, IRCC offices across Canada are finalizing most applications received between September 15 and 21, 2019. If so, what is holding the remainder of the applications submitted to IRCC in early and mid 2019? Why is IRCC Scarborough office not processing any of these, yet? IRCC already charged for a service that as of today is still not being delivered to the taxpayers.

A detailed answer with a committed deadline would be greatly appreciated to provide peace of mind and to improve the mental health of the applicants.

Respectfully,
YOUR NAME HERE
YOUR ADDRESS HERE

Cc:
The Right Honourable Justin Trudeau, Prime Minister of Canada,
The Honourable Erin O'Toole, Leader of the Official Opposition,
Jasraj Singh Hallan, Member of Parliment and Shadow Minister for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship

Ashik14

Aug 26, 2014
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2014
Doc's Request.
26-10-2014
AOR Received.
15-08-2014
Med's Done....
28-03-2014
Passport Req..
05-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
07-03-2015
Good day all, I have completed my interview and all steps are changed to completed on 1st Dec, except the oath. The officer was happy with everything and confirmed that all are in Also logged in to ecas and it is reflecting in progress. If al

Congratulations .
How you managed to collect the certificate, would appreciate your feedback.
During the Oath Ceremony I requested the officer and she gave me the date/time and recorded it in her system. I think who lives close to local Citizenship office can collect it by requesting during Oath Ceremony.

Reactions: Macarad

Macarad

Nov 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
06-09-2016
Doc's Request.
02-05-2017
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
Med's Request
07-02-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
03-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2017
LANDED..........
19-08-2017
Oh, I see. Withdrawing an application takes months, too, and they could reject your request to withdraw it, and if they approve the request, probably they won't open a new file for you before closing the old one. @luvtrump has some experience in this regard, and maybe they can shed some light on the process.
Thanks for the info! I was under the impression it was easier to simply get a new application going. So, good to know.

Reactions: CaBeaver

MrChazz

May 4, 2021
Most 2019 applicants are f**ked unless people make enough noise. The processing is definitely not first-come/first-served, for the simple reason that doing so would not help with the IRCC's KPIs (e.g., 80% within 12 months). They must be thinking that as long as 2020, 2021, etc are processed quickly enough, having earlier ones wait won't affect their numbers so much.

Claims on the website, such as "we are now processing applications received between ... and ..." are nonsensical bits meant to fool the sleepy. There is in reality no such processing going on for 2019 applicants. Otherwise, they would be close to finishing those applications by now, and their own records (see ATIP information revealed here) shows that they are nowhere near that.

Reactions: natashagils