+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

COOL_DUDE_CANADA

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Just asking for opinions:
My tracker is all completed ( updated November 10) and just oath not started .
I submitted my 2nd fp on Feb 15-2021, so do you guys think they should worst case send me oath before Feb 15-2022 or it doesn't matter to them..

What do you guys think .. am soooo fed up really ..this is just getting on my nerves ..

Reactions: CaBeaver

JuCW

Jan 25, 2017
Just asking for opinions:
My tracker is all completed ( updated November 10) and just oath not started .
I submitted my 2nd fp on Feb 15-2021, so do you guys think they should worst case send me oath before Feb 15-2022 or it doesn't matter to them..

What do you guys think .. am soooo fed up really ..this is just getting on my nerves ..
They should. But who knows if they will? I’d give them a couple of weeks, then start bugging them through emails to see if someone understands the issue and helps out.

David2736

Star Member
Apr 22, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
n/a
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Nov-2014
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
07-Nov-2014
Interview........
15-Dec-2015
Oh, I see. I thought you are waiting the oath email because you are already scheduled for the oath. For 'decision made' they don't sent an email. The next step is to be scheduled for the oath.
I got an email about the update about my language test on July 1st. Stands to reason I'd get another email about these updates, too.

Oh, CIC, the only consistency is that they are inconsistent.

I'll give it a week before I try calling them. I hate to do it, they get so annoyed like I've woken them up or something.

And, of course, you cannot find a phone number without answering the drop-down menu options for literally everything else except the one asking about your application status. So stupid.

See:

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: royce110

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I got an email about the update about my language test on July 1st. Stands to reason I'd get another email about these updates, too.

Oh, CIC, the only consistency is that they are inconsistent.

I'll give it a week before I try calling them. I hate to do it, they get so annoyed like I've woken them up or something.

And, of course, you cannot find a phone number without answering the drop-down menu options for literally everything else except the one asking about your application status. So stupid.

See:
IRCC is a shameful governmental entity.

Johnny_0507

Star Member
Nov 4, 2014
Toronto
IRCC is so pathetic and unorganized.
Some of the common lines used by IRCC are:
  • We are processing Afghan
  • COVID19 Delays
  • We are processing Syria
  • Blah....blah....blah

I am waiting only for an oath invite for the last 7 months now, with an expired visa & passport.

Over the last 2 months reached out to the local MP and Mississauga IRCC office to get the most ridiculous answer "You have to Wait, all the files are processed in FIFO."

not sure what's the escalation matrix for IRCC.

Does anyone have some advice, except for waiting?

COOL_DUDE_CANADA

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
They should. But who knows if they will? I’d give them a couple of weeks, then start bugging them through emails to see if someone understands the issue and helps out.
No use over emails .. I keep sending the Mississauga office an email every 15 days ..
They keep responding same bullshit FIFO..
I am just too tired and fed up and thinking what can actually push them to process my file.
I had reached out to MP - not much they could do

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
  • COVID19 Delays
  • Blah....blah....blah

I am waiting only for an oath invite for the last 7 months now, with an expired visa & passport.

Over the last 2 months reached out to the local MP and Mississauga IRCC office to get the most ridiculous answer "You have to Wait, all the files are processed in FIFO."

FIFO is is just a BS excuse, my colleagues who applied in 2021 are already Citizens or have been scheduled for oath whereas I did the test only last month.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
  • COVID19 Delays
  • Blah....blah....blah

Use the complaint feedback feature. Criticize them there. Leave a negative feedback

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
No use over emails .. I keep sending the Mississauga office an email every 15 days ..
I am just too tired and fed up and thinking what can actually push them to process my file.
I would suggest to start using the complaint feedback form. Say everything negative to them. At the end these complaints must be read by some neutral party (I hope) so IRCC can be held accountable.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
FIFO is is just a BS excuse, my colleagues who applied in 2021 are already Citizens or have been scheduled for oath whereas I did the test only last month.
Every excuse is a BS. There is no justification to any delay. Even after 21 months into the pandemic, IRCC still accepts paper-based applications, which are difficult to handle because most IRCC staff are still working from home. So, covid-19 excuse is BS, but they like it because it gives them a cover for their laziness and incompetency.

JuCW

Jan 25, 2017
I am pretty sure it was an email that got thing going in my case. Mississauga office as well. I might have been lucky for a change.

JuCW

Jan 25, 2017
I wish you guys spoke Portuguese so I could say exactly what comes to my mind when they say they are processing in FIFO.

JuCW

Jan 25, 2017
Now it’s official. Certificates arrived today, 12 days after the oath, one week after status changed to close.
I know it’s hard to believe, but you’ll get yours too.