+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

Aishas

Star Member
Aug 22, 2020
Hello friends I am applying for citizenship and as they have this requirement that if you have lived more than 183 days outside Canada you need to attach police clearance certificate (pcc) of that country too and I have spent more than 183 days in Pakistan and now I am trying to get the certificate from my country and it will take around 2 to 3 months however I need advice from you guys should I submit my application without the certificate and once I will receive the pcc I will send it to immigration or should I wait for the certificate to get it and apply after? Please advice
Thanks!

JuCW

Jan 25, 2017
Hello friends I am applying for citizenship and as they have this requirement that if you have lived more than 183 days outside Canada you need to attach police clearance certificate (pcc) of that country too and I have spent more than 183 days in Pakistan and now I am trying to get the certificate from my country and it will take around 2 to 3 months however I need advice from you guys should I submit my application without the certificate and once I will receive the pcc I will send it to immigration or should I wait for the certificate to get it and apply after? Please advice
Thanks!
I think you have to submit all the documents they require or your application may be considered incomplete. But I’m just guessing here.

JuCW

Jan 25, 2017
I don't know what else we can do. I have done it all, too, with no use
The email I sent that I think had some effect was when I asked them if there was a glitch in the system that caused my application to get stuck. Because I couldn’t see any other reason for all the delays. But it might have been the person who read it that really cared, I don’t know.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
The email I sent that I think had some effect was when I asked them if there was a glitch in the system that caused my application to get stuck. Because I couldn’t see any other reason for all the delays. But it might have been the person who read it that really cared, I don’t know.
It might be the latter, that's why I send multiple webforms/complaints hoping someone will forward my messages to someone with executive decision making privileges. I believe the agent who reads the messages decides whether to forward a message or not. As for the email, unfortunately, the Montreal office, where my file is collecting dust, doesn't respond to emails, not like Mis office.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Out of curiosity, did you use the test email or there is another email you used to email your local office?

MIT19

Nov 30, 2019
Thanks!
You must apply complete application.

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Now it’s official. Certificates arrived today, 12 days after the oath, one week after status changed to close.
I know it’s hard to believe, but you’ll get yours too.
Nice. Was your certificate mailed out from the local office?

JuCW

Jan 25, 2017
Out of curiosity, did you use the test email or there is another email you used to email your local office?
I used 2. One was the test or interview one, and the other email someone gave me in this forum, for Mississauga office. But I believe the first one was the one that worked given the timeline.

Reactions: CaBeaver

qsara

Aug 20, 2019
Thanks!
My advise is that wait for pcc and apply...otherwise they may return your application after months stating that it's incomplete....