+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

Rebotman

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Dear Folks,
Looking at my portal all steps on my application have been completed except the oath ceremony which is (not processed yet)

My background verification also completed, yet still I have received fingerprints request. Last one I did was in March 2021, which should be valid for an year. Anyone faced such situation?
Im now confused what to do !! wait for oath ceremony invitation or proceed with another fingerprints?
Can this be a mistake or am I missing something. Your experience/feedback is appreciated.

Last edited:

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Dear Folks,
Looking at my portal all steps on my application have been completed except the oath ceremony which is (not processed yet)

My background verification also completed, yet still I have received fingerprints request. Last one I did was in March 2021, which should be valid for an year. Anyone faced such situation?
Im now confused what to do !! wait for oath ceremony invitations or proceed with another fingerprints?
Can this be a mistake or am I missing something. Your experience/feedback is appreciated.
No one knows. Call them. When was all steps completed?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Dear Folks,

Im now confused what to do !! wait for oath ceremony invitation or proceed with another fingerprints?
We can know only from gcms if its really required and officer is waiting for it.
But i havent seen any accidental/glitch on finger print requests. You shouldnt be going with what is displayed on online tracker as we all know that IP is not actual IP and even test failed is shown as completed. So if i were you, i will order gcms notes this week and still send the fingerprint records this week rather than waiting for something to happen.

With cic, there is no escape. We have to get all the steps through the process charted by the officer for this file. So i wouldnt waste time waiting on giving fingerprints just because you see background completed on online tracker.

Do you see DM in old ecas? When did you get your fingerprint request? post full timeline.

Rebotman

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
We can know only from gcms if its really required and officer is waiting for it.
But i havent seen any accidental/glitch on finger print requests. You shouldnt be going with what is displayed on online tracker as we all know that IP is not actual IP and even test failed is shown as completed. So if i were you, i will order gcms notes this week and still send the fingerprint records this week rather than waiting for something to happen.

With cic, there is no escape. We have to get all the steps through the process charted by the officer for this file. So i wouldnt waste time waiting on giving fingerprints just because you see background completed on online tracker.

Do you see DM in old ecas? When did you get your fingerprint request? post full timeline.
Thank you for the feedback and noted with thanks.

Pjk1

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO-->WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9 Dec 2014
Nomination.....
25 Feb 2015
AOR Received.
11 Apr 2015
IELTS Request
sent with app
File Transfer...
11 Apr 2015
Med's Request
10 May 2015
Med's Done....
01 Jun 2015,TLU -10 JUN 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 jul 2015
VISA ISSUED...
30 jul 2015
Hi All, Finally We completed the oath yesterday Dec-14 via zoom. Now waiting to get the citizenship certificate.

In my case, test was completed and finger print was again provided (2nd time) in July 2021. Then there was no update from CIC until I sent a inquiry via webform asking for an update. This inquiry was sent last week of September. Within next 1 week, I saw the language, physical presence and prohibition status updated as complete. Then again no progress about citizenship ceremony. Hence I sent one more webform inquiry on Nov 24, and on Dec 1 the status of citizenship ceremony changed to in progress, and within couple of days I got the email invitation for the oath scheduled on Dec 14. I hope I will get my certificate within next few days without sending another inquiry.

My office is Scarborough

Reactions: CaBeaver

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hi All, Finally We completed the oath yesterday Dec-14 via zoom. Now waiting to get the citizenship certificate.

In my case, test was completed and finger print was again provided (2nd time) in July 2021. Then there was no update from CIC until I sent a inquiry via webform asking for an update. This inquiry was sent last week of September. Within next 1 week, I saw the language, physical presence and prohibition status updated as complete. Then again no progress about citizenship ceremony. I again sent another webform inquiry on Nov 24, then on Dec 1 the status of citizenship ceremony changed to in progress, and within couple of days I got the email invitation for the oath scheduled on Dec 14. I hope I will get my certificate within next few days without sending another inquiry.
Congrats. How did you word your messages? I sent them at least 2 webforms and 2 complaints forms in the last 2 months, and nothing happened. Also, how many people were in the ceremony?

Pjk1

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO-->WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9 Dec 2014
Nomination.....
25 Feb 2015
AOR Received.
11 Apr 2015
IELTS Request
sent with app
File Transfer...
11 Apr 2015
Med's Request
10 May 2015
Med's Done....
01 Jun 2015,TLU -10 JUN 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 jul 2015
VISA ISSUED...
30 jul 2015
Congrats. How did you word your messages? I sent them at least 2 webforms and 2 complaints forms in the last 2 months, and nothing happened. Also, how many people were in the ceremony?
Hi,
I worded it as I have to travel oustside Canada soon, but didn’t give any travel dates or proof of travel. A total of 120 people got the citizenship.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hi,
I worded it as I have to travel oustside Canada soon, but didn’t give any travel dates or proof of travel. A total of 120 people got the citizenship.
Hmm, interesting. I usually use a critical tone. They seem sensitive to criticism and don't respond well to it.

120 people is a good number. I wish all ceremonies host as many people. Not 35 and 40 people as I saw recently

JuCW

Jan 25, 2017
Hmm, interesting. I usually use a critical tone. They seem sensitive to criticism and don't respond well to it.

120 people is a good number. I wish all ceremonies host as many people. Not 35 and 40 people as I saw recently
Agree that they don’t respond well to criticism. For me, things started progressing when I said I believed there was a glitch in the system, and didn’t blame them for the delay.

Reactions: CaBeaver